Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

I removed mine a week ago. I kinda liked the sounds but though it might be leaking boost. The highest I ever got previously was 25.81 PSI and now I get 26.06 max. A quarter pound exactly, coincidence? Perhaps. This was using the Whoosh silicon cap style delete. What surprised me is I don't miss the noise at all. I hear more turbo whistle than before but I also changed out the hotside charge pipe to a Whoosh so that maybe a contributing factor as well.

joesiris

for all its quirkiness id thought id miss having any sound at all so i waited till i did get exhaust and an induction hose before removing mine. it served its purpose for quite a while but i love the new sound way better

It wasn't cheap. Total was $2500 but my front bumper wasn't in the best condition. Some prep work needed to be done. The paint blend is really really good and I'm very happy. They also put three layers of clear coat for the job and it shines like crazy. Now I have to do a little bit of paint correction on the old areas to remove swirls. I've work with the shop before when they fixed my rear bumper which was hit while parked at work :mad:.

Car was dropped off Monday. Prep work started on Tuesday and car was done Friday afternoon.
Beautiful! I have the same color but I'm thinking of getting it painted with bed liner on the front bumper area. I did it on my GSXR and love it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Trimmed the flanges that connects fender to bumper. Eliminated the bottom bolt/screw on each side. Tires would rub if I hit big enough dips in the road. (Before and after pic)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

^^^Are THESE the 'tabs' that I always hear everyone talking about when they say where they are rubbing?? [dunno]
Most likely. I could obviously see rub marks on them. Not trying to test, but we'll see if some rubbing is reduced. Was an easy job with the fender liners out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hey everyone I made a post in the tuning forum but it didn't generate any replies maybe someone can help. I recently saw there is an update for the accessport manager on my computer. I swore I saw a thread or a post about someone having issues with their AP after they did the update. Has anyone heard of this or had issues themselves? Chances are my brain is remembering this incorrectly.

Business6

Hey everyone I made a post in the tuning forum but it didn't generate any replies maybe someone can help. I recently saw there is an update for the accessport manager on my computer. I swore I saw a thread or a post about someone having issues with their AP after they did the update. Has anyone heard of this or had issues themselves? Chances are my brain is remembering this incorrectly.
I remember seeing something about that as well but problems via the AP are extremely rare, especially after 5 years or so on this platform.

No need to overthink it. If you actually need the update because you're on some old ass version that doesn't have their last OTS tunes or your tuner says to, do it. Otherwise there's no reason to bother.

I remember seeing something about that as well but problems via the AP are extremely rare, especially after 5 years or so on this platform.

No need to overthink it. If you actually need the update because you're on some old ass version that doesn't have their last OTS tunes or your tuner says to, do it. Otherwise there's no reason to bother.
Ok cool thanks for the response. I guess there really isn't a need to update it since I'm running a Strat tune anyway. (y)

Business6

Ok cool thanks for the response. I guess there really isn't a need to update it since I'm running a Strat tune anyway. (y)
Yarr!

In other news
Got the black V1 whoosh in today. Hopefully will install it tomorrow or Sunday though I just noticed I'm missing the rubber mount on one side from the stock intercooler now so 😡

Attachments

Yarr!

In other news
Got the black V1 whoosh in today. Hopefully will install it tomorrow or Sunday though I just noticed I'm missing the rubber mount on one side from the stock intercooler now so 😡
Did you ever find that piece? I'm debating between the V1 or the V3 whenever it comes back in stock. Not sure if the V3 will be overkill but might want to go big turbo back be day.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got tired of taking my bumper off of the FiST to tighten boost clamps in some places so I used a Dremel to create round holes in the Air dam/ bumper splash guard underneath to make it easier on myself!

Business6

Did you ever find that piece? I'm debating between the V1 or the V3 whenever it comes back in stock. Not sure if the V3 will be overkill but might want to go big turbo back be day.
I haven't been able to look on the car yet though I'll have to remove the bumper to find out, anyway. I contacted a local guy parting out two crashed FiSTs to see if the part is available. The insulator itself has the part number on it: 8V51-8125-CA, if memory serves.

I'd wait on the intercooler until you decide what your plans consist of and how big a turbo you intend to use.