Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I have my BM sitting around for a while now, still waiting for my cup spoilers and i think ill wait longer til i pick up an FMIC in the summer to throw it all together at once. I dont want to take off that bumper twice
Bumper removal is pretty easy but man the big mouth is a bitch. The screw that holds it on.. Prepare your arsenal of curse words. A helping hand goes a long way so you don't have to hold, align, drop, retry, repeat.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Bumper removal is pretty easy but man the big mouth is a bitch. The screw that holds it on.. Prepare your arsenal of curse words. A helping hand goes a long way so you don't have to hold, align, drop, retry, repeat.
Isn't that just for version one? Wasn't one of the improvements in version 2 the alignment where it mates up?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Isn't that just for version one? Wasn't one of the improvements in version 2 the alignment where it mates up?

i have the new Gen4's so it should be cake, but i still dread taking off that bumper for some reason. rather do it all at once. besides, the FMIC would be the last piece till im fully bolted.
Bonus, it would look like a huge transformation if i wait to do everything since the front is still looks stock.

I have my BM sitting around for a while now, still waiting for my cup spoilers and i think ill wait longer til i pick up an FMIC in the summer to throw it all together at once. I dont want to take off that bumper twice
SO, what all common mods are good to do while having the front bumper off? I also only want to take it off once.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you ever plan on doing; an aftermarket air to oil cooler, Hella horns, a tubular crash bar, any IC, IC charge hoses, aftermarket fog/driving lights, or air intakes in the place of factory fogs, VT Big Mouth, hard/solidly mounted Zunsport lower IC grille, or even a Mountune radiator (even though everyone claims it is just as easy to do from under the car, with the bumper in place), and only want the thing off and back on ONCE, those are the mods. [wink]

Last edited:
SO, what all common mods are good to do while having the front bumper off? I also only want to take it off once.
honestly, its mainly the FMIC and BM(if you decide to get one)
i can think of maybe it will help with installing some new hoses but most of that you can go under. everything else is in the bay
other things i can think of are fogs, cutting portions of the lower grille, new crashbar.. i dunno

The bumper isn't that bad if you have some extensions and a wobbly to get the fender to bumper bolts from under the headlight. The rest is cake. Tip, when you go to put the fender to bumper bolts back in, put a small piece of paper towel between the bolt head and the 8mm socket. This will hold the bolt tight enough in the socket so you can fish down into it's location without it falling out, but not so tight your socket will stay on the bolt after tightening. I just installed my Big Mouth and EZLip this past weekend. I still need to get a decent pic out in the wild. I don't have any where you can see the Mouth yet.

20210515_122655.jpg
20210515_123501.jpg
20210515_125636.jpg
20210515_185334.jpg

Honestly I disagree that the Velossa Tech Big Mouth is difficult to install!

Once I realized that I couldn't get an open end wrench on the nut on the backside, I used a medium sized pair of channel lock pliers and a 10mm socket gripped in the pliers to hold the nut while you tighten the bolt. It literally took me 2mins to install it once I had the cowl cut open properly. ;)

For you guys waiting to install the Big Mouth, I have a 2nd tip. Get a 5mm Allen socket
Socket.JPG
and attach it to your cordless drill with one of these or similar.
Adapter.JPG
Using your right hand reach up here (see below) start the nut by hand. Then using an open ended 10MM wrench, reach up and hold the nut from spinning. Use your drill and Allen to tighten the bolt from the front and you are done in about 2 seconds.

Snork.JPG

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
A second horn, on the other corner of the car. I forgot to do mine, so I'm not sure if the relay is rated for two.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just installed my Big Mouth and EZLip this past weekend. I still need to get a decent pic out in the wild.

View attachment 40669
I wish that EZ Lip offered a straight down from the bumper edge, vertically a la the WRC style air dam lips, instead of out to the front, like a regular splitter version of this. [:(]

dhminer

2000 Post Club

I have the gen3 and maybe I’m ham fisted but I couldn’t get the nut on to save my life. Had to borrow wife’s smaller hands.

Last edited:

pixelzombie

I did it in spurts because it was hot and muggy. I was dripping sweat.
I also cleaned everything I could reach before I sewed it up and armoralled all the plastic and paint. I'd take a panel with me when it was time to go inside and cool down.
I also cut my hands and arms up trying to deal with the lower mount hose. Tight spaces, sharp bits. Stopped to put on some band aids. Had to use a stubby screwdriver. That was the fiddly part. Gotta get it right the first time.
Once you finally get it all tightened up and straight, it's solid. Typical excellent mountune fit and finish. I won't have to go in there again.

TLDR: If you want to do it quick and not clean the glass and mounting surfaces, and you got your shit together, you could do it in an hour and a half. Less, if you do this stuff all the time.
So was it worth the cost and install time?