Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
With a 1/4 inch ratchet ...extension and a swivel*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
And put painter's tape on the edges where the extension goes. It's easy, cheap and avoids chipping not while turning, but bringing it up and down the gap. Mind the gap!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Yeah, they dump soooo effing much of that shit on the roads around here that it is going to take a week straight of steady, round the clock downpours, to flush all of it away. [mad] [:(]
Yep, I drove up that Thursday morning while it was sleeting, snowing, blowing and growing. I saw at least 6 cars on the shoulders between DC and Philly. I'll grab the video links I take on my next break. (no phones/PED allowed)

View: https://youtu.be/6jjTEuJfXlI

View: https://youtu.be/OVMHDEQYbFI

Last edited:
I’ve been driving on the salty roads way more than I would have liked to with the snow over the past couple weeks (Northern VA). But I go through a car wash that does undercarriage at least once a week when I’ve been driving over salt..

Side note, over the past couple weeks I’ve seen 1 orange FiST, and another black one with white Sparco rims. Any of you guys? One seen in Woodbridge, the other in Arlington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I’ve been driving on the salty roads way more than I would have liked to with the snow over the past couple weeks (Northern VA). But I go through a car wash that does undercarriage at least once a week when I’ve been driving over salt.
ANY time the temps are high enough to prevent water from instantly solidifying, I blast the whole underside, wheel wells, under the sills, suspension, etc. with an electric power washer (less pressure than most gas powered models, so less chance of damages, or stripping the chassis paint off, thus allowing the salt enabled/exacerbated cancer to attack 100x more quickly).

Didn’t work on my car much today. But finally got my hands on a white ST. Always wanted a white one. Who here is running their heatshields with a larger turbo? I have an s280 with mine on but the car I wrenched on today didn’t have one and everything seemed fine.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Didn’t work on my car much today. But finally got my hands on a white ST. Always wanted a white one. Who here is running their heatshields with a larger turbo? I have an s280 with mine on but the car I wrenched on today didn’t have one and everything seemed fine.

I Run a Gen2 GTX2860R....no heat shield. No issues either. I think those that do are trying to hid from the Inspectors of the smog police. I've been told by multiple BT owners who have said no need. A couple do Roll racing with Tubular manifolds also and are ceramic coated. I will be going down this road soon enough with my DHM360R kit I picked up. Thought about the heat issue....but was told otherwise.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I’ve been driving on the salty roads way more than I would have liked to with the snow over the past couple weeks (Northern VA). But I go through a car wash that does undercarriage at least once a week when I’ve been driving over salt..

Side note, over the past couple weeks I’ve seen 1 orange FiST, and another black one with white Sparco rims. Any of you guys? One seen in Woodbridge, the other in Arlington
I never get near the beltway anymore. I see one FiST w/female driver here in Sterling, but no opportunity to chat. A couple FoST's too.

What wash service do you use? Monthly/yearly membership?

I wish I had gotten my SVT wheels done in white, not blue.

I never get near the beltway anymore. I see one FiST w/female driver here in Sterling, but no opportunity to chat. A couple FoST's too.

What wash service do you use? Monthly/yearly membership?

I wish I had gotten my SVT wheels done in white, not blue.

I’m always going the opposite way of other FiST drivers, see a ton of FoST’s and had one of them revving at me the other day.

I wash my car at Whitehorse on route 1. They have a monthly subscription just haven’t done that yet. They also vacuum the inside and clean the windows inside and out.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

I run the heat shield with my S280. Brings down IAT quite a bit. So easy to reinstall I don't know why you wouldn't.

Edit: To be clear, I started without the heat shield so I could go back and recheck bolt torque and inspect for leaks. Once everything was shaken down, I put the heat shield back and saw a measureable difference in IAT's and charge temperatures. Keeping heat away from wires, coolant lines, and the intake is a good thing. I don't see any downside other than difficulty in checking for leaks from the top of the engine bay

Last edited: