Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Installed a Milltek catback on my 16 Fiesta today. I knew it wasn’t going to be loud, but it is very close to stock sound. I have the non-res version.

It sounds great in the garage, but on the open road there is barely any noise difference from stock.

I read that sound may increase as carbon builds up. I’m hoping for that!!!

May opt for a downpipe to add sound. Are they difficult to install? I installed the catback myself on jack stands. It was not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, does anyone know how to remove the soot on the paint from the exhaust? I tried goo-gone.
Try normal car polish

I drove mine to run errands and made a few pulls on the way back. Love this thing. Loving the warmer weather this week too. Went from spinning in 3rd to dead hooking 2nd.

She’s gone everyone....wet roads and foggy weather, all it took was one turn, next thing I knew I was tumbling on the road. Thankfully I’m Not injured (except my pride) but she’s done for :(

They're Depo - and I was very surprised that the quality and mechanical adjustment was perfect.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the insight. Euro lights are my next purchase. I was undecided on getting the Hella for $541.62 or Depo for $262.36, but seeing the Depo on yours looks amazing. Also been reading up on all the Euro lights thread to prep for wiring.

Sam4

How did the one bolt and nut go? That thing was ridiculous when I did mine*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Right? Dropped the f^cking nut, off to Home Depot for a new one, closed my eyes with the diagram in my head....got a thread going....woo hoo it worked!! No apparent improvement.........

SteveS

1000 Post Club
She’s gone everyone....wet roads and foggy weather, all it took was one turn, next thing I knew I was tumbling on the road. Thankfully I’m Not injured (except my pride) but she’s done for :(

Glad you made it. If you want back in there's a pristine Green Envy with Recaros for sale in Tucson, listed on the forum for $11,500

Thanks for the insight. Euro lights are my next purchase. I was undecided on getting the Hella for $541.62 or Depo for $262.36, but seeing the Depo on yours looks amazing. Also been reading up on all the Euro lights thread to prep for wiring.
Thanks! I can't say whether or not the Hella units are worth it as I've never seen them in person, but I have seen TYCs on another fiesta and the chrome finish in the housing was not looking good (cracking and peeling) after what I assume was only a couple of years of use with LEDs. I hope the DEPO units have a bit of longevity in them.

The connector wiring wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I should also note I didn't add in a circuit for switching High/Low led intensity. I may change this in the future.

Thanks! I can't say whether or not the Hella units are worth it as I've never seen them in person, but I have seen TYCs on another fiesta and the chrome finish in the housing was not looking good (cracking and peeling) after what I assume was only a couple of years of use with LEDs. I hope the DEPO units have a bit of longevity in them.

The connector wiring wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I should also note I didn't add in a circuit for switching High/Low led intensity. I may change this in the future.

Do leds cause damage to housings

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Installed a Milltek catback on my 16 Fiesta today. I knew it wasn’t going to be loud, but it is very close to stock sound. I have the non-res version.

It sounds great in the garage, but on the open road there is barely any noise difference from stock.

I read that sound may increase as carbon builds up. I’m hoping for that!!!

May opt for a downpipe to add sound. Are they difficult to install? I installed the catback myself on jack stands. It was not too bad.

Also, does anyone know how to remove the soot on the paint from the exhaust? I tried goo-gone.
I have this same system on my 16 also. I didnt want loud myself. Its my perception that its just barely louder than stock, after you put some miles on it.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hella make the factory ones for Ford. So if you buy Hella your getting unbranded Factory Euro’s, aka oem. Hella is a good lighting company. Depo is a cheaper aftermarket company not oem . Depo’s can be hit and miss. They are also the cheaper alternative for Glass headlights in the BMW E36 community. People use them but they are not great.

haste

1000 Post Club
Stabbed the new transmission tonight. Had to wrestle with it due to the odd shape and I didn't drop the sub frame. I was literally about to give up for the night and leave it for tomorrow but it magically slid right in and I got six bolts snugged. Dinner was ready so I left it there for the evening. Really looking forward to getting the car rolling this weekend.

388497_IMG_20201008_175307398.jpg