Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Some new mods

So last night/this morning I installed a few parts on my Fiesta with the help of my girlfriend's brother who is a mechanic at a Chevrolet dealership in New Jersey. I'm gonna list what I did below.

1. DepoRacing Intercooler and Reflash Tune to Cobb OTS Stage 2 - (1 hour)

IMG_5654.jpeg

2. Mountune Lowering Sport Springs - (2 hours)

IMG_5656.jpeg IMG_5657.jpeg IMG_5659.jpeg IMG_5660.jpeg IMG_5658.jpeg IMG_5662.jpeg

3. Oil Change - (15 Minutes)

4. Greased up my Cobb RMM with a lithium based grease to stop an awful creaking noise (it worked!) - (20 Minutes)

My next thing to do is get a Stratified tune!

Got an email from Aaron [wiggle]

Flashed the Stratified tune and WOW what difference!
Even coming from the COBB 93 Stage 1 OTS tune.

Edit

Just got this in the mail! Can't wait for registration to open!
So what is different between the two tunes?

I just installed my new Proclip phone mount. Very nice. Was supposed to get my Cobble AP today but FedEx changed delivery to tomorrow. So it will arrive while I'm getting tinting done and I won't be there to sign for it.

So then I should expect a knockout punch once I install mine, coming straight from the factory tune, with NO Cobb in between?!?
I went from the cobb stage 1 91 octane tune to a stratified on a basically completely stock car (performance air filter) and definitely rather enjoy it. I believe the cobb OTS stuff don't have cobb tunable traction control enabled at all also, and the stratified tunes can be ordered with it. My stratified tune definitely runs more boost, like 25-26psi peak.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I went from the cobb stage 1 91 octane tune to a stratified on a basically completely stock car (performance air filter) and definitely rather enjoy it. I believe the cobb OTS stuff don't have cobb tunable traction control enabled at all also, and the stratified tunes can be ordered with it. My stratified tune definitely runs more boost, like 25-26psi peak.
Yeah, I got my Strat Flash tune with the traction control on both of the maps, and the 'pops and crackles' on one of them.
I just want to wait until I get the cp-e IC installed before I flash in the Strat tune, even though it probably is not a necessity for this in the winter time (unless I just can't stand it anymore and load it anyway. ;) ).

What is this from? Is it auto-dimming? How hard was it to install, any wiring issues?
My mirror is plain Jane and coming from a vehicle with an auto dimming mirror, I miss it and would like another one. At least until I can get the windows tinted...

brbauer2

What is this from? Is it auto-dimming? How hard was it to install, any wiring issues?
My mirror is plain Jane and coming from a vehicle with an auto dimming mirror, I miss it and would like another one. At least until I can get the windows tinted...
Gentex 453 Homelink w/Auto-Dimming there's one from the same seller I bought from.

Here's the wiring to go with it.

Install was easy. I decided to wire the Homelink power to a switched source (Fuse 17) so the car needs to be on to open the garage. I'll get some pictures to show the wiring in the next day or so.

Just got car back from getting 35% tint. Looks great. I will post pics tomorrow since it is dark. Also received my Cobb AP from Mountune. Got the package with the air filter, Mountune RMM and the Cobb AP with Mountune tunes. Lots of fun for tomorrow.

One question. The tunes are set up for quick changes using cruise control buttons. If I leave that active do I lose the use of my cruise control?

Just got car back from getting 35% tint. Looks great. I will post pics tomorrow since it is dark. Also received my Cobb AP from Mountune. Got the package with the air filter, Mountune RMM and the Cobb AP with Mountune tunes. Lots of fun for tomorrow.

One question. The tunes are set up for quick changes using cruise control buttons. If I leave that active do I lose the use of my cruise control?
No you do not lose the function, it works with the latest update from Cobb. There use to be a glitch where you couldn't use the coast and resume buttons without changing the map. So updating your AP may be something you want to check in to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No you do not lose the function, it works with the latest update from Cobb. There use to be a glitch where you couldn't use the coast and resume buttons without changing the map. So updating your AP may be something you want to check in to.

Thanks for the quick response. I did a firmware check and it is the latest. So how do I use map changing vs cruise control?

Thanks for the quick response. I did a firmware check and it is the latest. So how do I use map changing vs cruise control?
When cruise control is on you shouldn't be able to change maps, with it off simply press the resume button then press up or down to change to the desired map.

Installed my new Mountune air filter and Cobb AP with Mounting tunes. Filter was easy to install. Initial impressions on the tune. 1. Power difference not very noticeable in 1st gear. Smooth power delivery. 2. Really comes alive in 2nd and beyond. Feels stronger. Power step around 2500 rpm. 3. Torque steer is nearly gone. That makes it worth the price of admission. So far I'm happy. Debating on installing RMM myself or having Ford do it with 1st oil change.

Installed my new Mountune air filter and Cobb AP with Mounting tunes. Filter was easy to install. Initial impressions on the tune. 1. Power difference not very noticeable in 1st gear. Smooth power delivery. 2. Really comes alive in 2nd and beyond. Feels stronger. Power step around 2500 rpm. 3. Torque steer is nearly gone. That makes it worth the price of admission. So far I'm happy. Debating on installing RMM myself or having Ford do it with 1st oil change.
It's stupid easy to install, save yourself some $$ and do it yourself.