Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sounds pretty different from a stock turbo or hybrid. Sounds more like a turbine then the stock turbo/hybrid whistle.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sounds like a regular big turbo, a sound more closely related to a 2860 not a hybrid kettle.

Se7eN

Sounds like a regular big turbo, a sound more closely related to a 2860 not a hybrid kettle.
Atleast the smaller S242 sounds really different to a big turbo and to a hybrid. It's pretty unique sounding. Normal hybrids are high pitched and metallic sounding and it sounds nothing like it as you said.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Atleast the smaller S242 sounds really different to a big turbo and to a hybrid. It's pretty unique sounding. Normal hybrids are high pitched and metallic sounding and it sounds nothing like it as you said.
I googled S242's but UK stores kept popping up. Does anybody sell these to the US?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is anybody actively tuning with aux fuel on this turbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah aux and 93 currently. Will be going to e40 in the spring.

Sorry if this is already somewhere in this thread, did you post up logs of where you are at with aux and 93 currently? Would love to see.

wetwea33

Sorry if this is already somewhere in this thread, did you post up logs of where you are at with aux and 93 currently? Would love to see.
I'll post a log once the tune is finished up. Weather has been slowing the process down.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
V2
v2 VDYNO.jpg

Slightly slower spool noticed due to 60F charge temps versus 30F on previous revision.

Last edited:

felopr

Sounds pretty different from a stock turbo or hybrid. Sounds more like a turbine then the stock turbo/hybrid whistle.

Just trying to diagnose a sound i keep hearing, dont know if it is normal or not. Is not like the turbine sound spooling up, more like a screeching / screaming sound when is at full boost. I recheck everything and everything is thighly secured. The only thing that makes sense is that is the sound it makes when air passes thru the wastegate door

wetwea33

Just trying to diagnose a sound i keep hearing, dont know if it is normal or not. Is not like the turbine sound spooling up, more like a screeching / screaming sound when is at full boost. I recheck everything and everything is thighly secured. The only thing that makes sense is that is the sound it makes when air passes thru the wastegate door
Do you have a 2j intake? I've heard that make a similar noise on other big turbos. Ask ur tuner to look over a log to see if it's a problem.

felopr

Do you have a 2j intake? I've heard that make a similar noise on other big turbos. Ask ur tuner to look over a log to see if it's a problem.

Ramair crossover with st 200 airbox
car is getting to boost target and stays there, so it is not like is having a leak, is just that sound. I will post later

wetwea33

car is getting to boost target and stays there, so it is not like is having a leak, is just that sound. I will post later
Gotcha it may just be the air rushing through the intake system too [emoji2369].

Se7eN

normal hybrids will make a metallic sound while spooling which is the norm. I doubt it's the same for this turbo as other have said.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes

Maybe for the sake of making @felopr understand if it's normal or not. One of you guys can take a sound clip of your car spooling. See if it's any different.
If he really cared enough, he would invest the time to take a video for us and post it up here rather than trying to describe a noise over the internet in less than 10 words..