Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Sam4

Well who would have thought I would have to face this BS after buying a brand new suspension setup..

https://www.fiestast.org/threads/fiesta-st-front-suspension-knock.4630/

I officially call my car a bucket of shit. Going to have to get rid of it I think.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
My knock comes from the down pipe bracket to the rear motor mount "flying buttress" bracket. Everything is solid until you consider the oem studs which melt off. Right before you try and replace the mount - snap (or more like a soggy pickle). I've tried to retrofit a through bolt, but *clunk*. And today is rear shox top nut tightening day!! I've called our Fist a collection of crap parts, but that engine.......(y)

Trading up? Replacing? Moving? Regrettable or non regrettable decision?
I ended up buying a 2007 Hyundai Azera Limited. Blue with tan leather, 3.8 v6, all the goodies. Owned by an old lady, only has 21k miles! This was kind of the plan after buying the '84 K10. Oregon is expensive to live in, and with this I've almost halved my car payment on a car with 15k less miles. I had an Azera previously, same year, and loved it. When I saw this one pop up, I knew it was a good car and being a Hyundai it was fairly cheap for everything you get. I'll miss the FiST, but between it, the truck, and the motorcycle, 3 projects was at least one too many. I've got to get pictures of everything but I'll have some stock parts for sale, including headlights, wheels, intercooler, things like that.

My knock comes from the down pipe bracket to the rear motor mount "flying buttress" bracket. Everything is solid until you consider the oem studs which melt off. Right before you try and replace the mount - snap (or more like a soggy pickle). I've tried to retrofit a through bolt, but *clunk*. And today is rear shox top nut tightening day!! I've called our Fist a collection of crap parts, but that engine.......(y)
Problem is mine wasn't there untill I fitted the coilovers.. I took them out today and checked them over, the camber adjustment bolts needed a bit of a tightening but we're not loose enough to be a problem.

Checked all the bolts that bolt the control arms in place, checked the upper shock rod bolts they were all tight.

Lowered the front more and now it's perfect height front and rear. Readjusted the sway bar links and it feels a hell of a lot better now, but still getting that thud, can tell it's the shocks as when I turn the wheel and go over a speed bump in a car park with only one front wheel at a time i can feel and hear it from that wheel individually..

Going to take it to a suspension shop tomorrow. See what he thinks..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Sam4

And, its the rear shock top mount. Snapped off the at the bolt. Hopefully a local dealer has one - shipping times are more expensive the the friggin mount.

Put a dash cam on the windshield. Picked up a Garmin Mini 2 on an Amazon Black Friday special. Tucked behind the rearview mirror, with the wire running under the housing for the compass guts to the headliner, it's not visible from the driver seat unless you look up behind the mirror. It beeps on startup and shutdown, so you know it's there. Ran the power wire to a fuse tap on the heated seat circuit, so it's a set-it and forget-it deal unless I need the footage.

The only time I drive my car is a weekend commute a few times a month to the west side of downtown L.A., and with so many crazies out there, I figured it's cheap insurance.

Ordered interior LEDs from Diode Dynamics and got those installed. Ordered 5 bulbs. Needed 6. So I did them all except the two rear map lights.

Went with H5 92 lumen bulbs. Very nice change. Install was extremely easy. I have a 2017 with Sunroof. So it's two map lights in the front, a dome light in the rear, two map lights in the rear, and the hatch. All the same bulb. And you can change them all without having to pull the actual fixtures out of the headliner.

I ordered my new spare wheel on 9/16 and it finally showed up today. I got a flat around that time, and since I was running the dekagrams anyway, it made sense to get another to use as my spare so if/when I get another flat I don’t have to run an odd size wheel.

Attachments