Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not today, but yesterday.

Got rear ended [emoji22]

I had just started rolling from a stop at a light when I got tapped.

Somehow the hatch didn't get touched at all, but it won't close all the way.

The other driver had insurance but got arrested for an outstanding warrant.

The initial estimate is $1300, but they'll update that when I drop it off next Monday.

For now I get to drive a rental Hyundai Elantra.

Two trips to work with it and averaging 55mpg, but it's so boring.
I'd say 2-3k* at least you're ok!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not today, but yesterday.

Got rear ended [emoji22]

I had just started rolling from a stop at a light when I got tapped.

Somehow the hatch didn't get touched at all, but it won't close all the way.

The other driver had insurance but got arrested for an outstanding warrant.

The initial estimate is $1300, but they'll update that when I drop it off next Monday.

For now I get to drive a rental Hyundai Elantra.

Two trips to work with it and averaging 55mpg, but it's so boring.
Glad you are ok and the car damage isn't super bad. Nice terras btw, the white and orange looks amazing

brbauer2

I'd say 2-3k* at least you're ok!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
That's what I'm feeling too. But I'll just have to front my $250 deductable and I'll get that back after a while since he was at fault.
Glad you are ok and the car damage isn't super bad. Nice terras btw, the white and orange looks amazing
I love them. Plastidipped my cheap winters white as well so I can have it all year.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Spent an hour getting the whoosh crossover installed without removing the cowl (wipers refused to budge and didn't have anything to spray on it) then I spent another hour driving it around, so that's high praise.

I have the ramair intake with the foam filter on which is loud as hell. Having the crossover now isn't louder necessarily but holy balls is it a more full sound. I can't tell if there's any benefit beyond the sound but I don't care.

I'll likely be leaving the elbow alone given the install
OTUAYAUTO Battery Terminal and Wiper Arm Puller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076PY8785/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_ZG9W4G421ZPXQ78P4PZ8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Our ST has been hit twice and we never had to pay the deductible. It takes a week or so longer, but rather than going through our own insurance company, we went through the other person's insurance company. It took about a week longer, but we didn't have to pay anything or wait on a refund.

Our ST has been hit twice and we never had to pay the deductible. It takes a week or so longer, but rather than going through our own insurance company, we went through the other person's insurance company. It took about a week longer, but we didn't have to pay anything or wait on a refund.
yea, my first car was hit and totaled. It's been quite a few years, but I'm pretty sure I went through the other person's insurance, and I don't remember paying my deductable.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Because it’s such trash you’ll need a new every month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure if you are trying to be funny or serious. There are fairly advanced algorithms that run and predict customer behavior. The fact that the item is #1 in it's category of replacement items likely plays a factor. I've used mine on multiple cars many times, probably breaking loose 4 pairs of wipers initially and removing them from my ST another dozen times. It's well made..

Not sure if you are trying to be funny or serious. There are fairly advanced algorithms that run and predict customer behavior. The fact that the item is #1 in it's category of replacement items likely plays a factor. I've used mine on multiple cars many times, probably breaking loose 4 pairs of wipers initially and removing them from my ST another dozen times. It's well made..
It’s mostly a joke. I bought a cheap bearing puller that offered subscribe and save and I broke it. Got the bearing off so I didn’t need it anymore but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
IMG_20220521_112425926.jpg
Bled my brakes and clutch using typhoonfist's method. Once I figured out how to do it, it was fast and easy, even for someone who's not super mechanically inclined like me. The only issue I had was that the driver rear bleeder was missing it's rubber protector and it was dirty so the fluid wouldn't go through it. I just let it run out on the caliper then hosed it off to keep the fluid from messing up the paint, obviously less than ideal.

Bled my brakes and clutch using typhoonfist's method. Once I figured out how to do it, it was fast and easy, even for someone who's not super mechanically inclined like me. The only issue I had was that the driver rear bleeder was missing it's rubber protector and it was dirty so the fluid wouldn't go through it. I just let it run out on the caliper then hosed it off to keep the fluid from messing up the paint, obviously less than ideal.
Hell yeah, good stuff. Excited to get my Fiesta back so I can finally work through the fluids. Was hoping you were going to end up saying this job was nice and easy! Have never had to brakes myself so that's on the list.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hell yeah, good stuff. Excited to get my Fiesta back so I can finally work through the fluids. Was hoping you were going to end up saying this job was nice and easy! Have never had to brakes myself so that's on the list.
It is easy, once you figure out what to do!
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/clutch-bleeding-procedure.29184/#post-476125
Here's a thread with all my questions about it. Also, there's a good video in there.

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Nice, I like it! I'm considering switching to crank windows to save the weight of the motors in all 4 doors. Need to have the windows go down still for state inspection. When you remove your headliner, there is a wiring harness that goes up both a-pillars and across the leading edge of the roof. You need to leave all that plugged in as it's part of the ignition system. I'm planning to trace out the wires so I can only keep what's needed but that is low on the list for me.
You can have all 4 of the roll up window cards (provided I didn't already throw some away) from my sedan for free and anything else from the sedan but you have to come get them yourself before they go in the dumpster. I'm in South Central PA. I'm serious but you would have to come soon as I can't have 2 cars spread out all over the shop. I'm quitting as soon as my sedan ST project is road worthy.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Installed Hawk HP+ pads and Centric cryo-treated rotors in front. Would have preferred another set of slotted rotors but they're on back-order. So far, very impressed with the pads and looking forward to trying them out on the track in a few weeks.