Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Paint Issue on 16'

I was cleaning my car this afternoon and the paint on the corner of the front bumper peeled/chipped off. I still have the piece of paint. Does anyone know if this is covered under warranty? The car is only 3 months old with only 1200 miles.

Some reason it won't allow me to attach this. I will try to edit it later.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
That looks like something that would be still under warranty.

I had my whole quarter panel repainted on my focus with over 15k, over a year old and I was the 2nd owner. It'll be covered.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

my front bumper has the same thing on multiple parts flaked off like that on the edges and around headlights I used a touch up pen. It sucks on a new car when it happens but they never stay perfect rock chips from highway driving and idiots with there zippers and buttons walking up the side of your car and the best one is when they open there doors on your car in a parking lot and you get door dings.

OP
N
Thread Starter #6
I had my whole quarter panel repainted on my focus with over 15k, over a year old and I was the 2nd owner. It'll be covered.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Did they do a good job on your car? When I had my Abarth, my side rocker adhesive was peeling. When they took it off the car and put new adhesive on they chipped the entire rocker. It took them 3 times to get the paint right.... Then again that was Fiat, and I have no idea if the dealer painted the car or brought it else where.

my front bumper has the same thing on multiple parts flaked off like that on the edges and around headlights I used a touch up pen. It sucks on a new car when it happens but they never stay perfect rock chips from highway driving and idiots with there zippers and buttons walking up the side of your car and the best one is when they open there doors on your car in a parking lot and you get door dings.
Do you have any pics of the touch up? I just wanna see how it looks. I haven't had time to bring it in, going to this week though. Thanks everyone for the input.

Did they do a good job on your car? When I had my Abarth, my side rocker adhesive was peeling. When they took it off the car and put new adhesive on they chipped the entire rocker. It took them 3 times to get the paint right.... Then again that was Fiat, and I have no idea if the dealer painted the car or brought it else where.
They did better than when I was rear ended... there was a tad of clearcoat over spray that needed wet sanded in the one door jam, but before I ever brought it back I was rear ended and it all got repainted, and that shop did a crap job...

They had a body shop (a local chain: Wilburn Auto) on site, and the dealer had them do the work. The had to do a "tape test" and it had to show that paint came off with tape to show ford there is a paint issue that was not just a rock chip issue.