Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Hit a pothole so fucking hard I think I broke at least one TPMS. Lost a fair bit of air in both driver side tires.

So new tires coming Monday but time to do musical chairs: 205/40/17 ws80 blizzaks (3-4 seasons old) on stock wheels being removed and tossed. Stock wheels go back in the closet. Summer set up with RPF-1s go on and the 205/50/16 Indy 500s get swapped with same size Firestone Winterforce 2s.

It'll just keep happening until I break a wheel or blow a tire out with the low profile tires. Love the gearing, love the razor-like response but nah, man, I need that sidewall.
I just put on 205-50/16 indy's and what a difference. Not sure what 205-45/16 feels like, so I went all the way since it's my DD.

Agreed. The 17's hook, but the constant bouncing and jarring was annoying. The 17s will be my winter setup since I have actual winter tires on the Mazda 5.

Long time ago I bent both passenger rims on my Volvo. 2 years later, the drivers side. What luck

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Business6

Swapped out the blizzaks in stock size on the stock wheels for my baller winter set up: Firestone Winterforce snow tires on RPF-1s. I really don't think I can use 17" wheels on the car again.

Also, as far as ride quality and comfort is concerned holy balls this is a totally different car with these tires. Way more vagueness in steering and obviously I'm not going to push it much but this is what I imagine it feels like when people talk about going to 205/50/16 which has not been my experience with this size up until now.

These tires are noticeably more chonky than my firehawks in the same size, lol

Attachments

brbauer2

Put about 20 miles on the FiST going back and forth to the parts store [emoji854] and almost hit 75k. Will be there tomorrow on my way to work.

Winter beater Cherokee needed some love. New exhaust from the block all the way back and some new engine mounts. Also got the parts to do the front axle u-joints next weekend.
Just a small crack in the exhaust manifold.

Custom 2-piece engine mount.

Intake and exhaust removed.

Shiny $50 eBay special manifold [emoji41]

DangerMouse

Installed the Tb performance 4 point gusset bar today, replacing my rusty 2 point traction bar. I wasn‘t expecting much of a difference but wow the car just feels so much tighter and smoother. Install was easy peasy and it looks great too! Sorry no pics, i wasn’t going to post about it but after the test drive i felt i had to.

joesiris

Yeah, I have to wash/Collinite mine this week, before it gets to the point that the water freezes as soon as it hits the car! [:(]
i actually did that once...i had cars and coffee in the morning and i got off work late so i went home washed it real quick but the sun had started to set so the last bit of water on the car started freezing right before my eyes. it was a nightmare to try to dry at that point so i left it hoping it didnt have an adverse effect on the paint, it was fine.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did the winter oil change today, since I want to do the wash/wax tomorrow when it will be much warmer.

Ravenol DXG 5W-30 and Fram ULTRA 3600 filter in @ 27,575 miles, and
drained about 2 ounces out of the Damond OCC, and switched out the black glacier Cerakoted CP-E twin tip tailpipe for a 3" single straight stainless pipe with the same coating on it, as well.

Once I install a Mountune (or the like) aftermarket radiator, I will probably have to go back to the OEM size, Fram ULTRA 3614 filter, since the 3600 will DEFINITELY NOT fit with anything but the factory radiator. [wink]

Last edited:

joesiris

Did the wash and Collinite 845 today.

That should protect it until the single 'February thaw' we usually get every year, if it stays too cold to wash/wax until then.
i cant imagine living in the cold like that. i have lived in the south (and hawaii) all my life and dont think of things like not being able to do some mundane things cuz of weather

Replaced my front right side rotor and the parts guy gave me the wrong rotor for a regular fiesta. It's smaller in diameter by about an inch, but it works. If you're on a budget; it works lol.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Only just got mine and not tried launch control. Is it worth using ?
Is this a Mk8??

The Mk7s did not come from the factory with launch control and the only way to get it is with a Cobb AP, and an aftermarket tune (at least here in the states/North America, don't know what tuning devices you use over on the other side of the pond).

