Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kia Threatens Ford Fiesta ST With Next-gen Rio!

Waterfan

Everyone wins when there is competition. Bring it on Kia!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe not Ford, but segment competition is a win for us enthusiasts/consumers!

Agree, bring it on, so Ford will be even more motivated to improve on the FiST formula.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I'm sure people thought the Hyundai Genesis was supposed to be a threat too and we know how that turned out. I rarely see them and I have only seen one or two modified ones.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I'm sure people thought the Hyundai Genesis was supposed to be a threat too and we know how that turned out. I rarely see them and I have only seen one or two modified ones.
I had a Genesis Coupe 2.0T Rspec for three years. Had intake, downpipe, cat back, intake manifold spacer, and tuned. The intercooler wasn't too bad. It was also slammed on Megan Racing coilovers and had a tablet mod running torquepro with an ELM OBD2. It was a fun car, but the transmission was crap, the quality was crap, and the aftermarket was non-existent by comparison. The parts available came with big price tags... At the time, an intercooler was nearly $1k for the cooler alone. No one was really experimenting with bigger turbos since there wasn't much tuning support... I'm pretty sure that even today the best option is an LS swap for power.

My point is the KDM market won't outdo us. Maybe Average Joe sales, but the enthusiasts...nah.

Not really concerned. The "competition" might be good, as a means for Ford to up the ante on the next generation FiST.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
No 4WD Fiesta ST or widebody 3dr Fiesta ST or RS will ever happen; not the Mk 7 or mk 8 platform