Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
How's the clutch feel? Lmk how the break in goes too.[/IMG]
It's about 1k of 2-3k shifts if possible* as they state before really giving it the beans. It feels just like the Stock clutch TBH....its what RTS was going for....is the stock like feel but able to Transmit more power.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dropped my car off at the dealership for its 100,000 mile service. New timing belt, plugs, coolant, transmission fluid (trying the Ravelon), oil and filter change. Getting it detailed on Thu if it's not raining! Will try and post photos afterwards. The detail guy comes recommended by my mechanic as his clientele have their Ferraris and Lambos detailed by him.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Any clunks on 1-2/3-2 gear engagement (not clutch, but gears)? Anything when you engage gears while in the middle of a turn?
It will clunk going into first sometimes...i will try to bleed the clutch again to see if that helps. Any tips? Other than that its fine....so far.

No, not really. At this point, I'm pretty sure its the combined slack of the 10 scroll gears. Not sure about Mfactory/wavetrack, but if you look at Quaife assembly process, unlike the centre gears, scroll ones sort of just sit in their channels without any loading springs or anything, so there's bound to be some slack. I'm almost done freaking out about the clunks at this point, but I'm still asking everyone how their diff sounds, haha.

You're going to have a good time when summer tires are back on.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No, not really. At this point, I'm pretty sure its the combined slack of the 10 scroll gears. Not sure about Mfactory/wavetrack, but if you look at Quaife assembly process, unlike the centre gears, scroll ones sort of just sit in their channels without any loading springs or anything, so there's bound to be some slack. I'm almost done freaking out about the clunks at this point, but I'm still asking everyone how their diff sounds, haha.

I think I'll bleed once more just to see....I can't wait to be able to Full send after the clutch is "Bedded/Broken in. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Bleeding is child's play with one person now to me after watching one guy bleed a clutch on you tube by himself.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Jabbit

2000 Post Club

Mine is currently getting Quaife LSD, shorter gearing, and RTS twin friction. Thanks for the heads up on the clunking. I probably would have freaked out.

Mine is currently getting Quaife LSD, shorter gearing, and RTS twin friction. Thanks for the heads up on the clunking. I probably would have freaked out.
Mind you, there are folks on here that report shifting with LSD to be dead quiet, so I guess YMMV, but I'd appreciate if you let me know how yours will turn out! Here's the assembly video I mentioned.

Sorry, didn't want to turn this thread into another "weird transmission sounds" discussion :p

1642464880416.png

pixelzombie

They keep some level or other of salt on the roads all Winter long, beginning with the first freezing precipitation. Great for the motorcycle because it's aluminum and plastic, but horrible for the FiST. Drove under the absolute worst possible conditions last week, which was a warm bed of damp salty road.

I should've hit it the moment I parked it, but instead waited until the following morning/afternoon to put it up on race ramps and thoroughly spray it with Salt-Away, Salt-Off. (actually designed for marine applications)
View attachment 46080 View attachment 46081

The bottom-inside of my hatch shows a lot of bubbling. There are small drain holes around the hatch which I used to spray a crap ton of Fluid Film and CRC Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor into. Hope it helps. Downside is your hands can get greasy when lifting the gate.
I need to get some of that as soon as Spring hits.