Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

^^^How deep was that crater?!?! [ohcrap][:(]

I’m thinking it was from this pothole I hit the day before, it was no signs that it was failing till I kept on hearing a thumping noise in the way from work. Pulled over checked under the hood seen nothing, popped the hood seen nothing till I took a glance upward.

(This is some of the reason why I want gravel rally strength, inverted front dampers, and bombproof top mounts, and no lowering. [wink])
What happened?!?!?

Honestly have no clue I’m guessing it was the pothole I hit the day before, cause I didn’t hit any bumps leaving work.
Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Were those oem or non-oem strut mounts?
Oem mounts with whiteline springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 with 70,000 on stock suspension. I have swift spec springs arriving. I want to refresh the strut mounts and whatever else anyone thinks I should swap out while I’m in there. Can anyone point me toward a refresher kit? It doesn’t look like Ron has anything on his site. Mountune only has rear spring pads.

At the very least I probably want to replace the front strut mounts with my mileage?

Erick_V

If I was in there I'd at least buy new strut mounts. Everything else should be ok. I'm super hard on my car with AutoX and other than some squeaky strut tops at low speed on my BC Coils (around 40k on them) nothing else has caused me trouble.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
2016 with 70,000 on stock suspension. I have swift spec springs arriving. I want to refresh the strut mounts and whatever else anyone thinks I should swap out while I’m in there. Can anyone point me toward a refresher kit? It doesn’t look like Ron has anything on his site. Mountune only has rear spring pads.

At the very least I probably want to replace the front strut mounts with my mileage?

With the pounding our rides take on the totally bombed-out roads in this state, and doing all of that work anyway, I would just throw some Bilstein B6es on with the Swifts since you have everything apart already (unless you really just cannot budget that right now).

Of course there are many on here who claim that combo actually negates the lowering of the Swifts, which in my case/needs, I WISH were true, since I want the higher spring rate of the Swifts, without any lowering at all, or very minimal (like under 0.50") lowering.

With the pounding our rides take on the totally bombed-out roads in this state, and doing all of that work anyway, I would just throw some Bilstein B6es on with the Swifts since you have everything apart already (unless you really just cannot budget that right now).

Of course there are many on here who claim that combo actually negates the lowering of the Swifts, which in my case/needs, I WISH were true, since I want the higher spring rate of the Swifts, without any lowering at all, or very minimal (like under 0.50") lowering.
So how much lower is the Bilstein / Swift combo than stock?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So how much will my car be lowered with the Swift / stock struts?? Hopefully more than a quarter inch!

Most who have that combo do claim a full inch lowering, or very close to it.

It is the oft disputed, back and forth flame wars which state some static ride height raising, or not, ONLY with the Bilstein dampers (and NOT the Koni Sport yellows).

Fiestig

Most who have that combo do claim a full inch lowering, or very close to it.

It is the oft disputed, back and forth flame wars which state some static ride height raising, or not, ONLY with the Bilstein dampers (and NOT the Koni Sport yellows).
B6/Swift lowering is near 1". 7/8" at install to be exact. Tis perfect for me. I will load some pics tomorrow. The only reason stocks would be different is how worn the stockers are. I had just installed new stock struts with swift springs to start and the lowering was 3/4" at install. The ride was fine, but the b6/swift ride is just so much better that I wouldn't waste my time with stock struts/shocks

Last edited:

Mikey456

B6/Swift lowering is near 1". 7/8" at install to be exact. Tis perfect for me. I will load some pics tomorrow. The only reason stocks would be different is how worn the stockers are. I had just installed new stock struts with swift springs to start and the lowering was 3/4" at install. The ride was fine, but the b6/swift ride is just so much better that I wouldn't waste my time with stock struts/shocks
Good info ^^ Are you staying with the B6/swift combo or still experimenting?

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This has me wondering what all of the members on here did 'wrong' on their installs, when they claim (and show pics of) little to no lowering at all over factory, even AFTER any 'settling', with that same Swift/B6 combo. [dunno]

If this is an actual 100% of the time case (the 7/8" to 1" actual lowering) this combo lowers way too much for my uses, even with 1/2" top mount spacers. [:(]

Fiestig

Good info ^^ Are you staying with the B6/swift combo or still experimenting?
I was going to do the whiteline/b6 as well, but I really don't want to any longer now that I know that it is going to be plenty lower than I want. I honestly should have done the whiteline/b6 first knowing that I probably had nowhere to go but up moving to the swifts. We'll see. I still have FiST #2 that I could do the whitelines on.

This has me wondering what all of the members on here did 'wrong' on their installs, when they claim (and show pics of) little to no lowering at all over factory, even AFTER any 'settling', with that same Swift/B6 combo. [dunno]
I read this so many times that this is what I suspected it would be, but it simply isn't in my case and swifts are within what is advertised for drop. I did not use rear urethane spring pads. Just new stock pads, which would equate to probably about an 1/8 difference in drop over urethane. I also didn't reuse the stock dust cover which does have a built in spring pad for the front. Not sure that would even equate to 1/8" at full compression since it is essentially just a thin rubber isolator.

I have wondered many times... Is there a reason why you don't just pick up custom spec springs for your initial needs? Or you could try the Ford Performance pack with spacers. I think that can be had for very little $$ just to try.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was going to do the whiteline/b6 as well, but I really don't want to any longer now that I know that it is going to be plenty lower than I want. I honestly should have done the whiteline/b6 first knowing that I probably had nowhere to go but up moving to the swifts. We'll see. I still have FiST #2 that I could do the whitelines on.

I read this so many times that this is what I suspected it would be, but it simply isn't in my case and swifts are within what is advertised for drop. I did not use rear urethane spring pads. Just new stock pads, which would equate to probably about an 1/8 difference in drop over urethane. I also didn't reuse the stock dust cover which does have a built in spring pad for the front. Not sure that would even equate to 1/8" at full compression since it is essentially just a thin rubber isolator.

I have wondered many times... Is there a reason why you don't just pick up custom spec springs for your initial needs? Or you could try the Ford Performance pack with spacers. I think that can be had for very little $$ just to try.
Because all of the spring companies require 400 spring 'runs' for any custom spec spring which is not already sitting on their shelves, just like Enkei and all of the other wheel manufacturers do for non-stocking PCD drillings/offsets, if they even offer that option at all. [:(]

A factory ride height, but 20%-25% greater LINEAR spring rate spring would be ideal for me, but NO ONE is EVER going to offer that for these cars, since the majority of owners want to slam them right into the ground. [mad]