Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Installed the S280 a few weeks ago and we're not able to push it past 15-16 PSI (Tune+). Got ~18 in second once. Solenoid is routed correctly and everything seems tightened down. Just checked the preload on the wastegate. Any other thoughts on what it may be? Diverter valve (using GFB DV+), loose hose I missed.. I also broke the solenoid on install and ordered a new one - hoping there's not something wrong with that.
Have you checked for a boost leak? Sounds like you probably have one somewhere. Can't say about the GFB as I don't know anything about them.

Installed the S280 a few weeks ago and we're not able to push it past 15-16 PSI (Tune+). Got ~18 in second once. Solenoid is routed correctly and everything seems tightened down. Just checked the preload on the wastegate. Any other thoughts on what it may be? Diverter valve (using GFB DV+), loose hose I missed.. I also broke the solenoid on install and ordered a new one - hoping there's not something wrong with that.
Only so many things it could be, if preload is correct and everything else is in order. I’d question the new solenoid. Is tune+ himself seeing the issue not being able to achieve more than 15?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Adam didn't bother to help you figure it out? Thought he was A Demi God with this type of stuff!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Only so many things it could be, if preload is correct and everything else is in order. I’d question the new solenoid. Is tune+ himself seeing the issue not being able to achieve more than 15?
Yeah, Adam wasn't able to get anything else out of it. Maybe I'll grab another solenoid.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Boost leak or exhaust leak pre-turbo are about the only options if he’s upping the WGDC and not getting more boost. How much boost did you get on your base map?
Well if is tuned by Adam and he is running the Turbosmart 14 psi wastegate actuator then he should be able to hit 14lbs-20 Lbs on the base tune. Depending on how much adjusted the actuator rod.
This is exactly what he told me on mine and it’s what I experienced.
of course after that you do pulls and send him the Data logs .
I get the feeling the OP is missing something and usually a tuner can see issues in the data logs.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Well if is tuned by Adam and he is running the Turbosmart 14 psi wastegate actuator then he should be able to hit 14lbs-20 Lbs on the base tune. Depending on how much adjusted the actuator rod.
This is exactly what he told me on mine and it’s what I experienced.
of course after that you do pulls and send him the Data logs .
I get the feeling the OP is missing something and usually a tuner can see issues in the data logs.
For sure. I think Adam is adding WGDC and getting no response. Assuming he wouldn’t add WGDC without seeing correct boost on base map, that means probably boost leak.

Yikes, when did the S280 jump in price?
lol, it's +$500 from last year.
Are you sure you did not switch to the canadian priced version of Whoosh website without knowing it? Because it's still 1750 USD which gives a 2252 CAD price on the canadian site. Ron told me that he did not increase the price from 2021 despite the cost from TT and shipping did.
There's nothing to tell which one is which. Best thing you can do is open the site on a browser you never use (hello edge!) or in incognito mode. The first time you enter the site, you will get a pop up asking you if you want to shop now in CAD or go to the USD site. It won't pop on subsequent visits.
1647514141220.png

Last edited:

AzNightmare

Are you sure you did not switch to the canadian priced version of Whoosh website without knowing it? Because it's still 1750 USD which gives a 2252 CAD price on the canadian site. Ron told me that he did not increase the price from 2021 despite the cost from TT and shipping did.
There's nothing to tell which one is which. Best thing you can do is open the site on a browser you never use (hello edge!) or in incognito mode. The first time you enter the site, you will get a pop up asking you if you want to shop now in CAD or go to the USD site. It won't pop on subsequent visits.
You're right. LOL....wth, I've been using this site for so long and have never even realized there is a shop in CAD feature.