Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

is there any value in keeping the stock suspension around after I install coilovers tomorrow? i ask as i live in a small apartment so space for old par parts is limited. is it the kind of thing someone local would want to buy? full strut spring assembly with top hats, rear shocks and springs. less than 500 miles on them. the place i'm installing will recycle the old parts for free.

have any of you looked at your battery voltage when the car is off? i was installing a dash cam with a hardware kit and was wondering why it wouldn't turn on. turns out it won't send power to the cameras unless battery voltage is over 12v. the car started fine and the voltage jumped back up immediately. my multimeter at the interior fuse box was reading 11.7v though.
I've noticed on my radar detector that the voltage starts around 11v then slowly increases to over 12v after the car runs for a about 30 seconds.

I believe I've heard that the accessory port(s)/lighter plug(s) in the car are on even when the car's off. If that's the case and you have anything plugged in, you could see something that looks like parasitic drain, I suppose.

the front 12v port is live always, the rear one apparently stays on for 10 minutes after the car is shut off. there are plenty of things that run when you hit the power button though, so yeah that could explain it a bit. my 11.7v was with the car completely off though so very little parasitic drain. i'm about to actually drive the car a bit for the first time in a month so i'll see how the voltage is after that.

Mishi induction hose.... butt dyno says it adds something with my setup (MP215, Mountune airbox, bigmouth and other bits).
Was going to do the mishi catch can, but wrong bracket...

ZUS car finder/USB... https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/zus-the-truly-smart-car-charger-car-locator#/ (not much of an install, but new for me)

Velossatech diffuser fins

(Taking advantage of the nice weather in STL)

installed 3/4 of a set of bilstein coilovers, and then drove home like that ha. the shop I was installing at, a local place where you can rent bays with lifts and tools by the hour, closed at 3 for the holiday. Had to leave before I had time to finish the last corner (front passenger side) since there's some re-assembly to do after --wipers, upper and lower cowl, headlamps. I never have owned a car that required quite so much disassembly to get at the strut tower.

so now the car sits until the next time I can get to that place, probably in a week or two hopefully with cp-e exhaust in hand to install as well.

it was my first time really wrenching on the car today. Fun to get back into this car hobby :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
installed 3/4 of a set of bilstein coilovers, and then drove home like that ha. the shop I was installing at, a local place where you can rent bays with lifts and tools by the hour, closed at 3 for the holiday. Had to leave before I had time to finish the last corner (front passenger side) since there's some re-assembly to do after --wipers, upper and lower cowl, headlamps. I never have owned a car that required quite so much disassembly to get at the strut tower.

so now the car sits until the next time I can get to that place, probably in a week or two hopefully with cp-e exhaust in hand to install as well.

it was my first time really wrenching on the car today. Fun to get back into this car hobby :)

I'm learning that A LOT of the things we do to modify these cars require MUCH to be removed in order to get to what you are changing out/modifying (as compared to other cars I've owned modded), I guess due to the compacted nature of the car's packaging? [:(]

But I STILL wish that there were places like where you went to do this work on your own around MY area. Consider yourself fortunate to have that option available to you there in Pearl Jam town. [wink]

I'm learning that A LOT of the things we do to modify these cars require MUCH to be removed in order to get to what you are changing out/modifying (as compared to other cars I've owned modded), I guess due to the compacted nature of the car's packaging? [:(]

But I STILL wish that there were places like where you went to do this work on your own around MY area. Consider yourself fortunate to have that option available to you there in Pearl Jam town. [wink]
Small FWD cars specifically. My two previous cars were Miatas (a 2006 GT and a 2004 Mazdaspeed) and super easy to work on. Small FWD cars are different though, short hood, windshield coming far forward, etc.

It was honestly a wonderful experience. The place wasn't busy due to the holiday but there was a guy in the bay next to me working on his mustang GT (the up until 2014 gen), someone else there with a challenger, etc. I know my coworker works on his gtr nismo there and they get lots of cool cars in due to the location (Kirkland WA, out in the burbs where all the people with exotics live). I'll definitely be back. If I had brought my own tools we could have worked a lot faster on the car, ended up basically having to do a corner at a time.

Oh and I forgot to tighten the top nut on the front strut that did get installed, so I limped over to o'reilly since the shop had closed at this point and re-disassembled the car in their parking lot. So many college memories doing dumb wrenching under the hood of the car in an auto parts store parking lot came flooding back to me heh.

Brought my new to me 2015 fist home on monday. First thing I did was change the wallpaper on the screen. Just removed the fiesta badge from the rear. Ordered some oem all weather mats. And started ordering parts for the Yakima roof rack to carry my bikes. Next is probably window tint. Then on to the performance goodies.

Brought my new to me 2015 fist home on monday. First thing I did was change the wallpaper on the screen. Just removed the fiesta badge from the rear. Ordered some oem all weather mats. And started ordering parts for the Yakima roof rack to carry my bikes. Next is probably window tint. Then on to the performance goodies.
Congrats on the car and welcome :). Removing the "fiesta" was one of my first mods too, brings the car closer to the badging they used in the rest of the world (ST on the right, nothing on the left). There's a good reason they put "fiesta" on them in North America, using the ST as a halo car to raise the image of the whole Fiesta 'brand', but screw making the rear cluttered.

Kazz

Small FWD cars specifically. My two previous cars were Miatas (a 2006 GT and a 2004 Mazdaspeed) and super easy to work on. Small FWD cars are different though, short hood, windshield coming far forward, etc.

It was honestly a wonderful experience. The place wasn't busy due to the holiday but there was a guy in the bay next to me working on his mustang GT (the up until 2014 gen), someone else there with a challenger, etc. I know my coworker works on his gtr nismo there and they get lots of cool cars in due to the location (Kirkland WA, out in the burbs where all the people with exotics live). I'll definitely be back. If I had brought my own tools we could have worked a lot faster on the car, ended up basically having to do a corner at a time.

Oh and I forgot to tighten the top nut on the front strut that did get installed, so I limped over to o'reilly since the shop had closed at this point and re-disassembled the car in their parking lot. So many college memories doing dumb wrenching under the hood of the car in an auto parts store parking lot came flooding back to me heh.

Seriously? The headlights have to come out in order to get a the front strut mounts? Ugh. That will put off any suspension upgrades for me for a while. LOL

Headlights are ezmode to remove though. Two screws and a plastic retaining bit on each side, and a single plug quick disconnect wiring harness. I've never owned a car with easier to remove lamps.

Annoying though is needing to remove the wiper arms, upper cowl, and lower cowl to get at the strut towers --removing the lower cowl is what requires the headlamps to come out.

Given a ratcheting wrench that works at just the right angle I think you could probably reach the three nuts holding the top hats to the chassis without removing any of that. With a regular socket set, it has to come out.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Had no problem getting top strut mount with swiveling ratcheting box wrench.
Looks like I'm investing in a set of these (already have the solid/non-swiveling versions).

ALL of the bolts/nuts/fasteners on this car (except for the Torx/'star' stuff) are METRIC, correct?

I washed mine today after 2 months. But Saturday I installed interior LEDs, auto dimming home link mirror, replaced engine mounts with 60a urethane filled ones, and replaced trans fluid with Motul 300.

brbauer2

Got an email from Aaron [wiggle]

Flashed the Stratified tune and WOW what difference!
Even coming from the COBB 93 Stage 1 OTS tune.

Edit

Just got this in the mail! Can't wait for registration to open!