Business6

Installed the Tb performance 4 point gusset bar today, replacing my rusty 2 point traction bar. I wasn‘t expecting much of a difference but wow the car just feels so much tighter and smoother. Install was easy peasy and it looks great too! Sorry no pics, i wasn’t going to post about it but after the test drive i felt i had to.
How's the ground clearance? I really want to get this one but i've got some really shitty crowns and depressions I have to drive through each day. Even riding higher on 205/50s I sometimes have trouble with bumper clearance.

DangerMouse

How's the ground clearance? I really want to get this one but i've got some really shitty crowns and depressions I have to drive through each day. Even riding higher on 205/50s I sometimes have trouble with bumper clearance.
It is pretty tight to the bottom of the car. Still clears my Airtec hot side pipe with plenty of room. Compared to the whoosh 2 point bar there is quite a bit of clearance. I have only driven a couple miles to test it out, but it looks like i shouldn’t have any problems. I’m on swift springs and koni orange and would always hit or scrape with the old bar.

They are doing an early Black Friday sale, 20% off. I am going to order the other 4 point brace that goes behind this one and the trunk brace.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did the winter oil change today, since I want to do the wash/wax tomorrow when it will be much warmer.

Ravenol DXG 5W-30 and Fram ULTRA 3600 filter in @ 27,575 miles, and
drained about 2 ounces out of the Damond OCC, and switched out the black glacier Cerakoted CP-E twin tip tailpipe for a 3" single straight stainless pipe with the same coating on it, as well.

Once I install a Mountune (or the like) aftermarket radiator, I will probably have to go back to the OEM size, Fram ULTRA 3614 filter, since the 3600 will DEFINITELY NOT fit with anything but the factory radiator. [wink]
Post some photos of the single tip? Been thinking about doing this as well or doing a turn down with pie cuts.

Business6

It is pretty tight to the bottom of the car. Still clears my Airtec hot side pipe with plenty of room. Compared to the whoosh 2 point bar there is quite a bit of clearance. I have only driven a couple miles to test it out, but it looks like i shouldn’t have any problems. I’m on swift springs and koni orange and would always hit or scrape with the old bar.

They are doing an early Black Friday sale, 20% off. I am going to order the other 4 point brace that goes behind this one and the trunk brace.
Sweet, thanks for the heads-up.

I've got the trunk brace and was pleasantly surprised by the results. Definitely recommended

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Post some photos of the single tip? Been thinking about doing this as well or doing a turn down with pie cuts.
If it clears up early enough tomorrow, I will get some pics.

It would be REALLY easy to do a single straight 3" rally style tip/pipe on a Thermal muffler, as you do not have to roll a swivel joint flare into the inner end of the pipe like I had to do in order to match up with the CP-E system, just maybe a single Torca style slot (or two) in the end, and a 1.5" stainless band clamp. [thumb]

I think that I already posted some pics of the Ultimate Racing turndown tip somewhere on here, back when I had that one installed, but I cannot find them now.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I can angle the pipe to be more up into the valence cutout (due to the swivel joint/clamp), but I did not want to give the rain/car washing water a downhill path into the back section piping. [wink]

1606162301522.png
1606162422946.png 1606162301522.png

Yup, of course the twin tips do fill up/fill out the valance cutout much more than a single does, and 99.99999% of everyone on here will prefer that, and will absolutely HATE ON this 'look'.

But, I have never seen a rally car with twin tip outlets yet, so if one is going after that look, and wants the lightest option on the very end of their system due to rough roads/excessive vibrations acting on that back clamp, it is the way to go. [wink]

Last edited:

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Took the FiST up to the dealer for an oil change for free with my FordPass points they gave us for buying the car, then after lunch took off the summer tires and put the Yokohama snows back on. Would have taken pictures but it started raining just after I torqued the front lugs and realized the tires are unidirectional and you can't rotate them side to side and I had to finish in a hurry before it got really wet out.