Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Only a few ounces this time, for a ~3500 mile oil change interval.

This oil I am using has a very low volatility rate, but it certainly smells like I am getting a lot of fuel in the oil for the winter oil change interval.

But everyone tells me that is 'normal' for a direct injection system. [dunno]
With both the fist and the focus (NA gdi) I noticed a gasoline smell as well. First gdi engines I ever changed oil on. Maybe I'll look into an oil analysis.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Damn, I might miss NEFR this year. But I will make it up to Climb to the Clouds Mt. Washington for sure in August.
Yeah, I drive right by the entrance road to Mt. Washington on my way up to Bethel (I take the inland 91/93 route to avoid the coastal 'parking lots' on 95 [wink]).

MANY of the workers, especially the radio/HAM people who work that event also work NEFR. [:)]

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Yeah, I drive right by the entrance road to Mt. Washington on my way up to Bethel (I take the inland 91/93 route to avoid the coastal 'parking lots' on 95 [wink]).

MANY of the workers, especially the radio/HAM people who work that event also work NEFR. [:)]
I live very close to your route up to NEFR - I've never been but possibly next year I'll take the trip and we can meet up!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Washed and Collinite 845ed it in an attempt to stand up to that micro fine, but still very abrasive Maine forestry road dust, and/or mud and silt if it pours during the event.

I have to wait until my brown shirt HOA informant neighbors leave their place for a while before I can throw on the 'rally' wheels, since they are on the warpath lately. [mad]

I may even have to put the jack, stands and wheels in the car and go to an abandoned lot nearby to get them on the car (I HATE this effing place!).

Those of you who do not have to deal with this shit just do not realize how great you have it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Swapped back to Dizzy 93 Stg 2. Just giving the car a break from E30. Maybe unnecessary but made sense in my mind. Waiting for OAR to stabilize at -1.00. Currently -0.65.
Do a Kam reset also* this should be done periodically. Also make sure you are using the correct tune after you put in 93 Oct.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Washed and Collinite 845ed it in an attempt to stand up to that micro fine, but still very abrasive Maine forestry road dust, and/or mud and silt if it pours during the event.

I have to wait until my brown shirt HOA informant neighbors leave their place for a while before I can throw on the 'rally' wheels, since they are on the warpath lately. [mad]

I may even have to put the jack, stands and wheels in the car and go to an abandoned lot nearby to get them on the car (I HATE this effing place!).

Those of you who do not have to deal with this shit just do not realize how great you have it.
That is one fd up hoa...damn, you gotta move.
Mine can't do much of anything. It's old and can't even get a quorum at the annual meeting to update anything.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

dhminer

2000 Post Club

Sounds like someone needs a bag of flaming dog shit. I’d be just annoyed enough to read the verbiage of the HOA covenant real carefully and if it said no “maintenance” I’d all day every day be taking things apart just to put them back together since that isn’t “maintenance”

SPhilli911

Dang, that's a pain in the arse. I take it you have no garage to hide in to do that stuff?

My apartment management is pretty strict about no car maintenance, so I just shut the garage door to do anything. :ROFLMAO:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Dang, that's a pain in the arse. I take it you have no garage to hide in to do that stuff?

My apartment management is pretty strict about no car maintenance, so I just shut the garage door to do anything. :ROFLMAO:
It's my brother's place where I'm living, and he has a TOTALLY dead, useless (he probably could not even sell any of the rusted-out, stained and rotting, 22 year old parts at this point), destroyed ragtop, 7 years since it's been registered/inspected, 250K mile, everything leaking, '99 Boxter piece of shit taking up that space. [mad]

He has this fantasy that he can get it running/functioning properly with less than $3K investment, when it needs new EVERYTHING. [nono]

He could buy 2 latter model used ones, in good shape, with all of the updates to their foibles/problems for less than it would cost him to get that garbage sitting in the garage running and inspected.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Sounds like someone needs a bag of flaming dog shit. I’d be just annoyed enough to read the verbiage of the HOA covenant real carefully and if it said no “maintenance” I’d all day every day be taking things apart just to put them back together since that isn’t “maintenance”
It says nothing against washing/waxing, so I do that defiantly in front of these 'neighborly' <-LOFL! Gestapo agents.

But any fluid changes, hood up work, brake jobs, up on jack/jackstands (and I'm guessing even ramps given their draconian 'uppityness' of how it 'looks'), is explicitly verboten by the HOA rules, even in your very own driveway, with escalating fines for subsequent 'violations'.

I guess they expect me to call AAA, and have the car towed if I ever have a flat tire, so that it can be done outside of the development. [mad]

dhminer

2000 Post Club
It says nothing against washing/waxing, so I do that defiantly in front of these 'neighborly' <-LOFL! Gestapo agents.

But any fluid changes, hood up work, brake jobs, up on jack/jackstands (and I'm guessing even ramps given their draconian 'uppityness' of how it 'looks'), is explicitly verboten by the HOA rules, even in your very own driveway, with escalating fines for subsequent 'violations'.

I guess they expect me to call AAA, and have the car towed if I ever have a flat tire, so that it can be done outside of the development. [mad]
That's ridiculous. I make sure to get a copy of our HOA covenant before buying a house so I know what I'm getting into. If it's more than a few pages, it gets round filed and I look for a different house.

My first house had a hilarious HOA. Keep in mind this was in a sub 150k price point neighborhood. We'd get letters about our trash cans being out past the 7 PM deadline on trash day to put them back. But the drug dealer down the road? Drive by shooting at the neighborhood park? Crickets!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, the Eva Braun type 'neighbor' finally left for a few hours today, so I was able to get the gravel wheels on, but could not 'chance' the extra time necessary to grease the slider pins on the calipers.

(As it was she pulled back into her driveway just as I was putting the jack away.)

That will have to wait until I get someone to do the full brake job/braided line install/fluid flush. [:(]

Intuit

3000 Post Club

Erect a large blind or tent. Doesn't matter what's going on behind it, if they didn't record video or audio to prove what was occurring, their fines won't hold up in small claims court; where they might even owe you for your time there. Crossing over on your property to photograph is trespassing. (post signs during the work) Just make sure that the work can be finished in a matter of hours so that the blind/tent doesn't need to stay up overnight. While the rules likely include car covers and car ports, they might not cover blinds or tents. I don't think that's really considered to be a "structure".

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Replaced the OEM passenger-side engine mount with a cp-e. After losing a few O-rings on the Powerflex pineapple, I felt that I needed something beefier. Well, the cp-e is definitely beefier, and the increase in NVH is significant. It has the 55 durometer, so I imagine the 70 durometer must be unbearable. I'm hoping it breaks in over the next couple of weeks.

At the same time, I removed my Radium catch can. Nothing wrong with it, but I didn't want to have to deal with it again when I eventually need to get a smog check. If you're in Northern California and are interested, I'll make you a killer deal -- PM me; sorry, not shipping; local pick-up only.

haste

1000 Post Club
Replaced the OEM passenger-side engine mount with a cp-e. After losing a few O-rings on the Powerflex pineapple, I felt that I needed something beefier. Well, the cp-e is definitely beefier, and the increase in NVH is significant. It has the 55 durometer, so I imagine the 70 durometer must be unbearable. I'm hoping it breaks in over the next couple of weeks.

At the same time, I removed my Radium catch can. Nothing wrong with it, but I didn't want to have to deal with it again when I eventually need to get a smog check. If you're in Northern California and are interested, I'll make you a killer deal -- PM me; sorry, not shipping; local pick-up only.
I was thinking about the CPE passenger and driver side mounts myself. I'll be looking for an update in a few weeks as to how that passenger side breaks in.