Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Let's talk Fiesta ST hitches

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
That's the plan! My Ducs leave me stranded more than not and it's much easier to load them onto my bike trailer than the back of my truck. And I'd look cool too!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Woods247

Is it hard to remove and install quickly?
Not really. You'd need to bring the fish wires for the bolts just in case they need to be reinstalled. I suppose it depends on your exhaust too. The CP-e rear section comes off easily. I'm going to corner balance my car again to compensate for the weight change. I also plan to remove my rear seats so that might offset it as well.

I could probably remove it in 15 minutes including the time it takes to setup jack stands.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I think it'll take you 15min+ just to fish the "nuts" out from the frame rails. TDavis, what's your reasoning for wanting to take it on and off? I'm guessing for weight?

Woods247

I think it'll take you 15min+ just to fish the "nuts" out from the frame rails. TDavis, what's your reasoning for wanting to take it on and off? I'm guessing for weight?

Haha! It was actually simple. I must’ve watched the eTrailer video ten times before I installled the hitch.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
You could tack weld the nuts in place and make it a very easy job, especially if your rear exhaust is converted to a slip fitting or better yet V band like I used to allow a quick change to straight pipe for the track:)

cantdog

Hi there. Reading through this thread over the years and put a drawtite hitch on a stock 2016 ST. As expected, it blunks around. Was wondering if any concensus has been reached as to what exhaust hangers to order, some say cobb but then others say cobb still bangs, some say mountune, etc etc.

Has there been any concensus reached with which combination of draw-tite hitch + aftermarket exhaust hangers work best?

kivnul

Consensus, no. It somewhat depends on what exhaust you are running. I believe Cobb and Mountune hangers are both shorter and stiffer than OEM. Whoosh makes stiffer but same length as OEM. You should only have to replace the last 1 (or 2) hangers.

There was one on my used 17 that I took off immediately. I can check the part number, dont even recall the brand. It fit perfect when I took it off. Pretty sure mine was used as a hitch bike carrier deal.

I posted some pics on my installation. The issue is not JUST the hangers are short, but that they allow lateral movement. Whatever method you choose, you need prevent the sideways movement on the arms. Having said all that, last night I installed my 3k mile used Borla exhaust. Well, it is practically touching the whole time. I have two main ideas in mind.

1. wrap the muffler in the two places where it strikes in manifold.
2. secure silicone padding to the hitch's huge plate or just wrap the whole thing in silicone sheeting to minimize baking the paint off of it.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/trailer-hitch-muffler-hangers-my-way.21227/#post-363164