Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Same brake fluid I have and will use for the brakes AND the clutch whenever I get around to it.

It is about as good as it gets for a DOT 4 LV fluid, as far as boiling points/specs/etc. goes. [thumb]

If that is the 'fast road' VT mount, I've had mine on the car for about 2+ years now. It is damn near perfect as far as I'm concerned. [wink]
Next bottle will be ATE SL.6 better price when you include shipping. Definitely need 2 bottles if you want to get it super clean.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Easy I used a pressure bleeder. The brake fluid was over 5 years old. Should probably do it every 3 years. I believe @TyphoonFiST has done a write up on pressure bleeding the brakes.

This bleeder to be exact....easy as blueberry pie.

Amazon.com: Motive Products 0108 Brake System Power Bleeder For Most Late Model GM Cars and Trucks : Automotive

and these also...

Amazon.com: Motive Products 1820 Brake Fluid Catch Bottle Kit : Automotive

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I followed typhoon's method and it was easy. I have a thread on it.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/clutch-bleeding-procedure.29184/page-2
I would highly recommend that y'all bleed your clutch fluid at the same time as your brake fluid. It's easy once you're already in there and will help prolong the life of the slave cylinder.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I followed typhoon's method and it was easy. I have a thread on it.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/clutch-bleeding-procedure.29184/page-2
I would highly recommend that y'all bleed your clutch fluid at the same time as your brake fluid. It's easy once you're already in there and will help prolong the life of the slave cylinder.

Some have even speculated that the sticking to the floor clutch pedal might be as a result of way too old, worn out, moisture laden brake fluid, so yeah, it pays to try this FIRST before throwing parts and $$$$$ labor at it, unless the master or slave are visibly leaking.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did gearbox oil change yesterday, air filter clean also cleaned the MAF and MAP sensors, intake manifold a little. I recommend cleaning them at least once a month.. They rob power and responsiveness slowly over time. I put less oil on the air filter this time too so hopefully it doesn't dirty the sensors so much now.

Car drives so much better and is far more energetic and smoother.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Ran another quart of brake fluid through the system including the clutch. Clutch engagement is definitely better engages sooner. Car is over 5 years old now you will need 2 quarts of fluid to get the system clean. Probably should do this every 3 years.