Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

I did something I hate doing. Automatic car wash… 😑

When I bought the car (just about a month ago), it was already covered in rock chips and scratches and shit. So it’s not like it’s a pristine specimen that I’m running thru the wet and swirly scratch machine. 12D57149-4F48-4786-8DBC-4A0CE8B37D58.jpeg

Last edited:
Hit a pothole blew a tire and then was pleasantly surprised I didn't have a donut(forgot previous owner swapped a full-size spare). I will admit it was a biatch pulling that full size out as it was wedged so tight I had to bleed air out first lol then air it back up. Also that spare had the same Kumhos I had on my last car. Guess its time I swap out to my crap weather tires and have 4 of the same on again. Thankfully the Firestone 500s are at end of life so I didn't worry too much about it being junked.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I did something I hate doing. Automatic car wash… 😑

When I bought the car (just about a month ago), it was already covered in rock chips and scratches and shit. So it’s not like it’s a pristine specimen that I’m running thru the wet and swirly scratch machine. View attachment 51854
I hate these things like the effing plague, but I may be forced to use them soon as well, since there is basically NO WAY to self hand wash this car at my present locale. (NOT the one in my avatar.)

The closest hand wash is about 10 miles away, and they want $50.00 for only a hand exterior wash, with nothing else included, and I doubt that they do a very good job even for that exorbitant price.

Mine has never ONCE been through one of these paint killers in the 6 years I've owned it since new delivery.

What I have been doing, and it is FAR from ideal, is washing it during whatever heavy rains we get, but usually that means an air dry the next day, in the sun, so yeah, serious water spots anyway. :mad:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Track day today, Thompson CT. Blew an intercooler pipe during the first session but got it secured and had a great second session. I'm definitely looking forward to installing my Whoosh BBK kit with ebc Blue pads. Right now on slotted rotors with EBC yellows and it's not been the most confidence inspiring.

Edit: Can't wait to get an LSD in this thing, so much lost time looking for grip.

20221016_135115.jpg

Track day today, Thompson CT. Blew an intercooler pipe during the first session but got it secured and had a great second session. I'm definitely looking forward to installing my Whoosh BBK kit with ebc Blue pads. Right now on slotted rotors with EBC yellows and it's not been the most confidence inspiring.

Edit: Can't wait to get an LSD in this thing, so much lost time looking for grip.

View attachment 51865
Jealous. I wanted to head down to Thompson today but as of yesterday I'm on my spare wheel after a tire mishap😢.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Jealous. I wanted to head down to Thompson today but as of yesterday I'm on my spare wheel after a tire mishap😢.
Bummer sorry! Head up to Club Motorsports in Tamworth on 11/5. I'll be there and another Fiesta owner will be as well. Happy to give a ride along if you are interested.

Not today, but yesterday I upgraded my headlight bulbs to the Techmax Mini LED’s. Huge difference. I drive a bunch of twisty unlit back roads thru the forest on my way to and from work every day. The stock halogens were a bit sketchy at best. Car also came with a dead fog light, so I ordered some of the iJDMtoy LED fog lights. Both of these options were highly reviewed here on the forums.

Said goodbye to mine as it left with its new owner, it was a great five years in a very fun car I had so many amazing memories with. I didn't get to enjoy as much as id have liked to. But now that I'm moving overseas for a few years it was time to say goodbye and allow someone else to really enjoy it.

IMG_8605.jpeg

I hate these things like the effing plague, but I may be forced to use them soon as well, since there is basically NO WAY to self hand wash this car at my present locale. (NOT the one in my avatar.)

The closest hand wash is about 10 miles away, and they want $50.00 for only a hand exterior wash, with nothing else included, and I doubt that they do a very good job even for that exorbitant price.

Mine has never ONCE been through one of these paint killers in the 6 years I've owned it since new delivery.

What I have been doing, and it is FAR from ideal, is washing it during whatever heavy rains we get, but usually that means an air dry the next day, in the sun, so yeah, serious water spots anyway. :mad:
have you looked into NoRinse rinse less wash? i decided to go with that as i have street parking and it's amazing. if you're allowed to use a spray bottlen you can hand wash your car. YT it. I was impressed with the results. like "ready for clay bar" level of clean.

Said goodbye to mine as it left with its new owner, it was a great five years in a very fun car I had so many amazing memories with. I didn't get to enjoy as much as id have liked to. But now that I'm moving overseas for a few years it was time to say goodbye and allow someone else to really enjoy it.

View attachment 51960
S1ESTA wins for best license. This competition is over. Give 'em the trophy. We're done here.

View attachment 51960
I’ve seen that plate in IN - Indy?

anyways, best of luck abroad

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
have you looked into NoRinse rinse less wash? i decided to go with that as i have street parking and it's amazing. if you're allowed to use a spray bottlen you can hand wash your car. YT it. I was impressed with the results. like "ready for clay bar" level of clean.
Yeah, technically I am not even supposed to be doing that! :mad:
But yes, I am considering that stuff, and some sort of 'quick' ceramic spray coating going forward. [thumb]

Even though today I went over it with some Poor Boys detailer, after washing it in that torrential rain we got here (Princeton) yesterday early evening.

If I do any detailing type stuff during the middle of the day, or at dusk, there is less attention paid, it seems.

Saturday I ran one of my favorite day drives. The 101 loop in Washington State. I started in Mountlake Terrace, dropped down into Edmonds and took the ferry across to Kingston, passed through Sequim where you can find great road names like "Hooker Road" and "Kitchen Dick Road", sorry for the crappy pic quality. Port Angeles is next and then on to one of the best driving roads I've found in the state. The 101 snakes around the south side of Lake Crescent, terrific twisties if you can get some open road in front of you. Then on down to Beaver followed by Forks, yes the place where that twilight shit supposedly happened. After that it's over to the western most coast and past Queets and back inland a bit to Humptulips, gotta love these names. Everywhere along the Lake Crescent to Humptulips stretch is full of twisty sections followed by long straight-aways made for passing any and everything in your way. I didn't count how many people I passed but it was dozens. Did I mention 95% of this is tree-lined, two-lane blacktop? I like to break off the 101 here for a bit and head to Ocean Shores, drive out on the beach and check out some of touristy junk. Lunch at the local IGA where they have a great selection of deep fried heart attack food I don't have access to at home, and back to the hwy headed east this time to McCleary. Head north to avoid Olympia and some of the worst weekend traffic in the state. Through Shelton and my old stomping grounds of Belfair and Port Orchard over to I-5 for the blast back home. Over all 406 Miles, a little over 9 hours, and a bunch fun in the FiST! Can't wait to do it again next year when we finally dry out again.

101.JPG
102.JPG
103.JPG
20221015_130843.jpg

Got my tires rotated this morning and they said I have a bent rim. That’s good because it justifies me replacing them when these tires are worn out. Then I changed the oil. Went with some AMSOIL. I’m interested to see how much of a difference it makes.

First time putting on RT660s after being on the Feddy RSs and a 615k

Me likey, but i had to go 205/40 instead of 215 on my 17s to solve the slight rubbing issue especially with passengers because im too stubborn to raise the car.
so im losing initial bite compared to the RSs, plus these are more expensive :cry:
I miss the beefier sidewall. its amazing how something so small in detail can actually make a huge difference in both looks and feel.
It's kind of weird tho, i also miss that road noise the feddys made, some dont like it, I grew to enjoy it.

But overall, these tires are pretty darn impressive, i feel like they have just as much grip in corners and still make me feel confident enough to punch through.