Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Went for a "spirited" drive earlier today, about 92* ambient out. Coolant temps got up to about 227* after coming to a stoplight for a few minutes. Got home, pounded down a cold one, re-drilled my grill "holes" bigger and removed the shutter panels on the radiator shroud.

Probably not going to net any results but it will make me feel like I done something productive today haha!

Damn that's high isn't it? For having an intercooler.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Damn that's high isn't it? For having an intercooler.
I don't think the intercooler has much to do with the coolant temperature, this is a reflection of the stock radiator limitations. I think 227* is not that bad, but it is higher than I have seen it in recent memory, but the drive was very hmm "spirited".

Turbo BMW's normal operating temps are around 220-230* ish

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I don't think the intercooler has much to do with the coolant temperature, this is a reflection of the stock radiator limitations. I think 227* is not that bad, but it is higher than I have seen it in recent memory, but the drive was very hmm "spirited".

Turbo BMW's normal operating temps are around 220-230* ish
Oh okay my bad. Thought that was related to the intercoolers job. Anyway, it does look good either way!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Oh okay my bad. Thought that was related to the intercoolers job. Anyway, it does look good either way!
It does and its a "free" mod LOL if you can call it that. Some Focus ST guys have even taken a belt grinder to the backside of the grill to clear that all away, the plastic part.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Any cons of removing them? Do they protect anything?
That I will have to see, but the flaps open anyways with any airflow I think above like 30mph, I am just removing it permanently. I doubt there will be any negatives, maybe a few more carbons polluting the air on warm-up, oh wait I am catless LOL

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That I will have to see, but the flaps open anyways with any airflow I think above like 30mph, I am just removing it permanently. I doubt there will be any negatives, maybe a few more carbons polluting the air on warm-up, oh wait I am catless LOL
Haha. True. I'll definitely look into that during installation this weekend. Those and the grill slots are coming off.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Finally found some E85 and mixed it with 2 parts 93 octane. Gonna get a pro tune once my intercooler comes in. I know they say I shouldn't notice a difference running on a off the shelf stage 1 tune, but I'd swear there's an increase in power. Here in Florida it's constantly in the 90's and humid as a sauna. After using the e40 mix, the car definitely feels more alive and is not as lazy in the 95 degree weather. Just my .02

Did some quick interior cleaning. Found this sticker on the bottom of the hatch cover! Got a good kick out of it because my Grandma's name is also Judith.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439422138.165745.jpg