Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ultimate guide for those considering Euro projector headlights - all the basics in one thread!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sounds like people should stay away from the DEPO headlamp assemblies then....May have to crack them open and replace the LED with a strip or just disable the LEDs like you said.

Sounds like people should stay away from the DEPO headlamp assemblies then....May have to crack them open and replace the LED with a strip or just disable the LEDs like you said.
Yeah my TYC lights lasted a year plus I believe. Granted they had their own issues too.

I emailed Constantine right after I posted here and he wanted a video after I told him that there was no place near me that could repair the lights (I have no idea if anyone can fix this - it seemed like someone else tried but had to install aftermarket leds in both lights). With new years it looks like they wont be back in the office till Thursday. The time difference is like 10 hours or so in Latvia so that also makes it a pain in the butt to communicate.

The only guarantee would be to get OEM ford lights or just try the Hellas. These projectors transform the cars light output w/o having to get HIDs retrofitted. I guess thats an option too now that I have the stock lights just collecting dust in my basement.

If anyone still has their broken LED controller boards and is willing to send them to me I can probably figure out a fix for it. Certainly wouldn't mind taking a look since it seems like it might be a common issue.

ROCKYFiestta

is the oem headlight assembly all chrome? or is it supposed to be black with chrome in the inside?
im not the og owner so I was wondering what headlamp assemblies I have on my car I searched for pictures of the oem and I am seeing different types.
fiestast.jpg

ROCKYFiestta

reason I am asking is because the passenger side has broken tabs and I just need the one. again I searched it and saw two different types already and of course all those crazy halo ones with wild colors. chrome lamp.jpg

ROCKYFiestta

see the pic above has all chrome color but the ones in have on the car are black with chrome inside. I was going to go to the dealer nearby and order the one but I wanted to make sure which one they will be ordering would I be getting the black with chrome or the all chrome in the pic above.

If anyone still has their broken LED controller boards and is willing to send them to me I can probably figure out a fix for it. Certainly wouldn't mind taking a look since it seems like it might be a common issue.
Ill let you know - I am waiting on Constantine to get back to me about my passenger side light. Hopefully I can get a new one sent to me and I can send you my broken one OR I reinstall the stockers and still send you my messed up one.

But someone posted in this thread or another one and had the same issue with their DEPO light.

Yeah I've seen in another thread about the black housing DEPO a few people have had the same issue. I honestly only need the circuit board shown in post #2 to diagnose. I assume the LEDs themselves are likely just fine. So if you split your lights and replace the strip thats all I would need. It shouldnt cost much to ship it compared to a whole light that way.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/depo-euro-style-headlight-woos.21147/

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #90
Welp my passenger side Depo LED burnt out today. I installed these in September.. I emailed Constantine to see what they'd do. He'll probably tell me to take them to someone to have them diagnosed. Like I have time for that.

I'm guessing there is no way to fix them huh? And Im probably out of luck from cars245.

Kind of just hope I can get a partial refund and ill just disable the other led .. or a new headlight but thats wishful thinking.
Has anybody used the black Depo ones? or have pictures? i hate the chromed out regular ones

There is a new video of a kid on YouTube who opens his by heating the edges with a heat gun and gets the main clear outer cover off and then has access to the DRL LED and then proceeded to paint the interior black himself.. he also added a halo while in there, but instead I'd replace the low beam projector with even a cheapie set off AliExpress for $35. They would be better quality and they actually have the regular flat DOT cutoff instead of the Euro cutoff, which can attract attention by the cops, I've heard of someone getting a ticket in Cali for Euro cutoffs! LOL But anyway, good to see they aren't perma-sealed like OEM so at least they can be worked on.
View: https://youtu.be/eXPiUB7gtGM

But absolutely no issues with my Depo's despite kinda rough handling on and off a number of times, LOL... your only other choice is TYC, which are lower quality or OEM which are a full double or more in price... Just saying that at least you have those 3 options, I found Depo overall is the best value, and those 2 replicas can be opened without any cutting... but if you can afford $800 for OEM's then absolutely go for it!

But Constantine does offer partial refunds too, I got a full $50 back for one of mine arriving with just half the end tab broken off, they still screw down perfectly with a wider washer... So, another positive about Cars245/Constantine and Depo's is that you do get decent customer service at least too.

Last edited:
Been following this thread for a while, and against better judgement, I bit the bullet to buy the black depo projectors off of cars245 ebay page as I couldn't find them on the website. I'll receive them in mid Feb. I'm hoping the DRL issue doesn't come to haunt me, but if it does then I'm glad to see some willing to investigate a potential fix. Also a good excuse to open them up and upgrade.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #92
Been following this thread for a while, and against better judgement, I bit the bullet to buy the black depo projectors off of cars245 ebay page as I couldn't find them on the website. I'll receive them in mid Feb. I'm hoping the DRL issue doesn't come to haunt me, but if it does then I'm glad to see some willing to investigate a potential fix. Also a good excuse to open them up and upgrade.

Previously I found them by taking the part # from the eBay listing and copy it into a search on Cars245 then the black ones come right up... they can't be found by browsing unfortunately... but I thought the link is right on in my first post too? $402 plus shipping, I bet they come out a good $100-110 cheaper by ordering from the site directly. So see if you can cancel, LOL.
https://cars245.com/en/item/depo-43111B5PXLDEM2-headlight/

1578713322751.png

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #93
Pricing updates... For Cars245.com

Here is the direct link to the Euro models for our car: https://cars245.com/en/catalog/order-price-asc/car-ford.7585.59076/702.lights-optics/714.headlights/

As of 1/10/2020 - price per side. As they are sold individually for insurance collision replacement, I list the price of each to help you find the left and right to buy each at the above link. Shipping is about $60-70 per PAIR on top of these prices.

