Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Installed a Milltek catback on my 16 Fiesta today. I knew it wasn’t going to be loud, but it is very close to stock sound. I have the non-res version.

It sounds great in the garage, but on the open road there is barely any noise difference from stock.

I read that sound may increase as carbon builds up. I’m hoping for that!!!

May opt for a downpipe to add sound. Are they difficult to install? I installed the catback myself on jack stands. It was not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, does anyone know how to remove the soot on the paint from the exhaust? I tried goo-gone.
Try Meguiars Ultimate compound. Its what I use on my daily and it works good. It'll be a recurring issue though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thank you to all the people on this forum, it was short lived but this was my first car forum I was ever actually active in and I loved all the support and enjoyment it brought me, you guys have a great community going on and keep it up [emoji1690]

Good to hear you're ok. Pride and the FiST can be replaced; you cannot. We all know you're shopping for another one.

Good to hear you're ok. Pride and the FiST can be replaced; you cannot. We all know you're shopping for another one.

I thought about It but being a student right now buying a new fist financially isn’t a good idea [emoji20]. But on the plus side I did find a clean low mile b16 del sol si near me for cheap [emoji16]

Wasn't today, but forgot to take a pic. I prefer it much more than the ST badge. Also see the sticker at the bottom of the tag.

I like the lower screen cover you have for the IC. Did you fabricate that yourself?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I like the lower screen cover you have for the IC. Did you fabricate that yourself?

That is the Zunesport grill from Whoosh! It is very thick, round wire. It isn't a perfect fit for for our USDM, but you have options to mount. Notice mine is recessed in the center and does not follow the lower lip line. I used the mounting arm for that section. It will wear down the paint and plastic, but I have no intentions of changing it. I've already spent lots on this, AND previously cars. Retirement is a factor that limits how much I spend on it. (Wait, did I say that? Like I'll really be restrained...haaa. The LSD going in is my Reserve Retirement present to myself. We don't get paid until we hit 60)

I posted pics fresh from the package. A quick search for zunesport posted by me can find it.

Bought my car a shiny new evap canister after a run in with some road debris. Wallet is now a few hundred dollars lighter.

If anyone has a no pistons skid plate they want to offload, lmk...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That is the Zunesport grill from Whoosh! It is very thick, round wire. It isn't a perfect fit for for our USDM, but you have options to mount. Notice mine is recessed in the center and does not follow the lower lip line. I used the mounting arm for that section. It will wear down the paint and plastic, but I have no intentions of changing it. I've already spent lots on this, AND previously cars. Retirement is a factor that limits how much I spend on it. (Wait, did I say that? Like I'll really be restrained...haaa. The LSD going in is my Reserve Retirement present to myself. We don't get paid until we hit 60)

I posted pics fresh from the package. A quick search for zunesport posted by me can find it.

I have that same lower grille myself, but with M-Sport stenciled on it (of course! LOL).
Yes, it is not a 'perfect fit', but when I take off the bumper cover, eventually, for IC and radiator installs, I will use that opportunity to attach it much better, from the inside. [wink]

haste

1000 Post Club
80mph cruising RPM after the "new" transmission. :D

The shift assist is boogered up, especially after 4th gear, it revs up in between upshifts, lol. Also notice in the pic that the car wants me to upshift even though it's in sixth gear, haha. It's confused. I can no longer use cruise control at 25mph in my neighborhood.

Everything else is really nice. Definitely feel it pulling harder and the LSD works wonders.

Gonna email my tuner now and see if we can get things squared away on the electronic side

IMG_20201011_113913665.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hey, at least you will never have to worry about 'loading up' the combustion chambers with carbon, or having LSPI from 6th gear uphills on the highway any more! LOL [wink] [thumb]

CSM

1000 Post Club
Got word from my mechanic that my Fiesta is ready to pick up!
Had him:
  • Install Quaife LSD
  • Replace Clutch, clutch slave, and Flywheel w/ OEM
  • New OEM Axles/seals
  • New OEM lower control arms w/ ball joints (joints toast at 90k) and custom alignment
He also took care of door latch recall and blend door actuator while he was at it. Can't wait for the weekend!

Last edited:

CSM

1000 Post Club
^^^How much for just the labor on all of the drive train stuff? (If you don't mind stating that, of course. [wink])
I forgot that he replaced ball joints and control arms as well. added that to list.
Total was $1035 for parts (control arms, blend door actuator) and all labor, including alignment

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
She’s gone everyone....wet roads and foggy weather, all it took was one turn, next thing I knew I was tumbling on the road. Thankfully I’m Not injured (except my pride) but she’s done for :(
So sorry buddy. I worry about that same thing. Seriously. The FiST is too much fun to just putt around with. Every corner is excitement waiting to be had. ugh.... grab another one!

Attachments