Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

Does anyone use an HKS ssqv4 or TiAL cp-e cold pipe setup with the s280 kit? I'm installing mine soon and I'm wondering
where to connect the boost controller vent tube on the top of the boost controller. I'm replacing all the silicone hoses
that came with the s280 kit with regular 4ply 90's to delete the factory blow off valve/recirculating paths. Thing is, the
Top vent tube to the boost controller plugs into that barbed brass tube on the re-circulation adapter that the stock BOV bolts onto.
Maybe run a hose pointed down and VTA?

Does anyone use an HKS ssqv4 or TiAL cp-e cold pipe setup with the s280 kit? I'm installing mine soon and I'm wondering
where to connect the boost controller vent tube on the top of the boost controller. I'm replacing all the silicone hoses
that came with the s280 kit with regular 4ply 90's to delete the factory blow off valve/recirculating paths. Thing is, the
Top vent tube to the boost controller plugs into that barbed brass tube on the re-circulation adapter that the stock BOV bolts onto.
Maybe run a hose pointed down and VTA?
I use the HKS one. Block off plate on the bpv adapter thing, the bov is on a flange where the symposer was.

I still have the boost solenoid connected to the bpv adapter. May I ask, why are you going through the trouble of deleting that? Block-off plates are less than $40.

Question for the gang - has anybody finished tuning for 93/E30 and NOT needed to upgrade their WGA?

I’m officially part of the “boost control issues past 25psi“ club.

I use the HKS one. Block off plate on the bpv adapter thing, the bov is on a flange where the symposer was.

I still have the boost solenoid connected to the bpv adapter. May I ask, why are you going through the trouble of deleting that? Block-off plates are less than $40.
It's not about money. I go my own way on some things. Thanks for trying to help anyway! I appreciate it the input!

Question for the gang - has anybody finished tuning for 93/E30 and NOT needed to upgrade their WGA?

I’m officially part of the “boost control issues past 25psi“ club.
Adam at tune+ did all his stock fuel system dyno's with that s280 wastegate actuator. I think he just added preload to it.

PhoenixM3

Ok, the initial tune was limited to 5psI and 6500rpm - there was no tweaking to do on my part. I’m on Rev 1b and Jason raised the boost to 15psi and I have sent datalogs back him for analysis.

I don’t miss the donkey kick, but will say that the S280 feels a bit softer until you boot it and it revs and produces boost quickly. At 15psi, I’m confident my car is as fast as it was prior to the turbo swap and running 25psi.

The next tune will raise boost and RPM and may or may not be the final revision. Stay tuned - pun intended.

wetwea33

So traction will now be an issue. At 15PSI, I chirped the tires shifting into 3rd. I imagine 2nd gear the tires will be “roastable” at will.
34 psi I spin r888rs at the top of 3rd gear. Traction is definetly an issue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So traction will now be an issue. At 15PSI, I chirped the tires shifting into 3rd. I imagine 2nd gear the tires will be “roastable” at will.
Depends on your tune. I usually blow the tires off in 1st, halfway through 2nd, start to catch at the top of 2nd and barely squeak into 3rd.

Fusion Works

Can ya'll running mostly tuned S280s go in and monitor the Exhaust manifold Pressure reading the AP. Wondering what your BP numbers say. I was looking at mine the other day with the stock turbo and its showing 14-19psi depending on what the turbo was doing. Also see what your compressor outlet temp says at WOT.