Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Everything I've read says the car shouldn't be running out of fuel on 91/93 until 320 (Stratified) and 315-325 (Whoosh) To see 'only' 270 is a bit disappointing, is it not?

I don't have this setup, but am aiming to in the Spring. 270 would be a bit lower than I would like, honestly. Hoping to not have to go single port, but will to achieve the 'safe' 300 on 93 goal that I would like.
This isn't a hybrid turbo, and it moves way more air than one of them, so it requires more fuel. I honestly haven't seen a whoosh hybrid other than one make 300whp, and even the VT330R runs out of fuel around 280whp without e30 / aux. The stock fuel system can support ~300ish but it depends on the turbo.

You will need aux to reach 300whp with this turbo, you can't run e30 without aux because you will trade off the extra timing for less boost since e30 requires more fuel than 93.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Another thing for you guys to consider is that I am doing my logs in almost 90* weather, in humid South Florida. If it was 50-60* here it would probably higher.

Erick_V

Everything I've read says the car shouldn't be running out of fuel on 91/93 until 320 (Stratified) and 315-325 (Whoosh) To see 'only' 270 is a bit disappointing, is it not?

I don't have this setup, but am aiming to in the Spring. 270 would be a bit lower than I would like, honestly. Hoping to not have to go single port, but will to achieve the 'safe' 300 on 93 goal that I would like.
Taken from the whoosh turbo thread:

314/351 standard
304/340 SAE
flowing 32.5lbs/min right at 27psi
tune is not 100% complete but certainly good enough for the first showing
fuel used is 91 octane with a few gallons of 100 unleaded added - JST Tuned
Wesley does not use E85 so this was his choice

There will be various 93, e30 graphs coming from other customers soon enough

I have a pic of the SAE (which looks the same but says 304/340 also if you'd like that posted as well

The biggest difference between the two turbos is the max output of both. The s280 will have more headroom with aux fueling where the whoosh turbo is tapped out around 300-310 even with ethanol. Wesley also pushed the turbo harder than most will feel comfortable doing. Whoosh hybrid is a great turbo but its still a small frame turbo, this is a medium frame turbo. Ron even says the hybrid will max around 280-290 depending on your mods. I can see someone making close to 350whp with aux fueling on the s280.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wesleys car is the only one I’ve seen make those numbers.

But there is so much more to this than just peak numbers, and there is also what the individual wants from the turbo. I wasn’t seeking high horsepower, but I also don’t like the hybrid turbo powerband. I don’t want to be kicked in the chest every time I drive the car and I don’t want to power out of a turn with my wheels spinning the tires off.

It’s personal preference, I like the way my car drives now. I can imagine it will only be better with aux, and I don’t have an issue buying aux to make more power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erick_V

Wesleys car is the only one I’ve seen make those numbers.

But there is so much more to this than just peak numbers, and there is also what the individual wants from the turbo. I wasn’t seeking high horsepower, but I also don’t like the hybrid turbo powerband. I don’t want to be kicked in the chest every time I drive the car and I don’t want to power out of a turn with my wheels spinning the tires off.

It’s personal preference, I like the way my car drives now. I can imagine it will only be better with aux, and I don’t have an issue buying aux to make more power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more. Another thing to note is this turbo isn't working as hard to max the fuel system. The fact that I could run 93 and make 260-270whp is awesome. Makes fuel stops much easier. I have access to E85 but I can't see myself needing it, can only imagine how your car feels right now.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Couldn't agree more. Another thing to note is this turbo isn't working as hard to max the fuel system. The fact that I could run 93 and make 260-270whp is awesome. Makes fuel stops much easier. I have access to E85 but I can't see myself needing it, can only imagine how your car feels right now.
Exactly, this is the biggest take away imo. You'll get lower HP numbers, but with less risk. Its not operating on the edge of what it can do, it can do more just needs more fuel.

Se7eN

No i just pushed the gas and clutch in and primed it for 30 seconds letting out of the clutch a couple of times. You will be fine they are steel mine was in perfect condition when I removed it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
this is the best way

Se7eN

That's funny, my gtx3076 MS3 and 2 other locals MS3's that also had a 3076 and a 2876 all got stuck at 280whp on 93. Freektune blamed it on the gas, though other claimed he was copy pasting tunes. That was incredibly underwhelming, after dropping over $1500 on turbos, BUT E30 got us all between 330-400whp depending on motor health.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Same thing happens here where I live. GTX2860, GT2554/2560, MRX, Whoosh Hybrid, locally made Hybrids, Revo S242 all hit a wall at around 265-275whp due to quality of gas mostly, pushing it past that would result in a bunch of knock and such. But then in my case I used E40 and got about 40whp+/-. Guys running meth have gotten to 290-300whp.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'll get some logs in CA, dry, cool environment on both 91 and aux fuel..it will be a bit but I'm almost there. Turbo is in, firing it up tonight
dope almost want to drive down there to check it out. Already checked out BryanRaymos‘s Whoosh hybrid now I want to see how the S280 is. Its between these two for my car though I am leaning more towards the S280.

You're welcome to come scope it out but it will be a while to tune it. After all that its fired up and running...the fucking whoosh dp and my mrbp catback wont line up. Maybe I'm just tired, the bracket for the dp and stock location are lined up perfect but the resonator prevents the catback from nudging upward

Erick_V

You're welcome to come scope it out but it will be a while to tune it. After all that its fired up and running...the fucking whoosh dp and my mrbp catback wont line up. Maybe I'm just tired, the bracket for the dp and stock location are lined up perfect but the resonator prevents the catback from nudging upward
I have the same exhaust setup. I ended up bashing the heat shields up a little and bent the hangars a tad to move the exhaust forward. It seems like the exhaust is 1" shorter than it needs to be. With the stock dp there was still a little tension

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's not needed, alot of downpipes like the one I run don't have a bracket.

I don't run mine on my CP-e. It isn't necessary, especially once you have a rear mount and even more redundant when you have all of the engine mounts.

wetwea33

I don't run mine on my CP-e. It isn't necessary, especially once you have a rear mount and even more redundant when you have all of the engine mounts.
It's not as much for rigidity as it is for supporting the weight of it. Being catless it's pretty useless.

Yeah I would of bought cat'd but i literally ran out of money lol. I will be cat'd when i recover.