Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280 Turbo Kit Dyno, Virtual Dyno, and Datalog Thread

I explained in the other thread that yeah you could do a full di upgrade (hpfp, lpfp, di injectors) but their isn't a hpfp available just yet. A girl on Facebook is testing one out for Xtream di but it's not available for the general public. Going the di route will cost alot more then going with aux fuel route and you don't get the added benifit of your valves getting washed down.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Ok, i understand, thanks, i have to see if i buy aux fuel system in UK but i just prefer the safety and simplicity of only DI , no controller, no pumps, etc... I could ask Spool Performance to have a look to see if they can provide a upgraded Hpfp? They are the ones who created the Helix Overdrive Hpfp for the N54/N55 and also upgraded Hpfp for the B58 but like you said it's not cheap 😒 Back then i paid around 850$ for the Overdrive but a normal upgrade full pump is about 1.2/1.3k. I never went PI with the N54 because i had this solution and every 40.000km i would take the manifold off and do a walnut blast so i see your point. With 98 Ron maximum i did was 500bhp, Overdrive Hpfp + Lpfp 540, but then adding Etanol you could go as high as 650 which is a massive difference... I was with 620 E40 at 25psi, i have a supplier that delivers me 100% ethanol drums, i used to fill up 10L with E100 and 20L of 98ron (E10). This is a smaller engine so the way i understood is that you fill up with E40 let's say and put either single or 4 port aux fuel and then the controller sprays a little bit on the throttle body/manifold and you tune for E40 DI + Aux fuel? Correct me if i'm wrong please... If i'm diverting from the topic i'll take it to other thread 👍

@wetwea33
@JDG

Are you guys filling gas cans when you go and get fuel? I’m like 20 minutes away from the Forty Foot Road Wawa, I can’t imagine a 45 minute trip every time I needed gas.

I’m sure Wawa will add E85 to one of the KOP locations soon...

Also - I ordered the S280 kit recently, I will post vdyno results when possible.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #164
@wetwea33
@JDG

Are you guys filling gas cans when you go and get fuel? I’m like 20 minutes away from the Forty Foot Road Wawa, I can’t imagine a 45 minute trip every time I needed gas.

I’m sure Wawa will add E85 to one of the KOP locations soon...

Also - I ordered the S280 kit recently, I will post vdyno results when possible.
I keep a rotopax 3.5 gallon in the car that I fill with E85 when I get gas. It fits below the rear cover where the spare tire goes. Now is the best time to take a 45 minute drive to get gas lol (nothing better to do). But that station on Forty Foot is on my commute. I get between 15-20MPG on full E85. That station is testing right at 75-78% right now.

Edit: It's also $1.89 /gallon last time I filled up which is pretty awesome. So sub $20 for 10 gallons is pretty surreal versus $30 for pump gas ~6 months ago.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #165
1st of all congratulations on the excellent results, the extent of power range available is amazing 💪💪💪 Going for the CP5 kit very soon from Uk and looking for some more enlightenment... Previously i had a 335i N54 with upgraded Hpfp (Helix Overdrive) + Stage 3 Lpfp (double walbro 450) doing 630bhp DI only and now with the Fist going with the S280 kit which should give me around 340/350bhp so i still don't understand very well the aux fuel... Isn't it possible to just upgrade the Hpfp + Lpfp and with the uprated injectors that come with the kit just run E30 or E40 in the tank and tune for it? The aux fuel either single port or 4 port still uses the OEM system with a controller but i don't understand very well because you still use OEM pumps... I have easy access to Ethanol here in Portugal so just wondering how it works, I can see you upgraded your Lpfp :) Amazing results, can't wait to get my kit!
Do some searching on this forum. Do you have access to E85? If so, you have two options to maximize the turbo:

1. Add 4-port or single port auxiliary fuel with the split second controller (comes with the kit) and run an E40 or E50 blend (E85 mixed with pump gas in your fuel tank). You will NOT need to upgrade the HFPF or LPFP.

2. Add 4-port or single port aux fuel AND upgrade the LPFP to an ethanol safe fuel pump (like the DW300) and run full E85 (no mixing, what I am doing). Power will be similar if not identical to running an E40 blend but there is convenience in not mixing fuels.

The benefit to adding auxiliary fuel ONLY rather than upgrading HPFP and the DI injector is you get fuel washing your intake valves which will remove/prevent carbon buildup on the intake valves (a common problem on Direct Injected cars).

Many OEM's are changing their engine designs to do exactly this, have both DI and port injection to prevent carbon buildup.

Do some searching on this forum. Do you have access to E85? If so, you have two options to maximize the turbo:

1. Add 4-port or single port auxiliary fuel with the split second controller (comes with the kit) and run an E40 or E50 blend (E85 mixed with pump gas in your fuel tank). You will NOT need to upgrade the HFPF or LPFP.

2. Add 4-port or single port aux fuel AND upgrade the LPFP to an ethanol safe fuel pump (like the DW300) and run full E85 (no mixing, what I am doing). Power will be similar if not identical to running an E40 blend but there is convenience in not mixing fuels.

The benefit to adding auxiliary fuel ONLY rather than upgrading HPFP and the DI injector is you get fuel washing your intake valves which will remove/prevent carbon buildup on the intake valves (a common problem on Direct Injected cars).

Many OEM's are changing their engine designs to do exactly this, have both DI and port injection to prevent carbon buildup.
Thanks, @wetwea33 already gave me also advice on my thread: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/cooper-s-r53-w11-300hp-335i-e92-n54-620hp-fiesta-st-3xx.23921/page-2#post-405359

In Portugal i can't get a fuel pump with E85 i just have a guy that i buy 100% Ethanol 10L Jerricans in bulk like last time i bought 200L when i had my 335i then just put 10L and 20L of 98ron to make E40 blend 👍

Probably in the end i'm going to have a tune for 98rom and another for E40 aux fuel...

I also have to see if i can buy a Etanol sensor because it's going to be my daily so i might change every so often, specially if i'm going to travel, i won't carry 10L jerricans with me...

Looks like solution number 1 is the correct one for me :)

And yes, even the new M2 Competition recognise if you have Etanol in the OEM system and self adjusts 🙂

I think it goes until E25 or so...

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #172
From what I have seen on this thread is 335 whp the maximum power this turbo can achieve?
None of us have finished tuning. We are just sharing our progress. The upper threshold will likely be closer to 350-360 but again, just speculation at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wetwea33

None of us have finished tuning. We are just sharing our progress. The upper threshold will likely be closer to 350-360 but again, just speculation at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you end up tuning to with your 2860 before you pulled it?

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #175
Where did you end up tuning to with your 2860 before you pulled it?

310WHP on 93 octane, 330WHP on E50 (but this was just one revision on ethanol). I got sick of it before I finished (lag, downpipe adapter coming loose, etc).

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I sent my first datalog for 93+methanol injection last night. I will post results after the first revision, though I'm not expecting too much since I'm running 50/50 for now. I may run 80/20 (meth/water) mix in the future but we shall see.