Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MRX Short block aux fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #141
Is mountune where it is at for a built engine? I’m a 110k on mine and was thinking of saving for a built one.
They build a short block with forged internals balanced and blueprinted. It’s a great bang for the buck and in my opinion the only way to start an engine build 👍

They build a short block with forged internals balanced and blueprinted. It’s a great bang for the buck and in my opinion the only way to start an engine build 👍
Seems fair enough. Has anyone looked into the bottom end of the engine? How stout is that?

I was under the understanding mountune only produces the short block, not the entire engine; bottom half: oil pump, sump. Etc. have not seen much on the inner workings of this particular engine so I could be wrong. I come from a WRX platform, so some of my knowledge may not apply I suppose.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #145
I was under the understanding mountune only produces the short block, not the entire engine; bottom half: oil pump, sump. Etc. have not seen much on the inner workings of this particular engine so I could be wrong. I come from a WRX platform, so some of my knowledge may not apply I suppose.
Yes you will need an oil pan and all the rest to complete the long block. Whether or not to rob your old engine or buy new parts is the real question 😀

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #150
Glad to see someone getting a built engine up and running! I hope you enjoy it. Maybe with a little time, you’ll become confident to throw more power at it? Another member was pushing over 350whp on a Mountune shortblock, so it can handle some work. He was being moderate, though.
Thanks for chiming in. I now have a platform to make way more power if I desire so who knows? Who is this stealthy member I don’t know about? It’s like finding out I have a long lost brother 😍

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thanks for chiming in. I now have a platform to make way more power if I desire so who knows? Who is this stealthy member I don’t know about? It’s like finding out I have a long lost brother 😍
Perfblue15, I believe. I get mixed up with real names and usernames.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #156
Well that's disappointing! Hopefully you will let it stretch its legs and can get some performance numbers from it!
I’m pulling your leg hoser! It will be used to smoke some fools including TyphoonFiST and to run The Tail and other mountain twistys around the country. All tuning is being performed by Mitch on their Mustang dyno so I’ll have some initial numbers for 91/93/E50 next week.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #158
Well after reading about lspi and the detergents Calcium, Sodium and Magnesium that cause it, I just ordered some Joe Gibbs Racing Driven 0W-20 & 5W-30 Street Performance Direct Injection oil. It has a less volatile base oil as well as low if any of the 3 culprits mentioned above. Enginelabs has a good article about this subject ✊

Se7eN

Well after reading about lspi and the detergents Calcium, Sodium and Magnesium that cause it, I just ordered some Joe Gibbs Racing Driven 0W-20 & 5W-30 Street Performance Direct Injection oil. It has a less volatile base oil as well as low if any of the 3 culprits mentioned above. Enginelabs has a good article about this subject ✊
I use this oil in the 10w-30 for LS engine applications on my other car. It works great and that engine was rebuilt by my self. Leaves no sludge what so ever, always comes out pretty clean as well. Barely use the car but change the oil every once in a while.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #160
I use this oil in the 10w-30 for LS engine applications on my other car. It works great and that engine was rebuilt by my self. Leaves no sludge what so ever, always comes out pretty clean as well. Barely use the car but change the oil every once in a while.
Did you have less knock events?

Status
Not open for further replies.