Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did your Ford Fiesta ST replace?

JRitt

@JRitt Holy hell. Did you buy 4 Fiestas after selling that beauty?
I owned the NSX for five years and it was a fantastic vehicle, but I typically rotate my enthusiast cars out every few years. I get bored and want to try them all! :) The Fiesta ST happened to be next on my 'want to own' list, so that's what I went with after selling the NSX. I am not disappointed. I'm having a blast with the FiST and it's as good as everyone always says it is. It's totally different than the NSX, but just as fun in its own ways. The most similar vehicle I probably ever owned to the FiST was my 1998 Integra Type R.

Some contenders for my next purchase are: Lotus Evora GT, GR86, Audi R8 (with a gated manual of course), ND Miata, C6 ZR1. My love for fun cars is blind, and badges don't mean anything to me.

I commuted to work for over 25 years so owing Honda Civic's was a must, I purchased a 2105 FIST, I had it for 4 years with less than 40k miles on it, enjoyed but never abused. Bone stock, this is the last photo I believe of it before it was stolen for the rims and tires. 20191124_102819.jpg

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I commuted to work for over 25 years so owing Honda Civic's was a must, I purchased a 2105 FIST, I had it for 4 years with less than 40k miles on it, enjoyed but never abused. Bone stock, this is the last photo I believe of it before it was stolen for the rims and tires. View attachment 60243
What a shame, I don’t even like the stock wheels.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I owned the NSX for five years and it was a fantastic vehicle, but I typically rotate my enthusiast cars out every few years. I get bored and want to try them all! :) The Fiesta ST happened to be next on my 'want to own' list, so that's what I went with after selling the NSX. I am not disappointed. I'm having a blast with the FiST and it's as good as everyone always says it is. It's totally different than the NSX, but just as fun in its own ways. The most similar vehicle I probably ever owned to the FiST was my 1998 Integra Type R.

Some contenders for my next purchase are: Lotus Evora GT, GR86, Audi R8 (with a gated manual of course), ND Miata, C6 ZR1. My love for fun cars is blind, and badges don't mean anything to me.
Thought about a C6 Vette they can be had for reasonable prices. Next purchase most likely a GR Corolla. Serious contenders , Lotus Emira, Nismo Z if they make a manual version, possibly another S13 240sx for getting back into drifting. Alfa Giulia Quadrafoglio .. ya I know, but what a Sports Sedan.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
before it was stolen for the rims and tires.
Never a theory I would test, but I always thought man-trans vehicles were much safer.
(BTW: why am I not surprised that insurance companies don't charge any less)
According to the original report that aired, the thieves left one of the most expensive enthusiast vehicles behind, they think because it was a manual shift.
https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-new...eak-in-alleged-car-theft-at-goshen-dealership
(that commentary was cut off from the video segment on the website)

They were after the brand new tires, either they had my address and were waiting for it, or they could show and steal a car within the time it takes to go into the house and get my coffee.
The thieves only took the rims and tires. The Tow Truck Driver total the car by dragging it off the center blocks and across the dirt, removing both the front and rear fascia, tearing the inter cooler off, the exhaust pipe off and other under carriage damage. It was heart breaking to see it. 20200210_160741.jpg

I should have left the old lug nuts on it, they would have had a tough time removing them.
My insurance paid 750 for that tow and 14K to me.

Quote Dude, I get pissed just looking at that.
It was a lot worse than the photo shows.
The metal was in good shape, just a dent of two, everything underneath was trashed.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Dude, I get pissed just looking at that. 😡 The tow truck driver doesn't sound much better than the drug-money seeking thieves.

In addition to steeling a manual shift, they go after 4-lug wheels and odd-ball sized tires? Wow... just wow... what them drugs do...

Not just 4 lug wheels, but a screwy 4x108 PCD which only maybe 3 actual, not all that popular/prolific cars can use, and at least one of them was never even sold here (Citroen).

My FiST replaced a '91 Acura NSX...and no, I'm not kidding. I would venture to guess that may be a first on this forum? :) One of my NSX 'for sale' photos below.

View attachment 60241
Sold my AH3 GT-R32 to buy the FiST ...not an NSX though, and not a LHD nonetheless
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32   010.jpg

Maybe the thieves have specific customers who special order wheels. :cool:
Midnight Auto Supply
Two thoughts it was either the Firestone employees or there friends who had my address, I live with the interior of my track, not a lot of traffic goes down it at 5:45 AM.
Second option car thieves looking for cars running with the defrosters on and the person is the house and they simply drove by and saw it. Very common technique. They like to wait at banks, in Ca. stealing a car that is running and no one in it is simply Joy Riding, ticket no jail.

Last edited: