Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can anyone replicate and/or explain this quirky behavior?

Shmi

Basically if on throttle and I turn off cruise control using the CAN/RES button on the steering wheel, the tachometer will drop to 1,000RPM for a second or so, then come back to normal.
Also, if on throttle with cruise control already off, pressing the Cancel/Resume button on the steering wheel makes the tach drop to 2,000 RPM for a brief moment. Weird. Videos below

Mods: air filter, COBB v200 93 octane tune.

Conditions: Cruise set to any speed. Foot still on the throttle though, but only 10% or so (enough to keep the speed slightly above what CC is set to). Press CAN/RES button on wheel. RPM needle drops significantly, then comes back up.
[video=youtube;_17jvnH4nMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_17jvnH4nMc[/video]

Conditions: Cruise control off. On throttle at any percentage. Press CAN/RES button on steering wheel. RPM drops to 2,000 for a moment, then come back up. I'm basically spamming the CAN/RES button near the end here:
[video=youtube;gsk6axkClWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsk6axkClWQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Anyhow, it doesn't really seem to affect anything. I have no clue how long this has been going on because I very rarely use cruise control, but I don't recall ever seeing this before tonight. I'm not too worried, just found it odd and wondered if anyone else has noticed it.

I believe this is a function of the Cobb map switching software. Indicating 1000rpm means you are running the tune in map slot 1. There is a Cobb produced youtube video that explains how all this works.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Lol your instant map switching. - is your loaded tune and + is psuedo economy map. Its the new feature in v200 maps.

OP
S

Shmi

Thread Starter #4
I believe this is a function of the Cobb map switching software. Indicating 1000rpm means you are running the tune in map slot 1. There is a Cobb produced youtube video that explains how all this works.
Lol your instant map switching. - is your loaded tune and + is psuedo economy map. Its the new feature in v200 maps.
Ah! Didnt know that. Hahah thanks guys.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I dont know if there is a way to disable it to use cruise control tho...ask Cobb.

OP
S

Shmi

Thread Starter #6
I dont know if there is a way to disable it to use cruise control tho...ask Cobb.
Well cruise still works, this just works on top of it I guess. Found the video:

[video=youtube;vmvqXnQ48pg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmvqXnQ48pg[/video]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
So help me cuz I am lazy is there info how to fill the slots and make fast map switching work ? I have the ATR just a bit busy to look myself.. ok and a lot lazy..

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Yes, cruise works normally when ON. But, when OFF it will go through map options. When ON and engaged in cruising it will function normally i.e. pressing CAN/RES will function normally. Pressing it again will go in to map switching. Not entirely sure if it will RESUME cruise, though. I'll try that out again.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Yes, cruise works normally when ON. But, when OFF it will go through map options. When ON and engaged in cruising it will function normally i.e. pressing CAN/RES will function normally. Pressing it again will go in to map switching. Not entirely sure if it will RESUME cruise, though. I'll try that out again.
It will resume cruise. Basically, cruise is completely normal with the exception of the few seconds after you initially press cancel. When you initially press it the tach will drop to whatever map you're currently on, and if you hit +/- the needle will move to the respective map number and your map is switched. If you don't press +/-, after a few seconds the tach needle will move back to indicating rpm.

Basically if on throttle and I turn off cruise control using the CAN/RES button on the steering wheel, the tachometer will drop to 1,000RPM for a second or so, then come back to normal.
Also, if on throttle with cruise control already off, pressing the Cancel/Resume button on the steering wheel makes the tach drop to 2,000 RPM for a brief moment. Weird. Videos below

Mods: air filter, COBB v200 93 octane tune.

Conditions: Cruise set to any speed. Foot still on the throttle though, but only 10% or so (enough to keep the speed slightly above what CC is set to). Press CAN/RES button on wheel. RPM needle drops significantly, then comes back up.
[video=youtube;_17jvnH4nMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_17jvnH4nMc[/video]

Conditions: Cruise control off. On throttle at any percentage. Press CAN/RES button on steering wheel. RPM drops to 2,000 for a moment, then come back up. I'm basically spamming the CAN/RES button near the end here:
[video=youtube;gsk6axkClWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsk6axkClWQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Anyhow, it doesn't really seem to affect anything. I have no clue how long this has been going on because I very rarely use cruise control, but I don't recall ever seeing this before tonight. I'm not too worried, just found it odd and wondered if anyone else has noticed it.
DUDE!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for making this post. I thought I was going nuts.
On the way home today i noticed my tachometer(rpm gauge) was tripping out. It kept going from 1k rpm to 2k rpm all on its own. It would not show the current engine rpm. I thought my tach was busted/not working. I didnt notice until i was on the freeway halfway home.

I got home bummed and planned to flash back to the stock tune and head to the stealership tomorrow.
I decided to check the internets and low and behold you had a post about a similar issue.

I never use cruise control and I have never used the map switching function(kinda forgot it existed). I never even look at that button.

I saw your post and went out to check my car.

My cruise button(cluster?) was stuck on the can/reset button being held down.
I felt so dumb lol.

Thank you very much and this is the exact reason forums and message boards exist, thanks for sharing, I am forever grateful that you started this dicussion.

OP
S
Thread Starter #11
DUDE!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for making this post. I thought I was going nuts.
On the way home today i noticed my tachometer(rpm gauge) was tripping out. It kept going from 1k rpm to 2k rpm all on its own. It would not show the current engine rpm. I thought my tach was busted/not working. I didnt notice until i was on the freeway halfway home.

I got home bummed and planned to flash back to the stock tune and head to the stealership tomorrow.
I decided to check the internets and low and behold you had a post about a similar issue.

I never use cruise control and I have never used the map switching function(kinda forgot it existed). I never even look at that button.

I saw your post and went out to check my car.

My cruise button(cluster?) was stuck on the can/reset button being held down.
I felt so dumb lol.

Thank you very much and this is the exact reason forums and message boards exist, thanks for sharing, I am forever grateful that you started this dicussion.
[emoji23] so glad I'm not the only one hahahahah. Glad my misunderstanding helped you out, though.

Reviving a dead thread, this was recently added to the Ford Accessport Manager as a 'bug fix':

Fiesta ST Map Updates - Fixed Rolling Map Slot Display Bug
Issued new maps to fix rolling map slot (tach needle) indicator from triggering during cruise control 'on' conditions.
Map Updates: Ford Fiesta Map Notes
Anti-Theft Mode v221.ptm
Stage0 v221.ptm
Stage1 91 v221.ptm
Stage1 93 v221.ptm
Stage2 91 v221.ptm
Stage2 93 v221.ptm
Stage3 91 v221.ptm
Stage3 93 v221.ptm
Valet Mode v221.ptm

I contacted my tuner to see if anything needed to be changed in order to fix this (also reflashed the map after updating AP, just in case that fixed anything) and I'm still experiencing this bug. Anyone else have this issue? Cruising with cruise control on, click cancel/resume and then I enter map hot switching mode.