Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trying to Measure Boost via MAP Readout

Hey guys!

So I've posted on here a few times in the past few weeks hunting a possible low boost situation on my '19 FiST. Thur far, I have checked and tightened all the boost clamps a few times to make sure they're down good. In fact, one connecting to the intercooler was slipping off and I had it reattached.

Usually, I measure my car data with a Scangauge II, which gives good data approximations for daily driving, but I decided to hook up my Foxwell OBD2 scanner and record my drive. There was no option for straight boost psi, so I used the MAP option and it said it was set in psi.

After viewing the data, my peak MAP reading was 4.9 at about 4150 RPM. If my math and understanding of the MAP reading is correct, my areas barometric pressure is about 14.68, so that means my boost peaks at 19.58 psi.

Other info was it was about 75 degrees out, the car is stock except for a Whoosh RMM and Ravenol trans fluid. I drove for a few minutes through all gears, so I cannot remember which gear that was specifically, but that was the highest recorded value.

What do you guys think? Does that seem normal that it is not getting to 21 psi?

For what it's worth, my boost will vary from day to day. I have found that when the outside temp is around 50 my peak boost will hover around 18-19 psi and when it's 85, I'll get 20-21 psi.

OP
E
Thread Starter #5
Is it Under warranty?
Yessir. But I already took it into my dealer and the very unknowledable tech simply said, “There is nothing in the service manual about the boost that should be being produced. All it specifies in how much boost should be made when highway cruising at 55 mph”. So I gave up on trying to explain anything to him.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Time for a new dealer.....They are not all created equal.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk