Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you miss the TQ shove it comes back with an E30 Tune on stock fuel system. I pulled 284ft lbs of TQ and 284 HP on Vydno. I saw 298ft lbs of TQ and 298HP on my AP on the E30 and after pulls datalogged saw 290-300 whp and 340ft lbs TQ on Vydno.

The s280 does not really spool at that much slower than the stock Turbo and in fact in the lower rpm band to about 3k really almost matches the stock TQ wise . If I recall after reading other dyno logs it was done 50FT lbs at like 2500 rpm compared to the stock turbo . Though once it climbed over 2500 rpm it matched the stock turbo till around 3000 rpm and then it starts to go and the crazy part is it just goes to redline . It just has pull all the way up.

In fact if you look at my vydno charts I posted you will see that broad arc up and across that the turbo is known for .

Anyways ya an E30 tune will give you back the donkey kick you miss if you really want it. Though I get it if E30 is a hassle to do and you area is getting 93 then go that way and you will get more of the donkey on 93 as well IMO.
Still haven't seen a video up on YouTube to provide the craziness you see first hand. Would love to see it and I'm sure others would also.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AzNightmare

I am going to make a wild guess that Adam (Tune+) is NOT your tuner. LOL

Nope... At first I didn't understand what you were implying. Lol. Then I finally noticed Shell was in bold. I did some research and found the thread.

The thing is, I've been tuning on Chevron 94 since day one, and it is specifically known to have 0% content. So I'm not sure why tuning without eth is an issue. A tuner should be able to adjust the tune for the fuel quality. Also Shell 93 (here) has been tested to have ethanol now and it's better than chev 94. A lot of enthusiasts locally have been doing tests for the community. But anyhow, this is the fuel that applies for my location.

I find what you really get can vary greatly from area to area.

One of my biggest concern is a tuner not familiar with the fuel I have access to. Chev 94 is apparently weak like cali 91, lol. That's straight from my tuner who's local so at least I can trust he's familiar with what I have access to to keep my car running safe.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Still haven't seen a video up on YouTube to provide the craziness you see first hand. Would love to see it and I'm sure others would also.

I do not post stuff like that on Youtube sorry me going to Mexico will not be televised.
I posted vdyno’s of those numbers here, If you can’t find them it pretty much means you are not reading threads beyond brushing over them.

Maybe a little more time reading and less time trolling with gifs would reap you some benefits:ROFLMAO:

My buddy just sold his big turbo gti. It was tuned by one our tuners and be was telling me one of his frustrations was we live at 7k elevation and it gets in the 90s in summers and teens in the winter. The tuner basically told him he would need a hot weather high altitude tune, cold weather high altitude tune, hot weather low altitude tune and cold weather altitudes tune for things to run smoothly.

I know were trying to get the most out our cars with these aftermarket turbo's but is it really not possible to go as crazy and not have to worry about driving to a different city with different weather/altitude?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
My buddy just sold his big turbo gti. It was tuned by one our tuners and be was telling me one of his frustrations was we live at 7k elevation and it gets in the 90s in summers and teens in the winter. The tuner basically told him he would need a hot weather high altitude tune, cold weather high altitude tune, hot weather low altitude tune and cold weather altitudes tune for things to run smoothly.

I know were trying to get the most out our cars with these aftermarket turbo's but is it really not possible to go as crazy and not have to worry about driving to a different city with different weather/altitude?

Absolutely. You could request a safe DD tune for 91 octane. Some people then get a “kill” tune for higher octane fuels or push the limits of their hardware when they want to have fun. Upgrading a turbo doesn’t mean you have to push the car to the ragged edge. You could upgrade the turbo then run stock power levels on 87 if you wanted.

Anyone else have to grind down part of the wastegate actuator heat shield? I can't even slide the silicone coupler on the turbo inlet. Also I had to file the holes oval for the turbo smart actuator to slide in. Not a big deal, I'm just surprised I didn't see anyone else mention this from what I saw.

*edit*
Looks like the youtube guy Gapperformance mentions it basically hitting his silicone couple and he opened his clamp and put it on the other side of where it hit his shield. I filed mine down so I had some clearance. Took roughly a quarter inch off.

Attachments

Last edited:
Anyone else have to grind down part of the wastegate actuator heat shield? I can't even slide the silicone coupler on the turbo inlet. Also I had to file the holes oval for the turbo smart actuator to slide in. Not a big deal, I'm just surprised I didn't see anyone else mention this from what I saw.

*edit*
Looks like the youtube guy Gapperformance mentions it basically hitting his silicone couple and he opened his clamp and put it on the other side of where it hit his shield. I filed mine down so I had some clearance. Took roughly a quarter inch off.
i did the same. grinded it.

*edit*
I just left mine off

PhoenixM3

Sounds like crap to me. I‘m at 7400’ and have run a single 91 octane Dizzy tune since my S280 was installed (about 25 Kmiles ago). Could it run better with dedicated tunes? Maybe.

Sounds like crap to me. I‘m at 7400’ and have run a single 91 octane Dizzy tune since my S280 was installed (about 25 Kmiles ago). Could it run better with dedicated tunes? Maybe.
He was running his car to the absolute limits so that probably had something to do wi th it

AzNightmare

If you're tuned for 93 but you end up in a location that only has 91, would you still be ok pussyfooting around or would that ruin the S280 and/or the motor?

dhminer

2000 Post Club

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I might just bring some octane booster with me. No issues if I use too much and have too high of a fuel grade, right?

So -1 is perfect. But how much above -1 before I should be worried? Obviously 1 means no good at all.

lol, my tuner might charge me extra for a secondary (low boost) tune. But I'll see. It's cause my local city just brought in 93, but if I go cruising out of town, they might not have 93 available. And if I'm out there cruising, I rather be full sending it.
Ohh....Its a real treat when I drive my FiST out of the cities on any Trek. First thought is....Where can I get gas along the way if needed! Even finding 93 is problematic out in the sticks! Story of my life! Dam po Dunk Towns!

I did some more research and now hearing octane boosters can ruin your spark plugs, o2 sensors, and/or cat?
I wouldnt run octane boosters, but thats my opinion. I dont trust them. Tune for the gas you use daily and find locally, and when in a pinch use the lesser octane gas(91/89) if need be. And use the boost on the fly setting via cruise control to limit your boost to whatever the wg is set at, most likely 13/14 psi. But if youve got shoddy gas in it, best bet not to be flooring it anyhow, for any reason. 89/91 gas will not ruin a thing if your just getting up to speed, not putting the engine under any load and keeping out of boost.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
yea. If you use it on every tank of fuel lol.
I would not put my faith in any Octane Booster on a turbocharged engine it’s kinda asking for trouble. Mixed fuels aka e85 and pump gas is a totally different animal than tossing a can that might be Napthalene in the tank. If you are stuck in area or think you will be traveling to an area with lower octane fuel the simple fix is to just get a tune for that from your tuner. I love the fact that my tuner sold unlimited packages as I get any kind of tune I need whenever I need it just have to email him.

Installed the S280 a few weeks ago and we're not able to push it past 15-16 PSI (Tune+). Got ~18 in second once. Solenoid is routed correctly and everything seems tightened down. Just checked the preload on the wastegate. Any other thoughts on what it may be? Diverter valve (using GFB DV+), loose hose I missed.. I also broke the solenoid on install and ordered a new one - hoping there's not something wrong with that.