Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

SFP

Your cutoffs from both sides blend together, it seems. I need to fix mine too but both of mine are distinguishable, drivers side just needs to go slightly outward. It should look like this:

Yea, I ran outta time to mess with it I think the starbit looking part is for horizontal adjustment. I wonder how the motors that are supposedly in these actually work.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #182
They only adjust vertically and automatically based on some sensors in the Euro cars.

Chris G

Your cutoffs from both sides blend together, it seems. I need to fix mine too but both of mine are distinguishable, drivers side just needs to go slightly outward. It should look like this:

Wow. I am really impressed with the cutoff considering this projector has halogens in it from the factory. Looks fantastic.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #184
I will be ordering a set of the female star bits soon but if anyone else figures out what size it is before me, let me know.

SFP

Will do, wonder of Lowes would look at me weird if I just carried a headlight in lol

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #190
I don't understand what you mean, each headlight has it's own cutoff. Look at my video.

[video=youtube;nx_YWB7b5cs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx_YWB7b5cs[/video]

I don't understand what you mean, each headlight has it's own cutoff. Look at my video.

[video=youtube;nx_YWB7b5cs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx_YWB7b5cs[/video]
The link doesn't work on mobile for me.

What I'm saying is that the cutoff that ChrisG quoted doesn't look anything like what Tuxblack posted. Leading me to believe what ChrisG quoted are a proper HID retrofit and not the EU headlights with HIDs in them.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #192
The picture I posted was some generic Google image:

This is what TuxBlack posted, picture of his actual lights, which look just like mine:

Chris G

Got mine wired up this morning. Huge hats off to [MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION] for his write up - probably wouldn't have completed this the right way without that.

I did run across a couple things that appeared to be slightly different between my car and [MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION]'s car.

1. My wires were colored the same as the EDM vs. USDM diagram (below) on the driver side but not on the passenger side. No idea why that is but everything appears to be working correctly.

2. My light harnesses were slightly different looking than the ones on the write up. The blocking plates were white, not black, and easily came out of the bottom without taking the whole harness apart. Again, a few pics below...

Harness from the back:

Blocking plate piece removed:

Blocker removed from harness:

From a removal of the blocker and moving the wire standpoint, everything is the same. Here are a few finished shots of my lights and the LEDs. I will be using Philips Diamond Vision halogen bulbs for the time being.

Hopefully this helps some of us that have 2014 or 2015 models vs. 2016.

Seeing that the LED's come on with the parking lamps, does this also mean that the LED's blink when the turn signal is on?

Chris G

They do not. The turn signal remains the same as on the US cars. Instead of a dual filament like the US headlights, these headlights use a single filament in the turn signal. Basically on the Euro lights you're separating out one bulb (orange park + orange turn) to two (LED + orange turn). Moving the wire in the harness allows this to happen. I hope that makes sense.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Great write up everyone! I'm definitely doing this in the future, once I get some other upgrades done first. I will post up if the Canadian variant that includes the daytime running lights have any differences in the harness.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #200
They do not. The turn signal remains the same as on the US cars. Instead of a dual filament like the US headlights, these headlights use a single filament in the turn signal. Basically on the Euro lights you're separating out one bulb (orange park + orange turn) to two (LED + orange turn). Moving the wire in the harness allows this to happen. I hope that makes sense.
That's correct. You could wire them up in the blinkers if you wanted, but I didn't want to try to figure that out.

Your lights look good! I'm glad you got them in and wiring wasn't too much of an issue. My wire colors were different than the comparison pic you posted, as well as different between sides. I imagine this was because I'm a 2016. That's what I simply pointed out wire position in my guide, because pin and wire location that is needed is the same, so it's easier than saying colors.