TYC: $131.33
Depo: $139.92
Depo Black (page for them HERE) $402 set of both, so around $460 shipped, good deal, BUT are special order and take the same 6 weeks like the eBay listing, but $100+ cheaper here.
Hella (An actual OEM provider) (For Americas/Euro RHD): $254
Hella (page 2): $542... for UK/Aus/SA, etc LHD) yes each... I'm not sure why, maybe crazy demand or crazy UK safety, I dunno.

Any other listed at the link I don't list the price of above are simply off brand replicas of the crap reflector low beam/no LED DRL stock ones in the Americas. If you ever want to put your car back to stock cheap later and sell your Euro's separately, $93 each isn't too bad for some shitty TYC's that no one will know any better, LOL.

But around $575 shipped is a good deal on OEM quality Hellas, they have come down from over $300 each before so they should be more tempting now...

Here is the direct link to the Euro models for our car: https://cars245.com/en/catalog/order-price-asc/car-ford.7585.59076/702.lights-optics/714.headlights/

As of 1/10/2020 - price per side. As they are sold individually for insurance collision replacement, I list the price of each to help you find the left and right to buy each at the above link. Shipping is about $60-70 per PAIR on top of these prices.

Depo Black (page for them HERE) $402 set of both, so around $460 shipped, good deal, BUT are special order and take the same 6 weeks like the eBay listing, but $100+ cheaper here.
Hella (page 2): $542... for UK/Aus/SA, etc LHD) yes each... I'm not sure why, maybe crazy demand or crazy UK safety, I dunno.

Any other listed at the link I don't list the price of above are simply off brand replicas of the crap reflector low beam/no LED DRL stock ones in the Americas. If you ever want to put your car back to stock cheap later and sell your Euro's separately, $93 each isn't too bad for some shitty TYC's that no one will know any better, LOL.

But around $575 shipped is a good deal on OEM quality Hellas, they have come down from over $300 each before so they should be more tempting now...
Thanks for the links!

I didn't think of that trick of using the part number to find the lights on their site. Interesting that the eBay page has the black housing lights listed so much higher than on their own website. Almost makes me think maybe the seller isn't actually cars245.

I suppose the only thing making me apprehensive to cancel the order is having ebay and paypal's buyer protection. Is the $100 premium for protection worth it though..

Edit: now I see paypal as on option for payment on the cars245 site. How I did not notice that before. Doh! Also it seems too late to cancel as I ordered through ebay about one week ago. You take some you lose some I suppose.

Last edited:
OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #95
Thanks for the links!

I didn't think of that trick of using the part number to find the lights on their site. Interesting that the eBay page has the black housing lights listed so much higher than on their own website. Almost makes me think maybe the seller isn't actually cars245.

I suppose the only thing making me apprehensive to cancel the order is having ebay and paypal's buyer protection. Is the $100 premium for protection worth it though..

Edit: now I see paypal as on option for payment on the cars245 site. How I did not notice that before. Doh! Also it seems too late to cancel as I ordered through ebay about one week ago. You take some you lose some I suppose.

Oh man, sorry you didn't post RIGHT after you ordered! But yeah, you are basically paying the listing fees for finding it easier on eBay, but I also think that's where he makes a better margin at too, no need to price more competitive there, LOL... Anyway, if you need any further tips on bulbs for your projectors let me know!

I feel like a kid who already knows what he is getting for Christmas. I'm just waiting for the day they are in my hands lol
I may pass the time buy making the adaptor plug.

Hey Brother,so are these pnp or I need anything more to make these to work.Sorry noob question

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #98
I feel like a kid who already knows what he is getting for Christmas. I'm just waiting for the day they are in my hands lol
I may pass the time buy making the adaptor plug.
Hey Brother,so are these pnp or I need anything more to make these to work.Sorry noob question
They don't need any adapter plugs, you just move one existing wire from one place to another in the harness, and add another power line on each side with a single Add A Circuit on F27 that splits off to 2 wires. one goes into each side... I have this at the bottom of the front post, I can always re-write it a bit for more clarity, but it's really not bad at all!

Welp my passenger side Depo LED burnt out today. I installed these in September.. I emailed Constantine to see what they'd do. He'll probably tell me to take them to someone to have them diagnosed. Like I have time for that.

I'm guessing there is no way to fix them huh? And Im probably out of luck from cars245.

Kind of just hope I can get a partial refund and ill just disable the other led .. or a new headlight but thats wishful thinking.
My driver's side Depo LED daytime running light died approximately 5 minutes after installing them. I tried to split open the headlight a couple months ago in an attempt to swap out the LED with a diode dynamics LED strip and morimoto projectors, but ended up destroying the headlight entirely. If you have happened to purchased the black housing Depo headlight, and want to go in 50/50 with me on a new set, PM me. I tried ordering a replacement driver's side headlight only and they wouldn't sell it to me solo, just as a pair.

My driver's side Depo LED daytime running light died approximately 5 minutes after installing them. I tried to split open the headlight a couple months ago in an attempt to swap out the LED with a diode dynamics LED strip and morimoto projectors, but ended up destroying the headlight entirely. If you have happened to purchased the black housing Depo headlight, and want to go in 50/50 with me on a new set, PM me. I tried ordering a replacement driver's side headlight only and they wouldn't sell it to me solo, just as a pair.
Same story with my black depos. My retrofitter completely butchered the headlights with the retrofit plus led replacement and blamed the quality of the headlights. Goodluck.