Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

haste

1000 Post Club
Well written and thank you. I understand the principal and it sounds like you have thought this through. I have often thought of going the other direction to make 2nd more usable where you plan to use 3rd. I know going to a lower gear is beneficial for trucks especially if go to a larger tire size or are towing. It is also beneficial if you have a low torque engine like in a S2000 or BRZ/FRS/86. it can really help acceleration in those. To my thinking, since we have soo much torque, this would just add more wheelspin but I'm interested to see how this works out for you. Perhaps the LSD will negate most of the issue. Which brand did you go with? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the post. I wish you the best of luck and I look forward to your review once you have some seat time with it. (y)
Went with the quaife. Exchange rate was decent at the time and I got a smoking deal from pumaspeed for the LSD, final drive conversion and diff install kit. $300 cheaper than ordering from someone in the USA.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I ziptied mine too the cold side charge pipe, but there's a lot of stuff you should have space to latch onto
Yeah, for now I just zip tied it to that currently unused skid plate mount 'drop bracket', facing forward, and half exposed to the air UNDER that air dam.

I really want one of those bellmouth/vortex type inlets in the fog light panel, but next to the fog light, allowing one to retain the lights. [wink]

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Yeah, for now I just zip tied it to that currently unused skid plate mount 'drop bracket', facing forward, and half exposed to the air UNDER that air dam.

I really want one of those bellmouth/vortex type inlets in the fog light panel, but next to the fog light, allowing one to retain the lights. [wink]
I've seen a few mock ups of them or photos online and they looks really cool. I'd get one.

Replaced my red mud flaps with some black ones, didn’t want my car to pop out lol. Especially since it’s white. But this morning around 5 am my bro texted me my side mirror cap was on the floor in the street. Seems some rascals went around taking them off, there’s still one on the floor down the street from an unknown car. Sucks I have to park in the street.

Attachments

Played around with my new pressure washer and foam cannon. Its a cheap pressure washer from Walmart so its not very powerful, but it does a good enough job for me. Pic was taken after sitting for about a minute. Suds looked better before it dawned on me to take a pic

IMG_6845.JPG

haste

1000 Post Club
Only a few things left before I can put the case halves back together. Waiting on one bearing for the secondary output shaft on the right(reverse gear) and the input shaft bearing. Also waiting on the yellow plastic funnel used to channel oil flow that is under the primary countershaft bearing($1.42). I need to torque the bolts on the retainer bearings for both the input shaft and primary output shaft. I forgot my torque wrench from work. I still need to check the diff float but I've already installed the stock 0.5 shim that came with the transmission. According to the ford performance/quaife install instructions, checking the preload isn't necessary but I am going to do it anyway. I just gotta remember to bring my dial indicator home from work.
I was able to use a tool from our Mitsubishi diesel collection at work to press the gears on the primary countershaft, it was literally a perfect fit.

P1040450.JPG

Can I ask how you keep your brake calipers so clean? Mine only has a few thousand miles on it but the calipers are covered in dark spots
I wish I could offer some advice, but I don’t give them any special treatment. I only really wash them off when i’m spraying off the wheels after a wash. I wiped them down after doing my brake pads recently, but they didn’t really need it. I use OEM pads btw.