Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
So...with regard to braces...I’d ask for anyone’s input on the following that a few users have spoke to...

FWD cars and especially ours are prone to understeer...so stock Swaybar and no tower bracing in the front coupled with bracing in the rear promotes oversteer and rotation under cornering...

The trouble is there’s so many opinions...[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Compared to my Hondas, the FiST has been very neutral. A front suspension brace will help tame wheel hop, and a rear sway bar will promote rotation; mid-chassis brace is a lot subtler, but helps overall stability. My advice would be to start with a front brace (2-point has been adequate for me).

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Double Quote! Just call me Johnny 2 Quotes! "I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers."

Only a couple days and few miles but the ride with Eibachs seems well improved. I had OEM suspension with 15" and snows all winter, then about 6 weeks with the OEM 17's and then 3 weeks with the 16" Deks, and now a day or two with the 16" Deks, and Eibach/Koni ST combo and I can feel all of the differences. This seems like the best happy medium for me so far, very early/incomplete impressions though.

Seems to have taken all the sharp edges off of impacts. Haven't pushed very hard yet but it doesn't feel too soft or wallowy to me so far.
I got you...

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had zero issues installing the same part on mine. My brother has a stock no mods suspension FiST and I’m fully braced both above and below. Night and day difference between the two. Mine is a bit stiffer but bites in the corners and rotates quite nicely. I am very happy with the performance over stock. These parts do work but you have to have a handle on the variables that can make or break a set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It touches the part shown. I tried to monkey it back, but it still touches. That's just a bad thing, down the road.
I suspected a flaw, and sure enough, it doesn't pass the "lay it flat on a table and make sure both mounting points are parallel" test. They aren't flat with each other.
Too bad, because the powder coat is almost a perfect match to the metallic color, and it looked awesome.

I could have been a happy customer, but I am the opposite. I expect... No, DEMAND a perfect fit first try, with no issues. Any company that can't give me that can suck my ****.

Last edited:

SPhilli911

Not a great quality picture so it may be hard to tell, but for the first time since I bought the car I gave it a good wash and wax. Also buffed out a few minor scratches here and there. Sadly, I've also discovered what appears to be the beginnings of a rust spot on the passenger side over the the rear wheel where the body panel meets the bumper. I'll get pictures later, but the paint is beginning to chip off.

Last edited:

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Are there any updates for sync 2 with nav? My nav is way outdated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Last week these Hypergrams were delivered. I ceramic coated them and let them cure for a few days. Installed yesterday, washed the car today. Stoked!
Which size RS-Pros did you wrap them in?

I did not bother to coat, or even Collinite or Wolfgang seal my bronze Dekagrams (but probably should have [:(]).

Finally upgraded to Sync 3.4! I have non-navigation. It was quick and easy. There are now video tutorials available for Mac or PC at

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/update-ford-sync-3-2-2-3-0-to-version-3-4-all-years-3-4-19200/

All my Forscan settings (ST logo startup, Backup Camera, Climate) we’re retained. ST logo startup returned after restarting car.

View attachment 30892 View attachment 30893 View attachment 30894 View attachment 30895 View attachment 30896
All the persistent issues with the older version of sync seem to have disappeared since upgrading. No ceaseless Wi-Fi popup or connectivity issues with my phone. I'm not super into the light blue day mode and dark blue night mode as the only two background options, but beggars can't be choosers.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk