Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Today, I installed the powerflex transmission insert and also installed a new accessory drive belt for my ST as it is higher mileage at at 171xxx km. I replaced the original motorcraft one with a Bando belt. The motorcraft belt still looked good; no frays or cracks. I was pleasantly surprised that the accessory drive belt for this car is very easy to do. IMG_20201019_181920.jpg IMG_20201019_192931.jpg IMG_20201019_211532.jpg IMG_20201019_211553.jpg

it says the video is private

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
Sorry, I put the video private because I reverted back to stock license plate location. I figured it was a bad idea, since it's going to essentially be plowing snow during the winter. Also, don't want the attention from the cops since I just want to drive and not worry about getting pulled over for no license plate. I put it back to public for now if you want to see. =]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Today, I installed the powerflex transmission insert and also installed a new accessory drive belt for my ST as it is higher mileage at at 171xxx km. I replaced the original motorcraft one with a Bando belt. The motorcraft belt still looked good; no frays or cracks. I was pleasantly surprised that the accessory drive belt for this car is very easy to do. View attachment 35440 View attachment 35441 View attachment 35442 View attachment 35443
Did you check all of the pullies/idlers/etc., for play/binding while you were in there with the cover off?

Did you check all of the pullies/idlers/etc., for play/binding while you were in there with the cover off?
Ya I did. Everything felt good, no play or binding, except the idler pulley, the one closest to the front end of the car, right below the alternator pulley. That one had a little in and out play. Not sure if that's normal or ok. It's cheap though and easy enough to do if I should replace it.

I did powerflex inserts in my trans and upper mount a few months ago. Minimal NVH. What is your take on the NVH difference?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Not OP but I also installed the power flex race inserts about 2 months ago. I only noticed a little more vibration in the steering wheel in the warmer months but now that it's getting colder it's definitely more noticeable. Also a weird drone around 2,000 RPMs.

I did powerflex inserts in my trans and upper mount a few months ago. Minimal NVH. What is your take on the NVH difference?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The nvh isn't bad at all. It's most noticeable during cold start up and then it settles down after a couple minutes like normal. There is noticeably more nvh when starting to accelerate from a stop especially when engaging into 1st gear. . Otherwise, just slightly noisier overall but tolerable. Shifting is significantly better now too. Even with the thicker gear oil I'm using ,motul gear 300, which is like wrestling with the shifter in the winter, I noticed shifting was much smoother and less notchy this morning and it was cold 3 degrees celcius.

DAW

Yeah, nice sized turbo, full bolt ons with a tubular manifold, more fuel, and ethanol or their route(I’d choose pump ethanol myself) and anyone can get that whp. It’s it worth the money is the question? Yes and no hah.
I had a 420whp 9thgen si(when it was new) and I couldn’t really use it being fwd, still fun to surprise some v8s but lower gears, forget about it, spin city. Unless someone has created a boost by gear for our cars?