Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Tried to do the symposer delete, but couldnt even get those clamps off with a vicegrip.
Anyone have any tips on how to get them wiggled out?

haste

1000 Post Club
This is what you need. I had to purchase this tool when I was working in a shop due to basically every Chrysler minivan having a coolant leak.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003D3N7YW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_6SGH3GD60M9JXNTRYH9Z

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Yarp. I bought a pair from a local auto parts store and still use them to this day on heavy duty trucks. They work in quite a few different scenarios but only specific type clamps.

Get a long, curved set of pliers.
This is what you need. I had to purchase this tool when I was working in a shop due to basically every Chrysler minivan having a coolant leak.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003D3N7YW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_6SGH3GD60M9JXNTRYH9
Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
love you guys
I had a long straight set but they were on the thinner side. A curved one would definitely help with the limited space

Last night I was with my buddies driving down the road when a BMW possibly a older 335i was being a douche tailgating me so then he got on the opposite lane to try to pass me, I was in 3rd going let’s say 30 I floored it and I kept up literally being next to eachother for quite a bit until I let off because I saw some headlights in the rear view. I wonder how he felt lol. Dizzy stage 2 and I can imagine what would of happened if I had my E30 tune lol. Btw I had an extra 500 pounds in the car haha

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Had someone in a poverty spec sti try that crap.
( base rex with an sti wing and a crappy cheap sounding catback) try that. I just kept going my speed.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Tried to do the symposer delete, but couldnt even get those clamps off with a vicegrip.
Large, extra-long, curved-tip needle nose pliers. That's it.

Edit: I bought them to access the hoses on my Suzuki Vstrom throttle bodies to hook up a DIY fluid TB synchro gauge, but who knew they would come in handy later on!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Had someone in a poverty spec sti try that crap.
( base rex with an sti wing and a crappy cheap sounding catback) try that. I just kept going my speed.
Lots of gaps tonight. I can’t wait until it’s warm all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally installed a whoosh v3 IC. Thank you Ron! No doubt this is the largest factory fit. After installing, I think my hood gap went away! Install only took 2 hours from deciding to do it, till putting tools away. Including smoke and beer breaks. No need to jack car. Turned wheels a few times to access screws.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Finally installed a whoosh v3 IC. Thank you Ron! No doubt this is the largest factory fit. After installing, I think my hood gap went away! Install only took 2 hours from deciding to do it, till putting tools away. Including smoke and beer breaks. No need to jack car. Turned wheels a few times to access screws.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Good to know. How did you get to the fender screws?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I sadly walked by mine today, again, to get in the Mazduh and go to work. I refuse to drive in the salt since I have a 'junker' (winter, cargo, trailering) car. We got one partial day of small rain, but today it's going to rain all day! Unfortunately, most people are off work, so many cars will not get washed off. I'll have to look at the forecast and maybe wait for another day of weekday rain before I drive my baby. It's been at least five weeks or longer. Boo hoo, woe is me...

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I sadly walked by mine today, again, to get in the Mazduh and go to work. I refuse to drive in the salt since I have a 'junker' (winter, cargo, trailering) car. We got one partial day of small rain, but today it's going to rain all day! Unfortunately, most people are off work, so many cars will not get washed off. I'll have to look at the forecast and maybe wait for another day of weekday rain before I drive my baby. It's been at least five weeks or longer. Boo hoo, woe is me...
Same here. I'm not driving it in the salt soup when I have a winter beater that has much better paint. ;)

pixelzombie

I put the car on ramps and removed it from the bottom of the car. I had both clamps off, but the hose was stuck. It took some wd-40 and some prying to get it to release.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, they dump soooo effing much of that shit on the roads around here that it is going to take a week straight of steady, round the clock downpours, to flush all of it away. [mad] [:(]