Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Not today, but on Wednesday I finally got the cp-e resonated Nexus system installed. [:)]

I initially put the no longer available (but I bought one from haste on here) 'big can' single tip tail pipe section on the car, but I also have the twin tip tail pipe section that came with the system.
BOTH of them are glacier (satin) black Cerakoted.

IF I decide I do not like the single tip, I will chop it off the tail pipe, and have a 4" outlet turn down tip (probably the Ultimate racing one) welded in it's place, then also Cerakoted of course. [wink]

Not today, but on Wednesday I finally got the cp-e resonated Nexus system installed. [:)]

I initially put the no longer available (but I bought one from haste on here) 'big can' single tip tail pipe section on the car, but I also have the twin tip tail pipe section that came with the system.
BOTH of them are glacier (satin) black Cerakoted.

IF I decide I do not like the single tip, I will chop it off the tail pipe, and have a 4" outlet turn down tip (probably the Ultimate racing one) welded in it's place, then also Cerakoted of course. [wink]
How are you liking the sound? I've been loving it but it's definitely not a tame one.

Last night I deleted the sound symposer. Today went on a day trip and wow the symposer did more than I thought. The car sound downright quiet at some RPMs even with the CP-E. Guess that little underhood kazoo wasn't the worst thing. I'll leave it off though, still morally opposed to it. CP-E intake coming soon anyway

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
How are you liking the sound? I've been loving it but it's definitely not a tame one.

Last night I deleted the sound symposer. Today went on a day trip and wow the symposer did more than I thought. The car sound downright quiet at some RPMs even with the CP-E. Guess that little underhood kazoo wasn't the worst thing. I'll leave it off though, still morally opposed to it. CP-E intake coming soon anyway
I like it for the most part, but it seems that ALL of the 'tone' is coming from the extreme back of the system, I'm guessing from the branched pipe mounted Helmholtz device, since the sound seems to be localized right THERE where that is, or maybe what I am hearing is coming from the tip itself? [dunno]

You are correct though, with the front resonated system, this exhaust is actually not very 'intrusive' into the cabin (which is a good thing to help save whatever very little hearing I have left!), but just enough to let me know what the engine is doing (along with the cp-e RMM) without looking at the tach. [:)]
(I already did the 2.99 expansion plug symposer delete in anticipation of my boomba OCC installation, which needs the space occupied by that thing.)

I am SURE the tone outside the car, while driving by, both during acceleration and steady state, is GREAT!! [thumb]

joesiris

plate.jpg
decided to show some love to my hometown. I still get funny looks from the gamecock, Clemson, and panther fans here in south Carolina as I walk round in my jags gear.

(Yesterday) Installed Ford Racing recaros from a buddy's focus... took a lot of time and work but after swapping a LOT of parts I've learned a lot about seats and ended up with $2000-3000 recaros for $475! (Note: These still need a good cleaning and I still need to do passenger's side)

...And then I took my Fiesta ST with less than 100 miles on it to Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park!

I'm wanting to do the seat swap as well! That sounds a lot more involved than 4 bolts. Are they different than the fist Recaros?
I love that skyline drive in Shenandoah! One of my all time favorites!
The perfect setting for the FiSTs

Boomba

IMG_0119.JPG IMG_0120.JPG

Installed Boomba short shifter, Boomba transmission plate, Boomba shifter bushings and Boomba transmission bushings. Makes a huge difference shifting. A lot tighter and more mechanical.

I'm wanting to do the seat swap as well! That sounds a lot more involved than 4 bolts. Are they different than the fist Recaros?
I love that skyline drive in Shenandoah! One of my all time favorites!
The perfect setting for the FiSTs
Yeah it really is a great road. I took my previous car ('14 5.0 Mustang) there and didn't have nearly as much fun last year.

As far as the recaro swap goes you can find more details in this thread (link goes to my post in the thread, but the OP is useful too)
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/10000-Installing-Focus-ST3-full-leather-Recaros-in-Fiesta-ST?p=211027&viewfull=1#post211027

Yeah it really is a great road. I took my previous car ('14 5.0 Mustang) there and didn't have nearly as much fun last year.

As far as the recaro swap goes you can find more details in this thread (link goes to my post in the thread, but the OP is useful too)
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/10000-Installing-Focus-ST3-full-leather-Recaros-in-Fiesta-ST?p=211027&viewfull=1#post211027
Great write up. Thx!

brbauer2

Found the time to get into middle of nowhere and do a few 3rd gear pulls and data log for my Stratified log review.

Sent from my OnePlus 3

Installed RMM - http://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify...roducts/ford-fiesta-st-xflex-rear-motor-mount and an injen intake - http://www.modbargains.com/Injen-wrinkle-black-SP-Air-Intake-Ford-Fiesta-ST-SP9018WB.htm

Both were super simple to install! The RMM gives the car a much more solid feel. I honestly don't understand all the fret over a little vibration. Did you guys go from a Lincoln Town car to a FiST?? I guess after driving a 4WD F250 and my race car, I'm just used to it.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Well it depends what roads you drive on. I doubt you'd say that on the bumpy, pothole infested roads we have to deal with everyday.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well it depends what roads you drive on. I doubt you'd say that on the bumpy, pothole infested roads we have to deal with everyday.
Trust me on this, our frost heaved, un-repaired for YEARS on end, washboarded at EVERY intersection, ONLY route for HEAVY 18 wheelers roads ARE WORSE!!!!!!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=4438]M-Sport fan[/MENTION] - But I thought you changed your oem springs.

Installed RMM - http://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify...roducts/ford-fiesta-st-xflex-rear-motor-mount and an injen intake - http://www.modbargains.com/Injen-wrinkle-black-SP-Air-Intake-Ford-Fiesta-ST-SP9018WB.htm

Both were super simple to install! The RMM gives the car a much more solid feel. I honestly don't understand all the fret over a little vibration. Did you guys go from a Lincoln Town car to a FiST?? I guess after driving a 4WD F250 and my race car, I'm just used to it.
How would you describe the vibrations from the Cp-E RMM? I'm THIS close to buying one I just don't want the car to rattle itself into pieces

How would you describe the vibrations from the Cp-E RMM? I'm THIS close to buying one I just don't want the car to rattle itself into pieces
There's a small amount of vibration at idle and then up to...maybe 1,500 RPM. After that, nothing.

Not hearing that stupid thud and a firmer shift is very much worth it.

In all honesty though, my truck has a 7.3 PSD and the race car has solid motor mounts, a crazy cam, solid lifters and high compression, so I really am used to vibrations!