Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Resonator Delete and Warranty

I'm just wondering if doing a resonator delete myself will void my warranty. I have the 6-year or 60,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty. I'm assuming that it most likely will, and also want to know what modifications I can do that for sure will not void my warranty and if they have to be done by a professional.

I'm just wondering if doing a resonator delete myself will void my warranty. I have the 6-year or 60,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty. I'm assuming that it most likely will, and also want to know what modifications I can do that for sure will not void my warranty and if they have to be done by a professional.
Search the forum and/or internet for "moss magnuson act" for the long answer but in short, no, no single modification can wholesale invalidate your warranty.

If your windows stop working, they can't tie that failure to the resonator delete and must cover it.

Did a resonator delete on my speed 3, never had a problem. Had 500 miles on my fiesta and ford never said anything, even when i went in for warranty work and my first free oil change.

OP
J
Thread Starter #4
Did a resonator delete on my speed 3, never had a problem. Had 500 miles on my fiesta and ford never said anything, even when i went in for warranty work and my first free oil change.
Good to know. I've heard it just depends on if the dealership wants to be a dick or not regarding most modifications