Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Installed my new Mountune air filter and Cobb AP with Mounting tunes. Filter was easy to install. Initial impressions on the tune. 1. Power difference not very noticeable in 1st gear. Smooth power delivery. 2. Really comes alive in 2nd and beyond. Feels stronger. Power step around 2500 rpm. 3. Torque steer is nearly gone. That makes it worth the price of admission. So far I'm happy. Debating on installing RMM myself or having Ford do it with 1st oil change.
It's stupid easy to install, save yourself some $$ and do it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Only considered Ford install to preserve the warranty.
Maybe someone can chime in but I'm not sure the RMM is a warranty product through Mountune. I'd give it a look before going in if you do so just to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I decided to go ahead and install the RMM. Pretty easy to do. Having a Quickjack really helps. No additional vibration at idle that I noticed.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Did the 30,000 mile service yesterday. Front brake pads were low so I changed them with ceramics. Was surprised to find the front rotors pretty worn also considering it hasn't been machined at all yet. Perhaps the oem rotors are somewhat soft? I'm considering replacing them with a different brand...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did the 30,000 mile service yesterday. Front brake pads were low so I changed them with ceramics. Was surprised to find the front rotors pretty worn also considering it hasn't been machined at all yet. Perhaps the oem rotors are somewhat soft? I'm considering replacing them with a different brand...
Regardless of their Rockwell hardness number, or any treatments, I would expect our front rotors to wear quickly due to the stability control nanny using them so much more often than a car without that system (unless you turn it completely off every time you get in the car?).

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Regardless of their Rockwell hardness number, or any treatments, I would expect our front rotors to wear quickly due to the stability control nanny using them so much more often than a car without that system (unless you turn it completely off every time you get in the car?).
But shouldn't that wear the pads more than the rotors if the rotors are hard?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
But shouldn't that wear the pads more than the rotors if the rotors are hard?
Yes, but the ESC system will still wear the rotors as well, even if they are hard, unless the pads used are so soft a compound that they wear out within 10K miles.

That being said, I will try one of the various cryo treated, high carbon content, replacement rotors when the time comes for replacement (unless I have a fixed caliper, big brake upgrade by then). [wink]

Ordered a set of oem all weather floor mats from amazon. Gotta love amazon prime and 2 day shipping. Put em in yesterday and I really like em. Not quite as full-coverage as the weathertechs but not quite as expensive either. Probably gonna order some sort of dead pedal to protect the factory carpet from excessive wear in that area. DHM symposer delete should be here today.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Replaced my wide oval indy 500 205/40 to the new indy 500 205/45. Just put them in so they haven't been broken in yet but so far they are pretty awesome. Better roadside manners than the wide ovals...they ride smoother and are a little quieter. According to the reviews they should have great performance too but I haven't tested that yet. I'll save that for after they've been broken in. As I recall from my wide ovals, these tires have a thin coating when new that should be worn off (broken in) before you push them.

Not sure how much of the ride improvement is because of the increased sidewall but I must say, unless I encounter rubbing (which I don't expect to), I will not be going back to 205/40. Move over Michelin, these are now my go to tire for my oem wheels.

I still want to try the Federal SS 595 which are cheaper and the Indy 500 don't come in 15" sizes so I'll still try them out for my 15" wheels sometime in the future and see how they turn out.

finished installing the bilstein coilovers, installed the cobb rear motor mount (wait people complain about these vibrations? wow), and wired up the LED strip in the euro projector lights. The car finally feels like it's coming together :) :)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
finished installing the bilstein coilovers, installed the cobb rear motor mount (wait people complain about these vibrations? wow), and wired up the LED strip in the euro projector lights. The car finally feels like it's coming together :) :)

Are those like daylight running lights? If so, how visible are they? They don't seem to be that bright in the picture.

I had to pull the exposure waaaaaay down on the camera to photograph them. if I let it auto-expose, it just looks like the headlights are on. I think they might put out as much light as the fog lights lol. Quite visible in real life though.

this still has the exposure pulled down but a bit less (headlamps are off in the pic, this is just the parking lights)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I had to pull the exposure waaaaaay down on the camera to photograph them. if I let it auto-expose, it just looks like the headlights are on. I think they might put out as much light as the fog lights lol. Quite visible in real life though.

this still has the exposure pulled down but a bit less (headlamps are off in the pic, this is just the parking lights)

Nice.

Did my first oil change at 1,549 miles. Got luck in that the filter wasn't on too tight. Used Motorcraft filter and oil.

Took her out of storage for a trip to Chicago since my winter doesn't lock haha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk