Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe's Blue by You Build

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #443
Did you raise your coils up a bit to get that fitment with the tires?
I only raised the front 1.5 turns till i fit the 225/45/15 tires in then I brought it back down 1 turn as I was seeing inner fender liner wear in spots from hard cornering in AutoX events and perhaps the taller 17 inch tires I like to run in the wet but am too lazy to adjust the car for them.. lol these 15's are like 23 inches tall and 215/45/17's i run are 24.5 inches tall..

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #444
Ok here are a few of the new tires and wheels .
Also as a PSA after you add more power to the car than the tires can handle REMEMBER to turn off ESC or driving will get weird .. lol The front brakes tring to stop the wheels from spinning make for some interesting driving as they pull the car left and right lol

Attachments

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #445
[video=youtube_share;xCKyj0C6Atc]http://youtu.be/xCKyj0C6Atc[/video]

Another quick Iphone dirty video of incar with DHM GTX turbo and 2J-racing intake if you listen you can hear it lol this iw with windows open too rowing a few gears

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #446
Well with the new power and added heat I needed to do something to get more air flow through the front of the car. So ordered up some RunCool louvers and went about putting them on at first they seemed HUGE but once fitted on the car the black wasn't as big looking at the white paper i had used to get and idea of which louvers to buy. Here are the ones I picked up Linky
So here is way We went about doing this today Started with lots of tape and covered the hood. Run Cool says you can di this on the car but I chose to remove the hood.

Attachments

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #447
So with the louvers set as to where the flow would start after the radiator ond without moving the washer spray nozzles only had to line up the two side and set to work. Hole saw the corners and used a hand held electric grinder with a thin metal disk to remove only the top skin and leave the under bracing for strength and for added flow a lil swiss cheese action on the bracing. As well as a quick coat of black paint to prevent rust and hide the bracing from the top down view when the hood is closed.

Attachments

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #448
And then Rivet the louvers in place and install the hood back on the car making sure it is lined up with the marks i put on before removal. All back together and ready for the warm summer days ahead and a few trips to BlackHawk Farms and Road America in August..

Attachments

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #455
Yup though We will be in Rockford that day.
And just signed up for BlackHawk Farms Over the 4th HSAX on Sunday

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #456
That looks great !! I wanna see it in the sun :)
As You requested more pics in the morning Sunlight

Attachments

JasonHaven

I just read (mostly) through this whole damned thread. Well done on everything guys, and a fun conversation to boot. Amazing car, Rod. [cheers]

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #459
Thanks Jason I try to keep it on task but do allow it to wander from time to time.. Glad you liked it. ;)