Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

I personally feel like you should sell those terrible tacky looking Imolas to fund your other parts. It is the responsible thing to do :sneaky:. I might even know someone who would take them off of your hands :cool:...lol
I love them too much to let them go! [biggrin]
But you will get first dibs if I do decide to let them go. [cheers]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Stock stuff is low viscosity DOT 4. If you're going to use racing stuff in a DD, make sure you change it out *very* often. Racing applications often lack relevant additives that help inhibit corrosion and fight water absorption.
There are higher temp boiling point (BOTH wet AND dry) DOT4 LV fluids than the factory Motorcraft stuff out there (Motul 5.1, Ate SL.6, Bosch ESI6-32N, etc.), albeit even they are way too thin for serious, continued high speed open track use with big brakes, gumball tires, and racing pads.

The one ultra high WET boiling point DOT4 racing fluid (and therefore possibly longer lasting than the rest of the lower wet point racing fluids? [dunno]) Castrol SRF, is now up to between $60.00 and $90.00 a liter, depending on where you purchase it from.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
There are higher temp boiling point (BOTH wet AND dry) DOT4 LV fluids than the factory Motorcraft stuff out there (Motul 5.1, Ate SL.6, Bosch ESI6-32N, etc.), albeit even they are way too thin for serious, continued high speed open track use with big brakes, gumball tires, and racing pads.

The one ultra high WET boiling point DOT4 racing fluid (and therefore possibly longer lasting than the rest of the lower wet point racing fluids? [dunno]) Castrol SRF, is now up to between $60.00 and $90.00 a liter, depending on where you purchase it from.
What would you choose to use if you were just weekend cruising and ripping around on backroads occasionally and garaging for the winter? Is there say an OEM + ? For my daily focus I had the fluid changed out with some Pentosin...actually let me snap a pic of what I used. Bought 2 extra bottles of it. Wondering if it would be decent in the FiST?

Attachments

Intuit

3000 Post Club
@akiraproject24 - That's what I bought. I'm not at all hard on brakes (pads last quite awhile). I had researched the difference and supposed benefit of low viscosity but it's been too long and don't recall the findings. Regardless I figured they stuck that in there for a reason. I'm wondering if it benefits ABS since it likes to pulse *very* rapidly.

Sam4

Really mundane shit here - finally got to the end links during this week's warmth! Moog's replaced the OE- designed already-replacement ends. You all know - steering quality improved, wheel hop lessened, stability returned...and also, as you may know - under book time in the driveway!! Local BYO shop quoted $270 @ 1.8hrs (sounded like a maybe when it was 26 degrees!), but the local dispensary also needed my support. And $120 an hour at a no-name brand shop? Let's go Brandon.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
@akiraproject24 - That's what I bought. I'm not at all hard on brakes (pads last quite awhile). I had researched the difference and supposed benefit of low viscosity but it's been too long and don't recall the findings. Regardless I figured they stuck that in there for a reason. I'm wondering if it benefits ABS since it likes to pulse *very* rapidly.
That is exactly why Ford (as well as many other manufacturers) used it in these systems, it is thinner, so it moves through the tiny passageways in the ABS/nanny systems quicker (as well as not becoming too viscous in near 0*F or lower temps).

The thicker, more track oriented DOT4 Fluids will move much slower through these systems, slowing down the ABS/nanny reaction times, (and therefore 'pulsing') which for open track use is an added benefit, along with the higher wet and dry boiling points, and less thinning out with extreme heat. [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What would you choose to use if you were just weekend cruising and ripping around on backroads occasionally and garaging for the winter? Is there say an OEM + ? For my daily focus I had the fluid changed out with some Pentosin...actually let me snap a pic of what I used. Bought 2 extra bottles of it. Wondering if it would be decent in the FiST?
That is FINE (and a great quality product as well), for your purposes.

Unless you use some racing compound pads (with or without a BBK upgrade), it will also most likely be OK for an occasional Track Night In America event (Pocono, NJMP, etc.) as well.

But, IF you ever do serious, multiple session, unlimited speed type open tracking, with racing pads, YES, you will need a better racing level fluid (or at least the Ate Typ 200 which Woods uses) to avoid brake fade, and/or 'spongy' brakes.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account

Attachments

the duke

Put the Mountune brace on. It’s a nice piece of kit. Pretty satin gold, nice welds. Quality piece.

Removing the old bolts were a bitch though. Really torqued in there, almost seized. We’ll, my Dewalt wasn’t having any of that shit and ripped them out in 2 seconds. God I love my impact.

Interested to see what it feels like this season. Driving doesn’t feel any different, but it’s just driving. There are some nice esses at PIR I can try this out on. Only other thing I’m changing are tired as they’ve got little life left and I’m putting in B6s.

Attachments

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Hooked up my new fogs. They go white or yellow, and match the LED headlights better. Road trip tonight, so I'll see how they do. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WNSKS8D/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1LGDXCZMXB2CW&psc=1
View attachment 47326
Let us know if they are brighter and how you like them. I like that they have both yellow and white on there.

