Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Just wondering, I stumbled across a set of "one step colder" sparkplugs on whoosh motorsports web site for our cars.. I remember some discussion about the benefits of them but forgotten.. anyone else tried them in their cars and was it a good upgrade?

Seen some uprated injectors on there too but installing them looks like a pretty hard job.. need a slide hammer to get the original injectors out and then gotta swap the thick washers over to the new injectors.. whole fuel rail has to come off ect..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
I bought these from Dizzy tuning's site before i got my stage 2 tune from Dizzy. no problems, and they came pre gapped so i didnt have to mess with it

Intuit

3000 Post Club
This was actually yesterday. ;)
The floor mats do look nice. Really I think they go better with the leather seats though. Will periodically check underneath the rear for any dampness. Unlike the stock mats, they won't be condusive to evaporation if anything gets underneath them. I don't think there's any water settling there but want to be sure.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082DKT4PX

Prior car, I had visited the textile shop and purchase some felt, then cut it to fit my cup holders. It really added to the "quality" feel of the interior -or- cut into the "cheap" appearance of it. These may have a similar impact. The deep black felt with the prior car did look nice though. I never use my cup holders and don't eat in the car. Then again one cup holder occasionally holds my phone. ;)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LLHQQBS

This should be today.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K6G7P8L
I normally put my key fob in my pocket with phone and wallet because I don't want the keys marring it up. Still looks new some six years later. Anyway, that cover will allow me to keep it with my keys.

Last edited:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Removed a little bit more weight this weekend from the door cards. ~30 lbs total. Each speaker was 2 lbs, front door cards are 6 lbs each and rears are 4 lbs each, and about 2 lbs of misc hardware and trim.
Nice, I like it! I'm considering switching to crank windows to save the weight of the motors in all 4 doors. Need to have the windows go down still for state inspection. When you remove your headliner, there is a wiring harness that goes up both a-pillars and across the leading edge of the roof. You need to leave all that plugged in as it's part of the ignition system. I'm planning to trace out the wires so I can only keep what's needed but that is low on the list for me.

Nice, I like it! I'm considering switching to crank windows to save the weight of the motors in all 4 doors. Need to have the windows go down still for state inspection. When you remove your headliner, there is a wiring harness that goes up both a-pillars and across the leading edge of the roof. You need to leave all that plugged in as it's part of the ignition system. I'm planning to trace out the wires so I can only keep what's needed but that is low on the list for me.
Yeah I was planning on doing that as well actually. I'm going to try and find the exact plug Ford used to make my own plug and play harness. According to their website, my state only requires checks for these:
  • Headlights
  • Accessory lights
  • Directional signals
  • Foot brake
  • Parking brake
  • Steering
  • Tires
  • Horn
  • Rearview mirror
  • Windshield wipers
  • Exhaust system
  • Tinted windows, if applicable
so I can hopefully remove at least the rear windows without issue. I actually found a company (albeit in UK) that makes polycarbonate window replacements for our vehicle.

https://www.plastics4performance.co...-makrolon-polycarbonate-left-rear-door-window

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Obviously technology has improved since the '70's. Our Land Rovers in N. Ireland were fitted with Makrolon belly plates and those were HEAVY!

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Yeah I was planning on doing that as well actually. I'm going to try and find the exact plug Ford used to make my own plug and play harness. According to their website, my state only requires checks for these:
  • Headlights
  • Accessory lights
  • Directional signals
  • Foot brake
  • Parking brake
  • Steering
  • Tires
  • Horn
  • Rearview mirror
  • Windshield wipers
  • Exhaust system
  • Tinted windows, if applicable
so I can hopefully remove at least the rear windows without issue. I actually found a company (albeit in UK) that makes polycarbonate window replacements for our vehicle.

https://www.plastics4performance.co...-makrolon-polycarbonate-left-rear-door-window
I have a few quotes from UK-based companies for a rear lexan replacement but it's unclear if they will pass my state inspection. That will save more weight than a CF hatch.

I love the fact that it's not noisy and doesn't attract attention.
Yeah, I was expecting it to be a bit louder. I came from stock with resonator delete. I’d say it’s just a loud maybe a bit quieter. The deep tone is awesome though. I also didn’t want to attract attention from cops and stuff so it’s perfect.

Business6

Spent an hour getting the whoosh crossover installed without removing the cowl (wipers refused to budge and didn't have anything to spray on it) then I spent another hour driving it around, so that's high praise.

I have the ramair intake with the foam filter on which is loud as hell. Having the crossover now isn't louder necessarily but holy balls is it a more full sound. I can't tell if there's any benefit beyond the sound but I don't care.

I'll likely be leaving the elbow alone given the install

brbauer2

Not today, but yesterday.

Got rear ended [emoji22]

I had just started rolling from a stop at a light when I got tapped.

Somehow the hatch didn't get touched at all, but it won't close all the way.

The other driver had insurance but got arrested for an outstanding warrant.

The initial estimate is $1300, but they'll update that when I drop it off next Monday.

For now I get to drive a rental Hyundai Elantra.

Two trips to work with it and averaging 55mpg, but it's so boring.