Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Yeah I think we just fundamentally disagree. This is not crazy torque steer I’m describing. My car makes 320/320 and the torque steer is plenty manageable with the stock mounts. I noticed it get incrementally worse as my mounts started to fail. The upgraded PSMM fixed most of this.

You may want to consider upgrading to an engineered solution instead of just the inserts. You may change your tune. Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder why we have such starkingly different experiences (or perhaps our scale is different wrt what constitutes “crazy” TS). I have probably around 230 hp with the go fast bolt-ons, and I have to be holding on pretty tight to the steering wheel if I do a, ahem, a spirited start (no 4K rpm clutch drops).

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wonder why we have such starkingly different experiences (or perhaps our scale is different wrt what constitutes “crazy” TS). I have probably around 230 hp with the go fast bolt-ons, and I have to be holding on pretty tight to the steering wheel if I do a, ahem, a spirited start (no 4K rpm clutch drops).
I drove my car quickly this morning, trying to pay extra attention to the initial hit. The steering wheel definitely jerks for a second but once I have traction there is minimal torque steer on a straight road. It is heightened in a corner a bit. I wonder if your LSD multiplies the torque steer because you have more traction, especially in corners? It's been awhile (~6 months) since I had my sticky tires on the car. Maybe less traction is helping a bit, although I do hook up pretty well in 3rd and very well in 4th...

Anyways, the PSMM definitely helped in my case, very impressed with the Vibra-technics products so far.

Not sure if it was just mine but my mishimoto coolant tank ended up leaking everywhere through the sight glass. I had to remove it and plug the holes up with bungs..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
Yeah, I remember seeing your post awhile back so I "re-teflon taped" the NPT connections before install. Hoping the plastic tubing fittings hold up as it's a nice idea. We use those fittings at work for instrument air so they should be good for the pressure, it's the temperature I am slightly concerned about. I may redo them later on with swagelok connections but for now they are holding up.

Last edited:

StreetGLi

Yeah I think we just fundamentally disagree. This is not crazy torque steer I’m describing. My car makes 320/320 and the torque steer is plenty manageable with the stock mounts. I noticed it get incrementally worse as my mounts started to fail. The upgraded PSMM fixed most of this.

You may want to consider upgrading to an engineered solution instead of just the inserts. You may change your tune. Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want you to no hand launch your car, but take video so we can see you fly into the ditch. There is no possible way you 320hp tiny car can have minimal torque steer.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I want you to no hand launch your car, but take video so we can see you fly into the ditch. There is no possible way you 320hp tiny car can have minimal torque steer.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
LOL, excellent first post on the forum broski. I may just do that though. Can easily be done with one hand, that's for sure.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Anyways, the PSMM definitely helped in my case, very impressed with the Vibra-technics products so far.
Now you've got me thinking that maybe I should install the other 2 Vibra-technics mounts before I pass final judgement on the NVH of their RMM which I just installed. [dunno]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Better late than never, I guess?

EnerSys was promising this size for us (and all of the other hundreds of cars/trucks which use our size) for the better part of 3 years now.
Finally available for ~$160.00 shipped from Summit racing, Odyssey 96R-600 AGM;

1586309658889.png

I forgot what a total pain it was to remove the battery tray from way back when I did the Mountune short shifter plate, without removing the; intake pipe, cowl, etc. (I wanted to flush any acid/baking soda which was caked in there, and black POR-15 paint the rusted steel support bar in there before installing this gem [wink]).

Then you have to worry IF you got the ECM's connectors attached correctly, and won't know until you go to start it up. [:(]

I really don't want to ever have to do that again!

Last edited:

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I swapped the snows for the OEM wheels and tires today between work and dinner. Didn't take any pictures but they'd look the same as the ones when I put the snows on in November.

Lookie lookie what came in the mail today...thanks ron@whoosh

Can't wait for install wish the damn weather would just get warm and stay there!

This Whoosh Hybrid Trac Spec Cherry Red and Black Turbo is Fμ[emoji2398]£!Ω& beautiful!

I'm gonna give it some garlic!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk