What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Cneu

Premium Account
Member ID
If I keep my FiST after I move to Portland I will just go S280 as my final mod. E85 doesn’t add much benefit to the S280 on 93 without additional fueling.
I'll probably go the same route. I dont see the benefit of an e30 tune when I would be driving gas cans across portland/hillsboro. Then i'd have to reflash the tune everytime I go out in central/eastern oregon, so it would just be a lot of hassle.

I wouldn't be against a weekend tune. Idk I'm about to order a dizzy tune so maybe I'll just toss it in there.

Funny enough, with my cobb stage 2 93 tune I keep getting o2 sensor codes so I think cobb reverted their tunes to keep the o2 sensors enabled. I dont have cat o2 sensors, lol. I made the mistake of updating my AP and I think that updated the maps.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Member ID
I'll probably go the same route. I dont see the benefit of an e30 tune when I would be driving gas cans across portland/hillsboro. Then i'd have to reflash the tune everytime I go out in central/eastern oregon, so it would just be a lot of hassle.

I wouldn't be against a weekend tune. Idk I'm about to order a dizzy tune so maybe I'll just toss it in there.

Funny enough, with my cobb stage 2 93 tune I keep getting o2 sensor codes so I think cobb reverted their tunes to keep the o2 sensors enabled. I dont have cat o2 sensors, lol. I made the mistake of updating my AP and I think that updated the maps.
Tune+ makes it so you can switch maps on the fly. I just hit CAN/RES for cruise control, scroll up or down and you'll see the tach needle move between 1,2,3 RPM numbers for the map slot. E30 is on 2,000 RPM for me, and 93 is on 1,000 RPM. No reflashing needed.

You probably know the area better than me, but the speed limits in Oregon are incredibly slow compared to Texas. I was commuting from Beaverton to Hillsboro for work. 70mph is typical highway speed here. Our local roads are 45-60, and the lowest speed limits in neighborhoods are technically 30mph. In that regard, I think the FiST would be more fun in Oregon than Texas, it just feels so slow on wide, flat, open highways. On the other hand, I felt more comfortable walking around there than I do here. People don't yield to pedestrians here, even at designated crosswalks.

Cneu

Premium Account
Member ID
Tune+ makes it so you can switch maps on the fly. I just hit CAN/RES for cruise control, scroll up or down and you'll see the tach needle move between 1,2,3 RPM numbers for the map slot. E30 is on 2,000 RPM for me, and 93 is on 1,000 RPM. No reflashing needed.

You probably know the area better than me, but the speed limits in Oregon are incredibly slow compared to Texas. I was commuting from Beaverton to Hillsboro for work. 70mph is typical highway speed here. Our local roads are 45-60, and the lowest speed limits in neighborhoods are technically 30mph. In that regard, I think the FiST would be more fun in Oregon than Texas, it just feels so slow on wide, flat, open highways. On the other hand, I felt more comfortable walking around there than I do here. People don't yield to pedestrians here, even at designated crosswalks.
Yeah our speed limits are pretty low. It's a result of our pedestrian first attitude towards infrastructure so watch out for folks on foot/bike. It also helps save fuel, tires and possibly increases the lifespan of road surfaces. We use salt very, very sparingly on our roads in the winter so rust isn't an issue. Also, in case you didn't know, cyclists DO NOT have to stop at stop signs in Oregon. But yeah, it's really annoying sometimes when folks are going 55 in the left lane or they have 8 cars behind them on a narrow road but won't let anyone pass. My general rule is 10% over the posted speed limit and I never have issues. Just slow down for cops and they dont usually care. My radar detector has saved me from a bunch of tickets in central/eastern oregon, lol. There are entire counties in SE oregon where you won't see a cop so 100+mph cruising is pretty normal.

like no joke. I had an emergency incident out by Vale a couple years ago. It took the state trooper nearly an hour to get there and he was hauling ass. The ambulance ride to Ontario was 70 minutes. That's how remote parts of eastern oregon are.

I'm in hillsboro if ya ever wanna go for a drive. We have a ton of absolutely amazing roads out here. We're really lucky in that regard.