*edit you can also grab these direct from iJDMtoy with coupon code HOTPIC. $68 shipped

I just grabbed a set

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Let us know if they are brighter and how you like them. I like that they have both yellow and white on there.

*edit you can also grab these direct from iJDMtoy with coupon code HOTPIC. $68 shipped

I just grabbed a set
I drove home in stormy conditions, and I can say that these fogs are great. There is a difference with how the white and yellow work. Brilliant.
The only other test is durability, and I just put them in. We'll see.

Last edited:
Drove about 4 hours to Virginia on Friday afternoon with my fiance. Got some dinner, stayed the night, only to wake the next morning to see my potential new car. :)

Saturday morning, got crap Sheetz breakfast because the local diner was too packed, went over to see the car, test drove, and immediately knew this thing was mine.

It was an absolute steal of a deal. One adult owner, 3030 miles, 2017, fully loaded (molten orange Recaros, sunroof, nav), garage kept, and tons of tasteful mods. The price was beyond reasonable IMO and we'll just leave it at that. ;)

First mod already done - Bumper Plugs paint matched plate hole plugs. No front plate needed in PA!
Second mod needed - new Maxton front lip. Unfortunately, loading a lower car, especially with a lip, on to a UHaul trailer was not very easy and, long story short, the lip gave the trailer a small kiss. New lip is on the way.

Here she is! I'm going to make a thread very soon to outline the current mod load out and plans I have going forward! PS: don't mind the weird solar flare at the bottom of the bumper there lol.
First Day Pic.jpg

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Drove about 4 hours to Virginia on Friday afternoon with my fiance. Got some dinner, stayed the night, only to wake the next morning to see my potential new car. :)

Saturday morning, got crap Sheetz breakfast because the local diner was too packed, went over to see the car, test drove, and immediately knew this thing was mine.

It was an absolute steal of a deal. One adult owner, 3030 miles, 2017, fully loaded (molten orange Recaros, sunroof, nav), garage kept, and tons of tasteful mods. The price was beyond reasonable IMO and we'll just leave it at that. ;)

First mod already done - Bumper Plugs paint matched plate hole plugs. No front plate needed in PA!
Second mod needed - new Maxton front lip. Unfortunately, loading a lower car, especially with a lip, on to a UHaul trailer was not very easy and, long story short, the lip gave the trailer a small kiss. New lip is on the way.

Here she is! I'm going to make a thread very soon to outline the current mod load out and plans I have going forward! PS: don't mind the weird solar flare at the bottom of the bumper there lol.
View attachment 47345
Sometimes, you just think, "There is a God. He's really cool, and he wants you to drive an epic car at an everyman price."

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Put the Mountune brace on. It’s a nice piece of kit. Pretty satin gold, nice welds. Quality piece.

Removing the old bolts were a bitch though. Really torqued in there, almost seized. We’ll, my Dewalt wasn’t having any of that shit and ripped them out in 2 seconds. God I love my impact.

Interested to see what it feels like this season. Driving doesn’t feel any different, but it’s just driving. There are some nice esses at PIR I can try this out on. Only other thing I’m changing are tired as they’ve got little life left and I’m putting in B6s.
That might be the only brace (along with the even thinner/flatter stamped steel DNA one) that could possibly work/fit with my Skid Plate Guy bash plate installed.

Too bad they are now so impossible to find it is like trying to find hen's teeth in a striped unicorn's mouth. [:(]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I drove home in stormy conditions, and I can say that these fogs are great. There is a difference with how the white and yellow work. Brilliant.
The only other test is durability, and I just put them in today. We'll see.
The yellow will also work well in near white-out blizzard conditions, [thumb]
Something many on here will never have to worry about. [wink]

the duke

That might be the only brace (along with the even thinner/flatter stamped steel DNA one) that could possibly work/fit with my Skid Plate Guy bash plate installed.

Too bad they are now so impossible to find it is like trying to find hen's teeth in a striped unicorn's mouth. [:(]
It's not linking the front A-arms like the 2-point traction bars, but it is more substantial bracing compred to the stamped link bars. It still links the front subframe and helps in two separate directions creating a nice triangle to support stability. So far it seems like the front it a little quieter, however headed to work tomorrow will be a real test.

I lucked out and found it on Ebay for 120 shipped brand new. I was looking at a Mountune FMIC for 250, but it was black and not silver. Good deals still exist, you just have to look for a long time

Prepping for a tune and summer in AZ. New Mountune radiator, Mountune hoses, 180 degree ford thermostat.
Fresh oil change, Also replaced junky clear boost line with a good turbosmart one. Don’t be like me and do it right the first time. Those clear lines suck parts of it was almost pinched shut.
Was getting the orange wrench light and thought oh it’s just the oil reminder I’ll reset it with the brake reset. Didn’t reset tried a bunch of times. Plugged in forscan, coolant low code. Duh, topped the coolant off, tried the brake reset, boom wrench goes off. Reset codes all good to go now. So the wrench light does let you know other issues other than oil change I did not know that before.