Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

DAW

Removed the ramair intake, reinstalled the stock airbox with ramair foam filter.

135° intake temps were common after about 60 seconds after coming to a stop. Getting up to 40mph would not drop the temps below 118°. This is making the front mount do more than it should have to so I'm going to keep track of the airbox temps and see how it goes. Leaning towards doing the Peron/ITG intake as I think that'll be the best compromise.
Are you in Arizona?

Business6

Are you in Arizona?
One state north. We're not even coming close to hitting the peak temps for the summer, yet. I've only seen ambient of 100+ once in June (been wild, last weekend was in the 50s with multiple other days in the 50s) so whatever July and August brings is going to be worse

DAW

One state north. We're not even coming close to hitting the peak temps for the summer, yet. I've only seen ambient of 100+ once in June (been wild, last weekend was in the 50s with multiple other days in the 50s) so whatever July and August brings is going to be worse
It’s been hot here, zero storms yet so far. Hate summers in this state.

Business6

Yeah, pretty sharp difference. Max of 110.8 on intake and 109.4 on charge. Yesterday it was 135.7 and 121.9, respectively, same route with a slightly higher ambient today.

Having the stock intake mouth feeding the airbox was an immediate difference. It's obvious enough but until you see the figures happening in real time(ish) it doesn't quite hit you. When I hit the 110.8 mark the light I get stuck at for up to two minutes went green and before I shifted to second it already dropped down to 101°. There's just no way in hell I'd get back to that close to ambient with the ramair intake.

Now I'm debating big mouth or Peron. Or maybe big mouth and pipe air to Peron, lol.

It’s been hot here, zero storms yet so far. Hate summers in this state.
Tell me about it. I lived in Florida for 17 years, ATL for 1 and have been here for 12. I miss the storms of the south. It's been more wet here this June but that never lasts into July or August. This place would be back underwater like it was millions of years ago if it did get a week of those Florida storms, though, haha.

DAW

Yeah, pretty sharp difference. Max of 110.8 on intake and 109.4 on charge. Yesterday it was 135.7 and 121.9, respectively, same route with a slightly higher ambient today.

Having the stock intake mouth feeding the airbox was an immediate difference. It's obvious enough but until you see the figures happening in real time(ish) it doesn't quite hit you. When I hit the 110.8 mark the light I get stuck at for up to two minutes went green and before I shifted to second it already dropped down to 101°. There's just no way in hell I'd get back to that close to ambient with the ramair intake.

Now I'm debating big mouth or Peron. Or maybe big mouth and pipe air to Peron, lol.

Tell me about it. I lived in Florida for 17 years, ATL for 1 and have been here for 12. I miss the storms of the south. It's been more wet here this June but that never lasts into July or August. This place would be back underwater like it was millions of years ago if it did get a week of those Florida storms, though, haha.
That’s funny I grew up in south Florida, miss those storms, still.

Business6

That’s funny I grew up in south Florida, miss those storms, still.
Cape Coral, Orlando area (metrowest, Longwood, Kissimmee, winter garden, etc) and WPB.

Nothing quite like having standing water in your yard less than five minutes after the rain starts, haha. I just miss that it was something akin to entertainment as you more or less had to stop what you were doing if it was strong enough.

DAW

Cape Coral, Orlando area (metrowest, Longwood, Kissimmee, winter garden, etc) and WPB.

Nothing quite like having standing water in your yard less than five minutes after the rain starts, haha. I just miss that it was something akin to entertainment as you more or less had to stop what you were doing if it was strong enough.
I lived 20 years in Coral Springs( south Florida) a few in Melbourne, and was stationed in ft Walton beach during my active duty years, until it took me to az. Definitely different out west, god I miss Publix.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

I like when it pours that hard here since it washes the pollen out of the trees/bushes (so that it will not land on the car for a couple of hours), and even some of it off of the car itself, if it's strong enough, with some wind added in for good measure. LOL