Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
The tv episode is live on YouTube!!!! See what I look like in the attached picture, so proud of how far I’ve come and what I’ve done at my age
Very cool! I'm also of the software engineer/CompSci/IT background myself. Great to see how far this build has come in a short time.

the duke

Oil change and alignment at the local dealer. Maybe I lucked out, but I never seem to have bad experiences with them for service (or buying the car initially). Pleasant. It put me in a good mood.

Now the car is realigned after 70k miles and new Bilsteins. I also know where my SPC camber bolts gave me.

Attachments

the duke

View: https://youtu.be/bFCo82T1kLw
The tv episode is live on YouTube!!!! See what I look like in the attached picture, so proud of how far I’ve come and what I’ve done at my age
Get into track days! See what the car can do, and you can start programming your own maps!
Looks like it was a great meet. Nice to hear your reputation precedes you in the interview.

Very cool! I'm also of the software engineer/CompSci/IT background myself. Great to see how far this build has come in a short time.
Thank you so much Jabbit! Really excited for what my future holds with this car, future cars and my studies. Thank you for your hand in making the car what it is

Get into track days! See what the car can do, and you can start programming your own maps!
Looks like it was a great meet. Nice to hear your reputation precedes you in the interview.
I so badly wanna do track days and drag days, they happen very often here. It becomes a whos x is bigger and who’s wallet is deeper though when you get competitive and have a fast car. Really want to start tuning cars, it’ll be an acceptable job path that my mom will accept 😂 she doesn’t want me becoming a mechanic! And I had no idea my reputation precedes me to such an extent where Ciro De Siena knows who I am!

That's awesome that you got featured by them! Also, that meet looks fun!
Thank you! I am also very thankful for the opportunity to have been interviewed. I have also been accepted into one of my countries biggest car show, called Slammed at the lake. They take so few cars every year and they chose me as one of them. Now to get into a magazine and then into a magazine cover! Goals!!!!

the duke

Plug day bros. All plugs are even and the electrode and porcelain is good. Little sooty but hey, it’s a high boost DI motor. Importantly none are any different than the others. The black on the threads is some burnt antiseize.

All I have to do is swap pads and the car is ready for a track battle!

Attachments

the duke

I so badly wanna do track days and drag days, they happen very often here. It becomes a whos x is bigger and who’s wallet is deeper though when you get competitive and have a fast car. Really want to start tuning cars, it’ll be an acceptable job path that my mom will accept 😂 she doesn’t want me becoming a mechanic! And I had no idea my reputation precedes me to such an extent where Ciro De Siena knows who I am!
Listen to your mom and at least finish the degree. It’ll give you options as the automotive landscape is pretty bumpy. Besides, if tuning doesn’t workout then it’s a fallback. Never a bad thing to have a set plan. Remember if things stay a hobby it’ll always be fun. When your hobby becomes a job you risk loainf that hobby.

Code P0039 is now gone, boost issue fixed. Now I have code P0017, timing is out. Had my timing adjusted and cam belt done April 2021. Surely it doesn’t need the cambelt serviced again?

I did replace the plugs but maybe the timing being out could be the reason some miss fires but since the plugs have been redone no more misfires. I think I put the actuator a little tops loose. It’s boosting 1.8bar now but doesn’t feel strong like it was. I’ve been quoted 7000 ZAR to check my timing and cambelt service which is a ton of money! Any suggestions here as it was recently done

Business6

What did I do, I wished it was back. It's been in the shop for damage repair 2 weeks now. It feels like a year! I need my little rocket back.
My car's been at a dealer since July 6th. They ordered the new engine and clutch within a week but are, somehow, still awaiting the goddamn clutch. Doesn't seem likely I'll get it back before my wife goes back to teaching next week so I'm probably screwed. Pretty rad