Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
@HoldFast - Translucent plexiglass, acrylic or similar strong material might be something to consider over the carbon cover. Some research will be required to determine what the best material is. These can be protected tinted using the traditional high quality window tints.

Joined the “I took my front bumper off” club. Put on a Whoosh V3 IC this afternoon. I had to grind one of the brackets because the holes were too far off center and it wanted to sit on the radius, not the flat part of the IC. I also had to grind some of the bumper to get it back on. I believe it had to do with the brackets. The IC looked like it could have been pushed back a bit more. For the price and the quality, I’d give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our once-yearly snow storm in western WA is over, so the BFGs went back on and the winter tires are tucked away for another 11 months. My teenager will be getting her permit this year and has been gung-ho about helping in the garage. All I had to do this time was supervise! Pardon the messy garage...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Our once-yearly snow storm in western WA is over, so the BFGs went back on and the winter tires are tucked away for another 11 months. My teenager will be getting her permit this year and has been gung-ho about helping in the garage. All I had to do this time was supervise! Pardon the messy garage...

Wish I could say the same thing about my winter tires here in Mn* FML and Mn winters*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

@HoldFast - Translucent plexiglass, acrylic or similar strong material might be something to consider over the carbon cover. Some research will be required to determine what the best material is. These can be protected tinted using the traditional high quality window tints.
Hi! Thanks for your thoughts on this.

There are definitely many options from a material perspective that would be more appropriate, cheaper, and easier, though I have a fairly strong dislike for working with plexi / polycarbonate, nor do I much like its mode of failure if something should fall on it (the rest of the car, for example...). The failure mode of a (carbon or basalt)-Innegra hybrid composite, along with the low price make it a better option for this, really. A simple ridged aluminum panel would be really cheap, and really quick and easy to do well. Regardless, I figured I should do it in a vacuum bagged epoxy resin moulded composite mostly because I want the practice with the technique and material on a larger part that is still simple and straightforward. But again, you are absolutely right that there are better options, and doing it this way is rather silly. But I just can't help it... Ooooooo. So irresistible. Anyway, I'll try not to go on about it too much here, and I'll start a project post when/if the project actually gets under way.

What a sky! I see that your garage actually has a floor, a car, and people in it. You deserve great praise for such a feat. No chance for luxurious indoor accommodations for my car; I can hardly fit in my garage with my arms held straight up... I'd post a picture, but I'd probably be unceremoniously and immediately banned.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Glass fails catastrophically (shatters) as well but it's the laminate that keeps it from becoming an extreme hazard. There was a news report that was critical of sunrooves spontaneously shattering and manufacturers not doing anything to address the issue. Wouldn't be surprised if aftermarket window tint behaves like a laminate, helping with that situation.

What a sky! I see that your garage actually has a floor, a car, and people in it. You deserve great praise for such a feat. No chance for luxurious indoor accommodations for my car; I can hardly fit in my garage with my arms held straight up... I'd post a picture, but I'd probably be unceremoniously and immediately banned.
Haha, thanks! We just moved in to this place over the summer (hence the moving box pictured), and for the 10 years prior I had been wrenching in the carport of my rental. It's such a game changer! Oh and that sky is a very rare occurrence during PNW winters. We probably won't see the sun again until February, ha.

I'm so happy to have the winter tires off of there. We were blessed with another dry-ish day after this photo and I got to fall in love with the BFG Comp-2 AS+ all over again. Such a great tire for the price.

Haha, thanks! We just moved in to this place over the summer (hence the moving box pictured), and for the 10 years prior I had been wrenching in the carport of my rental. It's such a game changer! Oh and that sky is a very rare occurrence during PNW winters. We probably won't see the sun again until February, ha.

I'm so happy to have the winter tires off of there. We were blessed with another dry-ish day after this photo and I got to fall in love with the BFG Comp-2 AS+ all over again. Such a great tire for the price.
I'm looking at wheels and tires today. I feel like it's all I've done for the last week... There's such a wealth of information here on the subject that one can get easily lost sifting through all of it. I think I'm going to go with a 15x8 wheel with 225/45 R15 tires, since my suspension is basically stock and, as far as I understand, they should bolt on without interference issues. I'm considering going with the RT660, since I don't winter drive it at all. It seems that 35 seems to be the go-to for offset, but I'm wondering if there is any interference or other issue with a 38 or 42 offset. Anyone have thoughts on this?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've always wondered if a 225/50-15 (for those who want a bit more 'cush', and filling out the wheel wells) would work on the available 15x8's ETs without rubbing at factory ride height. [dunno]

Relocated the driver's seat belt so it passed through the shoulder hole and the hip hole of my bucket seat. And my track wheels came in today! Gonna be trying them out at Big Willow this Saturday. Bronze 16x8 Konig Dekagrams. 15.7 lbs per wheel, should be a pound per corner weight savings over my 16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara street wheels with more rubber contact patch as I'll be running 215/45/16 BF Goodrich Rival S 1.5. Tomorrow is likely mounting and balancing, transmission fluid change (BG synchroshift II), maybe an alignment check as well.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Relocated the driver's seat belt so it passed through the shoulder hole and the hip hole of my bucket seat. And my track wheels came in today! Gonna be trying them out at Big Willow this Saturday. Bronze 16x8 Konig Dekagrams. 15.7 lbs per wheel, should be a pound per corner weight savings over my 16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara street wheels with more rubber contact patch as I'll be running 215/45/16 BF Goodrich Rival S 1.5. Tomorrow is likely mounting and balancing, transmission fluid change (BG synchroshift II), maybe an alignment check as well.

I never actually weighed mine, but everyone else on here claims that these are almost exactly one pound lighter than what you've stated. [dunno]

Their bronze looks really good against the magnetic, which is my street/daily driver setup. [thumb] (But I personally think that a dark[er] gold would look even better.)

It still amazes me that the Rivals are such great track/autocross tires being as 'tready' a block pattern as they are, especially new, unshaven, not worn in a bit, but they do look like a near perfect rain tire, at full depth.

I was literally just thinking about new wheels... Was about to post a pic of the wheels I'm leaning towards getting and seen your post [emoji23]

I like these for some reason.. not sure if I would choose black or dark grey... photo..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I was literally just thinking about new wheels... Was about to post a pic of the wheels I'm leaning towards getting and seen your post [emoji23]

I like these for some reason.. not sure if I would choose black or dark grey... photo..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
Do it! They're heavy which most folks here hate, but damn near indestructible. 1600 load rating. I'm on my second set of 1552s and don't regret it at all. They've survived some gnarly potholes.

Buy them direct from 1552, IMO or Ron @ whoosh because he's the man and gives us 5% off all the time. Most of the retailers do not stock them as far as I'm aware. They just relay your order to 1552 who ships from their warehouse. Mountune sells them and a few times a year they'll have a buy 3 wheels get the 4th free. That's when I pull the trigger.