Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Oh ok. I hope I can figure something out... 22lbs weight loss per axle from the brakes and 20lbs per axle from 15 inch wheels would be amazing.
[MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION]
Yeah, I'm sure you would definitely feel that, though you're being ovely optimistic on the weight savings. Going from 17" to 15" tires is most likely going to net you a 4-5lb weight saving per axle at most. Still noticeable most likely.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah, I'm sure you would definitely feel that, though you're being ovely optimistic on the weight savings. Going from 17" to 15" tires is most likely going to net you a 4-5lb weight saving per axle at most. Still noticeable most likely.
You can easily lose 20#/axle going to 15" 949's. I lost 16#/axle using 17x8 949's (and I can still use the WW BBK).

Yes, the suspension is stock, the fender arch gaps look ok to me.

I would like to try coilovers with adjustable dampers though, I think the dampening might be a little too hard for these lighter wheels.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^That looks really good for 15s, as I just took for granted that it was lowered!

The R1Rs running a slight bit taller than the rest of the 15s out there helps a little as well though. ;)

Well, I'm on the search for wheels again?!? What do you guys think about the Borbet CW1's? They have that "RS look" I think. Hyper Silver so I think they may look pretty awesome on my Ingot Silver FiST?!?

[biggrin]

17x7, 4x108, ET38

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If not all then nearly all Borbet wheels I have looked into over the years are very heavy which hurts all aspects of performance, ride, adds wear on the chassis, etc....best to make sure not a heavy wheel if into performance over looks;)

Not a bad looking wheel though:)

If not all then nearly all Borbet wheels I have looked into over the years are very heavy which hurts all aspects of performance, ride, adds wear on the chassis, etc....best to make sure not a heavy wheel if into performance over looks;)

Not a bad looking wheel though:)
I am really more into looks over performance. I've been Googling to try and find weight but not having much luck. Germans?!? I don't want them to be heavier than stock. Those things weigh a ton in my opinion.

: )

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Sorry, I do not get it, buying a performance car and making it slower for looks, just does not jive with my 48 years of modding cars to make them faster:)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Sorry, I do not get it, buying a performance car and making it slower for looks, just does not jive with my 48 years of modding cars to make them faster:)
Well then, tell/petition your zero weight wheel manufacturers to start making some MUCH BETTER looking wheels than the ones already out there for our cars/bolt patterns, as NOT everyone finds it so easy/simple/worth the expense to either change out hubs, or wants to go through the bother of drilling them to accommodate your 4x100 multitude of choices. [wink]

There is NO reason we cannot have BOTH! [nono]

I understand your point, but M-Sport is right by me. I really don't like "any" wheels we can get in the US so I've started searching the UK. Much "better" choices but still somewhat limited with choices. There are "tons" of choices in 4x100 but I'm just not feeling the 4x100 conversion route.

Oh hummmmmm....

[dunno]

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
'Only' dropping 3.5 lbs. per wheel might as well be installing blocks of lead for rolling stock to the 'wheel weight weenies' on here. ;) [mad]
agreed. as if they're building time attack cars or something. lol Some of us don't want that same thin, multi-spoke look that so many of the lightweights come in. and no way I'm going smaller! car looks like a giant roller skate with 15s on it. That Brabus is a nice find actually.

I understand your point, but M-Sport is right by me. I really don't like "any" wheels we can get in the US so I've started searching the UK. Much "better" choices but still somewhat limited with choices. There are "tons" of choices in 4x100 but I'm just not feeling the 4x100 conversion route.

Oh hummmmmm....

[dunno]
yea I can't find ANYTHING I truly like. and no way I'm converting the lug pattern. then I've got to worry about finding brake rotors each time. pass. and something about putting 8 holes where there once was 4 just bothers me.