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Yeah our speed limits are pretty low. It's a result of our pedestrian first attitude towards infrastructure so watch out for folks on foot/bike. It also helps save fuel, tires and possibly increases the lifespan of road surfaces. We use salt very, very sparingly on our roads in the winter so rust isn't an issue. Also, in case you didn't know, cyclists DO NOT have to stop at stop signs in Oregon. But yeah, it's really annoying sometimes when folks are going 55 in the left lane or they have 8 cars behind them on a narrow road but won't let anyone pass. My general rule is 10% over the posted speed limit and I never have issues. Just slow down for cops and they dont usually care. My radar detector has saved me from a bunch of tickets in central/eastern oregon, lol. There are entire counties in SE oregon where you won't see a cop so 100+mph cruising is pretty normal.

like no joke. I had an emergency incident out by Vale a couple years ago. It took the state trooper nearly an hour to get there and he was hauling ass. The ambulance ride to Ontario was 70 minutes. That's how remote parts of eastern oregon are.

I'm in hillsboro if ya ever wanna go for a drive. We have a ton of absolutely amazing roads out here. We're really lucky in that regard.
I once took 127 to 30 along the river. Looks like it would be fun outside of rush hour.

Cneu

Premium Account
Member ID
I once took 127 to 30 along the river. Looks like it would be fun outside of rush hour.
lol yeah sunday drivers can ruin a good road experience. 127 is always congested so I rarely take it. One semi missing a shift ruins the whole thing.

Go checkout Rocky Point Road off Skyline Blvd by Scappoose. Rocky is really popular with drifters, I think Donut filmed something up there. It's extremely curvy so the fiesta really shines. The tillamook highway is an amazing time if you can do it without traffic.

I grew up here in Oregon and can name a thousand roads, lol. I avoid i-5 at all costs and we're lucky to have great rural highways here.

Last edited:
Member ID
Was commissioned to make privacy cover hinge replacement pieces. Since mine were broke I made sure they were going to work on my vehicle first.

Attachments

Member ID
Trying to figure out how the subframe went before the exhaust?
Man that looked like an underwater shipwreck. Wonder what Sponge Bob does for rust-proofing on his rides...
My prior car rusted out ass-first. So I've been paying attention to the rear and so far what's behind the rear bumper ain't look'n nice.
I don't understand either. The front-most exhaust hanger (just after the subframe) rusted off the exhaust, but the rest of it does not look so bad at all. knock on wood... yet

Member ID
Planned to swap all the MMs today before the first day of the season in AutoX. I run Street so can’t do aftermarket unfortunately. The PMM is way better - OEM was shot. The OE RMM and trans mounts I got from rock auto were so squishy I decided against using them - ugh.

Konis set to full stiff, Enkeis on, let’s go!

Attachments

Member ID
Got the new wheels and tires on. Also put some feesh pads and rotors. Also got the front two whoosh braided stainless lines on. Hoping to get rears installed next week. Car feels freaking phenomenal.
Nice set of wheels. What is the spec and do they come in matte black?

Member ID
Nice set of wheels. What is the spec and do they come in matte black?
Got them through Oakos. I think they only had this color in 16x8+38ET. I would have preferred SBC finish instead, but everything is special order for us, so they have to order a decent quantity to make it worth while to sell.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Member ID
Have to be at work tomorrow morning so technically this is what am I doing tonight.
Dangerously low on friction material for my front passenger side, outer pad. (rest are not far behind)
Despite the extreme dustiness, I'm giving the expensive OEM pads another whirl.

1715309621727.png

The reduced contact surface area is a curious design decision.
Not sure my aftermarket CarQuest pads had the tapering. (will have to check prior photos)
1715309708326.png

Cneu

Premium Account
Member ID
The brakes on these cars are pretty interesting. I don't think I've ever gone through pads as fast as I do with this thing. The way these things like to be driven probably encourages it, lol. Plus the vectoring.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Member ID
The brakes on these cars are pretty interesting. I don't think I've ever gone through pads as fast as I do with this thing. The way these things like to be driven probably encourages it, lol.
It's the stability control and torque vectoring features that burn up the rears on mine. For my first set, I actually wore out the rear, well before the front.

Also noticed some abrasion wear on a coolant line during inspection...
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/abrasion-wear-on-coolant-line.32335/