Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ultimate guide for those considering Euro projector headlights - all the basics in one thread!

The left-side headlight came in today, so I promptly installed it. It was a quick install since I already ran the switched 12v wire to the left side and prepped the connector.
Posted the summary in my build thread: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/bulls-daily-driver-build.28005/post-490409
View attachment 53965
Looks great. Unfortunately my driver's side headlight I received was assembled incorrectly. One of the locating pins for the lense missed the mark for the housing causing it to not sit flush to the housing like like it should. Luckily cars245.com has been very responsive and is working with me on either a new replacement or refund.

Attachments

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
Looks great. Unfortunately my driver's side headlight I received was assembled incorrectly. One of the locating pins for the lense missed the mark for the housing causing it to not sit flush to the housing like like it should. Luckily cars245.com has been very responsive and is working with me on either a new replacement or refund.
Bummer, that's bad QC right there. Hope you can get a new replacement quickly.

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
How do you guys like the beam pattern? I hated it
I had a chance to drive before sun-up and after sun-down today but it was hard to tell as I drove mostly on a well-lit city highway. At least no one flashed me. I'll need to go to the outskirts one of these days to see how it looks on a unlit road.

How do you guys like the beam pattern? I hated it
I was firmly against any aftermarket parts that required wiring/fuse work but damn do those DRLs look amazing. But bad beam pattern would be a dealbreaker for me. I'm guessing the Depos can't have the beam adjusted?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I was firmly against any aftermarket parts that required wiring/fuse work but damn do those DRLs look amazing. But bad beam pattern would be a dealbreaker for me. I'm guessing the Depos can't have the beam adjusted?
You can adjust, I think it’s just the euro spec pattern that I don’t like.the DRLs are sexy though for sure.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ya I need to wire mine so my DRLs can run like that on my genuine Ford Euros.

I took some pictures tonight from an unlit portion of a parking lot, hope it helps.

View attachment 54009
View attachment 54010
With high beams
View attachment 54011
is it just me or are your low beam aimed so high up, the car in the other parking lot is flashing its high beams at you...?

lol, either way those depos with the bulbs you installed would make me feel a lot safer driving down country roads at night

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
is it just me or are your low beam aimed so high up, the car in the other parking lot is flashing its high beams at you...?

lol, either way those depos with the bulbs you installed would make me feel a lot safer driving down country roads at night
No that car was there for a while with its lights on. Haven't been flashed so far on the road.

yeah i know cameras (especially phone cameras) have a really hard time with direct light in dark conditions. really appreciate you documenting this depo/bulb install.

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
Someone posted this in the FB group and shows the difference between the DOT and Euro cutoffs.

1676752114888.png

My setup matches "ECE LDH", I imagine "ECE RHD" pattern in LDH traffic will blind the oncoming traffic.
1676752223711.jpeg

I got my Depo lights today and just now opened them. Without taking them out of the wrapping, one of them rattles to the point of sounding like something is loose. Has anyone else run into this? Is there something that I can fix? If I do have to return the rattling one, how do they handle returns/exchanges?

Thanks,

George

It could be the wires inside the headlight. I wouldn’t worry about that

I got my Depo lights today and just now opened them. Without taking them out of the wrapping, one of them rattles to the point of sounding like something is loose. Has anyone else run into this? Is there something that I can fix? If I do have to return the rattling one, how do they handle returns/exchanges?

Thanks,

George

Thanks,

George
Look for stuff like this

Attachments

Wohoo! No damage as shown in the pictures and the rattling was coming from the connector and wires. I’m getting bulbs on order and thinking about getting protective film applied. What does everyone think about the use of the film. Good or skip?

Thanks,

George

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Wohoo! No damage as shown in the pictures and the rattling was coming from the connector and wires. I’m getting bulbs on order and thinking about getting protective film applied. What does everyone think about the use of the film. Good or skip?

Thanks,

George
Im going to have mine done with a PPF. It will stop small scratches and keep UV damage down which should keep them nice and clear for longer than if you went without.

So finally got my lights installed! However, the passenger side strip keeps turning off randomly. Anyone have this issue? I moved the wire to the open spot. All connections look good.