Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ultimate guide for those considering Euro projector headlights - all the basics in one thread!

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran

Attachments

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I also found these H1's for the high beams, no adapters needed according to them anyhow, but again very compact. I dont have them but probably going to grab a set. Just became available Jan 10th '23

https://www.amazon.com/AUXITO-2023-Upgraded-H1-Bulb/dp/B0BPP7DFC3/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2OQAJP8NPL1RV&keywords=h1+led+headlight+bulb&qid=1673692456&s=automotive&sprefix=H1+LED,automotive,94&sr=1-4

Edit* I now have both the H7 and H1 listed above. Car is still put away for the winter but will get the euros wired and installed this spring with these LED's and will update. Bullrun will probably have an opinion on them well before me though.

Last edited:

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
So the add a fuse method for hi/low DRL is more or less settled but I was thinking about those crimp connectors and then found a dual output add a fuse, was thinking I could remove the crimp connector and direct wire with heat shrink 16g to each headlight each DRL with its own fuse. Pics below.
Would I want to use 5A on each leg or 2.5A for each?

Attachments

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
For those with Euros, I grabbed a set of these H7 LEDs by Auxito. I haven't installed the headlights yet to try these but check out the form factor! Fitment would be just like a halogen H7.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0BJP2G9J2/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile
Did you get a chance to try them out? I'm thinking about going this route as well but the description says "All-in-One H7ll Fog Light Bulb" so I'm not sure if they can also be used as headlights.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Did you get a chance to try them out? I'm thinking about going this route as well but the description says "All-in-One H7ll Fog Light Bulb" so I'm not sure if they can also be used as headlights.
Not yet, I have the car garaged at a storage area till spring comes around.

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
I asked this in another euro conversion thread, but since this one seems to have more recent comments I’ll try here too. Anybody have issues fitting the LED H7 bulb into the housing? Like the actual bulb part isn’t fitting, I haven’t even gotten to checking the cooler/fan part to fit into the back of the housing because the bulb part is too big to fit into the hole that goes to the projector. Is this just a me problem or has anybody else experienced it?

Edit: I got impatient and just used a grinder to open up the hole and looks like it fits now. Fingers crossed I didn’t mess anything up.

Last edited:

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
Right-side Depo headlight from Cars245 came in today so I installed the blubs, and they are indeed as easy to install as regular blubs. I was able to put the rubber caps back on without any issues. This can be a game changer for LED upgrades if it works. Had to order the left-side from a random eBay merchant, will swap the headlight out once it arrives.
1675477746381.png
1675477762962.png
1675477804254.png
1675477826590.png
1675477843110.png
1675477863366.png

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
Those go in clean. Do the LED's end up orienting at 3 and 9 positions?
Didn't quite check but looks like the H1's may not work very well in the reflector housing as one of the diodes faces away from the reflector. I'm assuming H7's shouldn't have any issue in the projector-style housing regardless of the orientation. I actually never used high beams on the car as I don't drive it often, and very little amount of night time driving I do are on well-lit city highways and streets.

I'll test both beams one the left-side headlight comes in (it hasn't even shipped yet).

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
Thanks, ordered the left one. The left one I purchased from a random eBay merchant still haven't shipped and Cars245 is also much cheaper.
Your welcome. I was waiting so long for them to come back in stock that I forgot I was waiting for them. Figured I would spread the word. Hopefully we all receive undamaged products.

Has anyone purchased Euros without the motor? I’ve seen a few on eBay without the motor and was wondering how that would affect alignment. Might just do the DEPO method.

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
Your welcome. I was waiting so long for them to come back in stock that I forgot I was waiting for them. Figured I would spread the word. Hopefully we all receive undamaged products.
Looks like the left-side headlight's arriving in a couple of days, so I went ahead and installed the right-side today to compare with the stock. The headlight was packaged very with no signs of damage. It looks pretty level out of the box as well.

Headlight off, DRL on high
1675925391022.jpeg

Parking light on, DRL on low
1675925428476.jpeg

Low beam on
1675925461436.jpeg

High beam on
1675925476332.jpeg

Low beams on the garage door
1675925499835.jpeg

High beams on the garage door
1675925523178.jpeg

Has anyone purchased Euros without the motor? I’ve seen a few on eBay without the motor and was wondering how that would affect alignment. Might just do the DEPO method.
Right-side came with a manual adjuster, hopefully the left-side one will have it as well.
1675925535759.jpeg

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
The light looked jacked up because I didn't orient the H7 blub correctly (thanks to the folks in the FB group for pointing this out). Turning it 90 degrees fixed it.
1675960192182.png

Unlike the halogens, this bulb has cutouts so you can install it in three different positions. My guess is that this is to accommodate different headlight housings since it doesn't provide even 360 degrees of lumination.
1675960322832.png

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
The light looked jacked up because I didn't orient the H7 blub correctly (thanks to the folks in the FB group for pointing this out). Turning it 90 degrees fixed it.
View attachment 53888

Unlike the halogens, this bulb has cutouts so you can install it in three different positions. My guess is that this is to accommodate different headlight housings since it doesn't provide even 360 degrees of lumination.
View attachment 53890
This is good info. I recently went through this on my Honda where I couldn't get led faces to go 9 and 3. That orientation makes a big difference in beam pattern, especially with reflectors.

From your photos it looked like you added a fuse and ran it so DRL functions and dims. What path did you take to run the wire over to the passenger side? Haven't decided how I am going to do it yet.

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
This is good info. I recently went through this on my Honda where I couldn't get led faces to go 9 and 3. That orientation makes a big difference in beam pattern, especially with reflectors.

From your photos it looked like you added a fuse and ran it so DRL functions and dims. What path did you take to run the wire over to the passenger side? Haven't decided how I am going to do it yet.
With that in mind, looks like H1's will be unusable since it also need to be rotated but only fits one way. I ordered some Silverlight H1's so I'll compare once they are in.

If you did the symposer delete, using that tubing should be the easiest. Mine's already full of wires for other accessories so I used a hole to the right of the passenger side fuse box to run the wire, then have it split near the right-side headlight connector.
1675975136236.png
1675974950732.png

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran