Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stumble under partial/ full load in wet weather only.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You did say the Evap canister shit the bed....how is the electrical connector? Just a thought....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

My stock intercooler was full of water when I swapped it for the CPE. I never had any stumbling though. Not sure how water ends up in there. Just condensation?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #83
Typhoon thats a great question. Ill get a good look when i replace it this weekend ( finally showed up)

Karp. Maybe?? But youd think an aftermarket cooler wouldnt do that. Its not like the charge gets lower than ambient on my car.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #87
Check your vacum hoses. air filter and all clamps etc.

Are you driving with ESC off?
Any lines beyond factory have been double checked multiple times. Havent messed with any factory hard lines. Clamps and piping also checked as its continued over 3 intake setups. Does this regardless of esc on or off.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #88
had this issue before as well. Try putting some dielectric grease in the spark plug boot on the coilpack. water may be getting in there.
I can try it for sure. Though when i sprayed the topside with water on a dry day it didnt act up. Might not have been enough.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #90
Bumping this back up. Still have the same issue. Gas milage is still crap even with new canister.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #93
33 average. Last year was around 36 to high 37.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #94
I flashed down to stage 0 yesterday. Even though i know its still going to act up in humid and wet weather. Thinking about taking the car back to as far stock as i can. Getting tired of it and its problems that can never be solved with out it spending weeks at a shop.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #95
Ok so on my way back home got even worse milage Than heading down to my girlfriendšŸ˜„. Taking a half tank to do a 3 hour trip on a cobbs stage 0 tune ( stock??) Really fucking sucks. Its not like i was pushing the limits or anything just trying to cruise with the AC on to fight the humidity. I have no idea why my car is shitting the bed when it gets rainy and humid out. Or why its milage has suddenly tanked over the course of 4 months.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
There's something we're missing here. I have no idea what, but it shouldn't be acting up like that.

It's clearly water/humidity, but I don't know what else to check. [unbelieveable]

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #98
I hit an ice chunk and cracked it. It has since been repaired. I put dielectric grease on the coil packs and some connectors that could get wet. Looked at cat temps on the 3 hour drive. Stayed arounf 1200 to 1500 degress. So idk. I still get zero trouble codes. This problem is undiagnosable. I dont understand how to data log. Dont even know where to begin. Dont even have a tuner to take a look at it anyways so that wouldnt do any good. Besides it needing to be the same conditions to get it to show on a log if I'm even logging the right parameters. This is probaby Ford's way to shift a few more mustangs. Make hot hatches, but do it unreliable so that way they buy v8 garbage.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #100
Yeah. Rain today on my way in to work today. Probably rain all week.